Some Winter Safety Info

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Nov 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.weather.gov/wrn/winter_safety

Good morning all,

Per ...

Some comments:

Use sound discretion if/when planning to store water in vehicle during freezing weather. A broken container can cause headaches and et cetra.

If vehicle outside during freezing weather and lock handles on doors freeze shut, I use hair dryers, plug in and battery powered, dedicated to warming boots to also getting an additional assigned role of dedication to getting into the pickup.

Keep some rags in vehicle.

At the link's "Winter Info graphics" section, at "International", Indonesia is listed mentioning their BMKG and BNPB.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    My solution, don't live in freezing climates. Been there, done that, never going back.

lonewolf and Caribou like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't mind snow its the freezing temperatures I don't like, we don't usually get those sorts of temperatures where I live which is why it takes most people by surprise when it does happen and common sense goes out the window.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    WTF is "Weather Ready Nation" anyway? o_O:confused: https://www.weather.gov/wrn/wrns

Being in the tropical region there is only rainy or rather wet all year round
    What we do need around here is tsunami early warning, meaning more tsunami buoys and data processing center to extrapolate all those numbers fast enough to send out warning to the public.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I thrive in the cold. Bring it on!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

NOAA and its National Weather Service fill the education void here in the US.

I learned about clouds in Boy Scouts. I learned about cold weather from father, uncles and friends' fathers returning from the Korean War.

Some Asian tropical areas also have extreme dry seasons following the Monsoons. There are competing demands for funds. Support systems for buoy alert systems are the typical first casualty when public funds get scarce. It's difficult to outrun a hurricane or tidal wave.

Regardless, even Ulan Bator, Mongolia has weather problems. Can't handle the real cold.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    All my ASIC miners machine also feel the same.

Alaskajohn and TMT Tactical like this.