Some Wuhan Hospital Construction Pictures

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Feb 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting pictures. Funny they had the building plans already developed and everything ready to go. Yes the Liberty ships were built in a week ---- AFTER --- the process was finalized. Just my funny way of looking at things.

3. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    It looks like a pretty standard shell type building.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Even A basic "Shell type" requires building plans. Plumbers have got to know where to run the pipes. Electricians need to know where to run and terminate their electrical runs. HVAC tech need to know where to mount the equipment and where to run their ducting. Door schedules and window requirements. Location and heavy equipment, concrete pads (foundation -- steel rebar) and a million other items are needed, Seems funny they had all this on hand, ready to go. Being communist, I can see they are able to bypass any zoning codes or property rights but too many other things are required to come together, that are not just sitting around waiting to role. Sh1T rolls down hill, so excavation is required and the connection to sewer lines have to be know and drawn out. Can a hospital be built in a week, YES, if the plans, material, labor and equipment is sitting there waiting to get started.

6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT,

Unless I'm missing something ......

Are not the pipes, wiring, ducting, already pre-fitted into the container unit for "plug-in" application to the next container in the series ?

The top set of containers will already have painted (and with lights) the helo pad markings.

Is not a modular type of emergency hospital also requiring, by definition, cache-ready earth moving equipment, the supplies like cement and the labor lists ?

I've participated in building remote shore disembarking facilities for shallow draft supply boats and also helped build airfields - a wide road with lighting - . Had always considered all this nowadays to be a variety of "modular". Pontoon bridges are not new but they still work.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I bet the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers could whip out a hospital in no time as well. Especially in a foreign land during war.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

Yes, ACE has a strong record of building stuff under difficult conditions.

Our American problem is not skilled labor, premier organizations like ACE, SeaBees, or lack of access to financing.

It is government at all levels bloated and in decay.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

Yeah, red tape and what not can really hamper a project. But thankfully in an emergency situation, proclamations and declarations can be drafted up to help cut out the red tape and just get the job done.

Thankfully this President shares my philosophy in that red tape and bureaucrat nonsense is just that and if the time were needed you can bet it would get accomplished. Especially since the President has a very good business acumen and knows all about construction.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes the communist Chinese government will have the power to commandeer all the materials needed. But the material still has to be located, assembled (staged) and then placed into skilled hands. Even if all the modules are simply plug and play, there needs to be somebody with the blue prints to stage and then set the modules. The support foundation needs to be a certain size and thickness. It must have all the sewer connections properly located in the pad, before it hardens. Too many items come into conflict during a construction project. How long did it take for the concrete pad to cure? Even 'Plug and Play" Lego kits need to be aligned, set and then anchored. Cranes move at a slow pace. Riggers need time to attach the hoist ropes, then lift and swing the pods into place (exact placement) and then they have to be anchored down. There is a point of diminished return in the number of technicians you can have working on the site , at any given time. I think the Chinese have known they had a big problem for a while and have been collecting the needed designs, material and personnel.

11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This is just a recent news update:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020...toll-rises-to-425-total-cases-climb-to-20438/

Interesting info out of Hong Kong in this article: "Hong Kong shut almost all of its land and sea border crossings with the mainland at midnight after medical workers began a strike demanding the border be closed completely. More than 2,000 hospital workers went on strike Monday, and their union has threatened a bigger walkout Tuesday."

Seems hospital workers are "just saying, No!" in Hong Kong.

article goes on: "Other countries are continuing evacuations and restricting the entry of Chinese or people who have recently traveled in the country. A plane carrying Malaysians from Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province where the illness has been concentrated, arrived in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday morning, and the 133 people on board were to be screened and quarantined for 14 days, the maximum incubation period for the virus."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    China's a big country though, with lots of cities and lots of hospitals.
    I'm betting they simply duplicated one of an appropriate size.
    They didn't have to start with just an idea.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuh...-huoshenshan-hospital-started-on-january-23-1

They've done this before:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Snyper, I am not familiar with China but why would they have these Lego Block hospitals just sitting around, waiting to be moved and assembled? The plans / blue prints could be pre-drawn but it would not show the location of sewer connection in the new assembly location or the electrical tie-in points to the city grid. How about road access for emergency vehicles? Lots of important points that will be particular to the selected site.

14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT,

As part of municipal government planning in China - about the same in the US adjusted for the differences in government type - are requirements for:

staging areas for emergencies
    expansion plans for population increases
    anticipated locations for temporary field hospitals.

Well prior to public announcements the field engineers are preparing the ground for a temporary emergency hospital. Roads are connected to the new hospital, eg the hospital morgue has a direct doorway to road connection for fast access.

Cement pods are like road planning. If it takes 2 weeks for the cement to cure ... the US Hoover Dam had a "speed-up" for the cement to dry faster than usual ... the cement trucks were busy 2 weeks prior to the public announcements. More than 1 pod could be built if the senior planners believed it worth the redundancy.

A major strong feature of China's command economy is that professional and technical labor is highly organized and responsive.

China copied much from the US experience. The construction of the Panama Canal eclipses anything recently built in China.

America's labor force has been contaminated. You know the reasons and why I write cloudy.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Gorges_Dam

And in Hubei Provence no less.

I don't buy into or invest into conspiracy theories. Your return isn't profitable. Even though China is on my shit list for all intents and purposes from intellectual property theft, to cyber hacking BS, the rich and politicians there are human too and wouldn't want o be infected by a virus. Even if they have the money to "protect" themselves, why would you do it? Kinda like Putin in Russia saying one day, "sure, I'll toss all my money away and cozy lifestyle and release a virus into my community for population control or what ever." That just doesn't make sense.

