Someone following you in the forest

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Not me, but my classmates back in college, when we had to go deep into the mountains to reach the communities there and give them medical aid, well, they told this story that when they were 2 hours into the hike (it was just the two of them), they had this feeling that someone was behind them, following them wherever they went. For example, when they walked through rocky terrain, around 30 seconds after they left it, they would hear the same sounds that they heard when they were walking through. What would you guys have done in this situation?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I have experienced walking in the woods where the pathway is sometimes not visible. My husband had a long stick that he used to pave the grass where we are going. It was daytime and I felt excitement since it was my first time. Besides, I was with some others aside from my husband. But looking back and imagining that I would walk the forest by myself, it wouldn't matter if it's day or night, surely I would be somewhat paranoid. There are so many strange sounds in the woods - animals, birds, trees and leaves moving with the wind, even insects. I'm sure that imagination that someone is following me can happen. It is scary because aside from the natural creatures, I couldn't help to think about supernatural beings as well. What if there is a fairy in the forest? Or a dwarf that would block my way?

The best defense in a situation like that is to walk fast so you wouldn't have the luxury to imagine because you are making an effort to hurry. It is not good to be scared for it will ruin your disposition and make you susceptible to mistakes. But again, I would not dare go to the woods alone unless I am forced by circumstances like a calamitous disaster.

3. judyd1

judyd1 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't happen all that often, because most people don't walk alone in forests to begin with. It could happen, of course. But the odds are against it.

Having said that, I would still advise anyone traveling alone or even with another person, to always be aware of your surroundings. Be careful, and trust your instincts. If you think you are not safe for whatever reason, then by all means, do whatever it takes to make you safe, to put you in a safer position. It's better to feel foolish than to be sorry you weren't more careful.

4. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    You can't just keep walking because panic will have you make costly mistakes.

What you need to do if you suspect you are being followed is walk fast to get out of sight then double back, find a good hiding place and find out who is following you. From their bearing you can guess what their intentions are. Armed with this knowledge you can then plan out what your next move will be.

5. Kev Brown

Kev Brown Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    You can speed up for 30 mins or so. If you still hear the sounds and are sure you are being followed then you should work to shake them off. Doubling back is always a good option though not when you're on the return leg of a trip.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    dosent matter where it is, forest or town, try and lose them, go a different way or find somewhere to hide so they go past then go a different way.
    this is probably easier in a town where you can lose them in the crowd or in a store.

7. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I would suggest that you engage your defensive gear and mechanisms to the maximum to warn any potential intruders that you mean business if anything dares to cross your path. A gun would be useful here. A mobile phone is indispensable since you will attempt to shake off the stalker's confidence as they will think you are calling for reinforcements. A most potent weapon hands down is to let the stalker know that you are monitoring them also.

8. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I would not run right away because they would notice that and might sense my insecurity. I would not want them to know that I am scared so instead I would try to hide somewhere, observe a bit, then throw a couple sticks or rocks towards a different direction and see what happens. If they follow the noise then they might be trying to harm me. Probably the best thing is to follow your instincts and try to trick them so they think you are going somewhere else.