Some Weapons You Can Carry Almost Everywhere?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by John Snort, Jul 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    You never can tell when you may have to defend yourself against an assailant for any reason whatsoever. That's why you need to have a weapon to you can use to incapacitate your attacker or get them to flee if they realize you are not such an easy target.

I read a story about how a man was able to use match sticks in WW 2 to kill two Germans who wanted to murder him.

That said I don't believe match sticks can be that great a weapon. If you can fake a limp a walking cane can be a weapon you take with you everywhere you go.

What other weapons can you carry with you almost everywhere?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    No need to fake a limp to carry a walking stick. They are legal, as are umbrellas. Car keys are good but requires close quarters as to feet, hands, elbows, knees & shoulders. Hats can be used to some effect in the face & eyes, clothing can be used as a defence against knives. Spray bottles of perfume for the ladies is very effective. Key chains depending on strength & length can be used to strike & to choke. Bicycle locks & chains also good, as are bicycles & bicycle pumps. Waist belts can be used to strike, choke or wrap around your hand to punch. Pin type badges, hat pins, some hair slides, use your imagination.
    Keith.

John Snort likes this.
  3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    A good lock blade pocket knife nothing big just a well made small knife of good steel with a sharp edge is a fine weapon i have a buck i use along with a three blade oldtimer both are great little tools the three blade is 40 years old and is good as the day i got it and is my main pocket knife ie it allways in my pocket

John Snort likes this.
  4. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    A cane is one of the best. You can fly with one and take one anywhere. ADA insures this. One of the tac. metal pens makes an excellent defensive weapon. A credit card with one side sharpened. Knitting needles are allowed on a plane, ladies, you do like to knit, Right?
    Heavy, steel toed boots, your belt with heavy belt buckle, as mentioned, an umbrella. A couple of books in a briefcase or heavy carry bag with strong handles can be swung or used to stop a bullet or knife.
    Off bug spray, hair spray (not sure if you can fly with it).

Lastly, your mind can be your best weapon. When you are in a place where you cannot be armed, look around for anything that could be used as a weapon. You will find more than you might think if you just take time to look ahead of a time.

When I fly, as much as I like a window seat, I sit in an isle seat. I can't move or respond to a threat if I've got people between me and the isle. I also look around to see who might be someone else who might take action. Especially anyone who looks military.

When it comes to "Gun Free Zones", I still carry if I can (I don't care about the policy of a business such as Target stores have). I do my best to stay out of "Gun Free Zones".
    If a store does not want me to be able to protect myself, I don't do business with them.