Now do bio weapons exist? Yes. But the whole conspiracy thing is nonsensical in my opinion given the fact the the CDC (an American agency) believes the vector for this novel coronavirius was from a live food market in ho Lee f^@%^ Wuhan.

Remember, China was the vector to the black plague in the 1300s. They were responsible for SARS, bird flu and now this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

Looks like SARS is a form of, you guessed it, coronavirus.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

The US construction of the Panama Canal incorporated public health measures. Major Walter Reed, MD, of Yellow Fever research fame, got the US onto the economic prosperity route. Wherever the US went, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Philippines, Guam, the areas were clean and healthy areas, relatively speaking. Singapore was still a disease infested settlement. Recall the term "New York Painless" re dentistry. This painless dentistry was loved by all the banana republic dictators and copied elsewhere.

The Three Gorges dams occurred much later and had the benefit of the US experience.

Any intellectual property theft, besides China, also involves Japan, Germany, ..... It's as common as local church treasury embezzlements.

Anything CDC says about the Wuhan corona virus is specifically approved by the US political establishment.

The significance - and brilliance - of the current Chinese model for large scale "skunk works" projects, is that they learn from and copy the best previous models.

They do not use the European or South American models.

They use the American model.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    All are making my original point. The Chinese government knew they had a major problem, long before it was announced, hence, all the items needed for a emergency response. Lego pods built and centrally staged, locations selected, Construction blueprints developed. Man power selected and alerted. All the things needed to be done BEFORE anything can be assembled. China knew for a long time, months, that they had a serious problem. The 10 day emergency hospital did not just happen in that time period, it had to have been in the development phase for a much longer period. As an ex-project manager (in charge of multi-million dollar projects) I can guarantee the Chinese did not sit down on day 1 with pen and paper and then have an emergency hospital on day 10.

19. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT,

Without having any knowledge of a - specific - major problem, all Chinese cities ... and all US states ... have rudimentary plans and resources, in some form, for contingencies.

It's difficult to say China's Wuhan leadership or the national leadership knew about a pending zoonotic virus that would infect persons. They surely knew about the open markets selling wildlife in less than optimal sanitary conditions. It was a national problem.

All Chinese labor have secondary emergency response jobs. A midnight ice storm, by 1 AM, has people outside chipping away ice from the streets and sidewalks. A need for a 1,000 bed hospital, whether for a viral outbreak rapidly growing or for a war and resulting casualties, the plans and resources are allocated and ready.

The week long construction is a feat in itself and does demonstrate that the rudimentary plans and resources were tested and ready.

The US has a similar program. After the oil embargoes, the Strategic Petroleum Reserve was established and it worked; still does. It was the initial setup that was fatiguing. Filling the salt domes and pumping the stuff out is mere emergency work.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I never said they did.
    I said the plans would be drawn.

It's not a big deal to run the factories 24/7 to start fabricating the units while the initial site prep is being done.

That's a separate problem. The service entrance and exit points on the buildings remain the same. It's not hard to decide where to make connections in pre-fab buildings if they have been built before. Everything is built in straight lines with parallel sides. It's like putting a puzzle together but all the pieces are marked for you.

They obviously already had good access to the site they chose.
    They got all the equipment and workers in there at once.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    For me, here is the bottom line. The Chinese government knew they had a serious problem, long before they let the world know about it. Yes it is much faster to build if you already have the drawings, sites selected, the Lego Pods designed - built - stored and centrally located. Then it is just a transport and prep problem. I have to wonder how many really think the Chinese government had all this just sitting around for a "it Could Happen" situation. As for our government, I have not seen such superior planning or responses for our natural disasters. Heck, they could not even distribute safe Mobile homes after Katrina, much less build an emergency hospital in 10 days. I do hand it to the Chinese government to be able to bye pass all the political crap to start taking action. I also understand their need to minimize the situation, their economy is taking a beating and it is going to get a lot worse.

For those that really believe the Chinese government was able to suddenly decide to build an emergency hospital in 10 days, from scratch, I have some really beautiful ocean front property here in Arizona.

Rebecca likes this.
  22. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT,

BIG matters are usually not missed by US researchers, planners and the US political establishment. Bio-medical events at various stages are watched no less than various military mobilizations and financial markets.

Look up Dr He Jian Kui and CRISPR. His research was profound and it was watched. Believe he did some studies in North Carolina. The US has been watching Chinese bio research thoroughly. I've posted at MSF the CDC's Epidemic Intelligence Service small entry at the CDC site.

I am one of those believing the Chinese government was prepared for realistic contingencies. They can and do move assets and personnel throughout the country for responses.

The US Government does have some superior planning for natural disasters. The US is politically split now (think of the 1850s) and cannot exercise these plans. The US could position small homes/trailers to areas in need but could not for some disasters because of political reasons. The real estate industry doesn't want small homes on the market. Still, it could be done.

Yes, the Chinese economy is taking a big hit. This also affects the US economy, the EU's, Japan, the rest of Asia. Remember, a US linchpin company in China is Boeing China, Inc. If they have drastic problems that cannot be solved, the parent company in Chicago might be joining Flying Tiger Lines, Penn Central Railroad, ...

I've worked the emergency distribution of petroleum, it's refined products and refinery spares. Also worked the Tenn-Tom new waterway Ohio Valley to the Gulf. Both are marvels. The Cross Florida Barge Canal was a failure because of political reasons.

After Eisenhower, the country was seriously divided. We are all still tense because China is copying the US models since FDR and his successful industrial programs.

Our problem is not the Mullahs, China, Russia, the EU,......

Our problem is internal.

"against all enemies, both foreign and domestic"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

You got that right.

TMT Tactical likes this.