Some Skunk Info

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Mar 6, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am going to guess you were looking for herbivore, plant eaters. I never wanted to get close enough to find out. We did have skunks take up residence under our front porch. The neighbor across the street called on the phone to alert us. Mama, Papa, and three babies were not to concerned about being noticed. Perfectly content to hang out on my front porch. Fortunately, moth balls did the trick. We poured them down the hole and the skunks evacuated. Apparently, moth balls smell worse to skunks.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

Yes, that's the word; herbivore.

I, too, use moth balls (camphor).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, but Pepé has been canceled by the gods of Secular Humanism.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/07/why-is-looney-tunes-pepe-le-pew-cancelled-drama-explained/

https://hannity.com/media-room/pepe...fter-being-accused-of-promoting-rape-culture/

"A new report from the Hollywood Reporter confirmed this week that Warner Bros. Studios has axed the character ‘Pepé Le Pew’ from ‘Space Jam’ -an upcoming movie starring NBA superstar LeBron James.

“'RW blogs are mad bc I said Pepe Le Pew added to rape culture,' wrote one NY Times columnist. ..."

upload_2021-3-8_19-17-13.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Skunks are a medium size member of the weasel family (mustelidae) and there musk glands are overdeveloped so as to provide the animal a weapon. I trapped a few 100 while working and gotten way to close for comfort. As long as you don't frighten them or make them defensive in any way, they won't spray. I have had 2 different skunks walk across my shoes while I stood there very quiet. One of the ways to euthanize skunks in a trap is to inject acetone into there lungs with a syringe on a 6 foot pole. You walk up slowly to the skunk while talking in a low calm voice. Let it smell the stick and give it a couple minutes to be comfortable. Then a quick jab with the needle into the lungs. They will usually bite at the syringe but that's all. It puts the animal to sleep before the lungs and heart stop working. Very peaceful and calm. If you shoot one and don't break it's spine, it will spray.

It's spray is a cocktail of sulfides and can blind an adult short term if it hits in the eyes.

Skunk Spray Removal.jpg

The above recipe works on everything that has been sprayed by a skunk. At least on everything I've tried it on. That's included dogs, cloths, cars and the sides of houses. All part of the job back then. LOL!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Very good info, Thanks Dale.

TMT Tactical, Mar 8, 2021
      Dalewick likes this.