Some Outdoor Safety Reminders

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, May 27, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/covid-19-updates/how-to-safely-go-outside-/

Good morning all,

Per ...

They're basic reminders but these are the ones frequently forgotten about.

Narrow trails can allow for 6 feet of space between hikers/walkers. It does involve an intimate relationship with the thorns ripping into face unless prepared for this. Forget the clothing; sewing can be done later.

A minor piece of trivia; The US M-16 "birdcage" rifle had a few reasons for development. One was the pre-birdcage model - the C-ration carton opener one (3 prongs) was frequently getting caught on the garden stuff.

I am now in the mood for a rusty top South Korean beer - and I can drink them hot.

Morgan101 likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    In the wilderness particularly jungle, my primary concern has always been related with meteorological & geological in nature. In most cases the only human encounter are those within our own team.

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

I remember you wrote at some thread that you were well prepared for just about everything except this pandemic.

In a jungle wilderness, like walking uphill, a Brunton sighting clinometer and a SkyScan storm detector allows for met and geological concerns to be addressed. Those darn Indonesian monsoons !

Regarding "In most cases", says it all.

"Prepare for realistic, worst case scenarios" FEMA.

The Kimono dragons will flee you and your team once they sense the Ramen noodles.

The instruments will be acquired by people.

Adjust matters accordingly.

4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Never remember ever said that. And although I've managed to escaped mother nature rapid redecoration efforts more than once, I've got a feeling my luck may not last :eek: A major earthquake will trigger some many others calamity from a landfall, magma degassing (in volcano), soil liquefaction, etc

They prefer tourist meat nowadays. Local such as me don't have enough meat to satisfy their appetite. Beside eating the local is seriously bad for for their own survival, and they somehow knew about it.

5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

My theme is to minimize the techie stuff so as to address the human elements that cause many "problems".

The most prepared are the luckiest.

Nice picture.

...... and don't pet the Pingolins !