Spirituality

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by PedroP, Jul 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Do you believe in any form of spirituality, religion related or not? Do you, like me, believe we are in this world so we can learn lessons necessary to evolve to a better condition and higher place? When the going gets tough do you rely on some unseen force or you would rather depend on yourself only?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    no I don't, there is only one person we can depend on in this life and that is ourselves.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Pedro what is your definition of better condition or higher place? Unless your answer is self perseveration and reproduction it is not a really based on natural human instinct. All other ideas are based on morality and a belief system at the core, though many refuse to accept that their ideas of civility does not originate in themselves.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not believe in fictional invisible friends, never have. I believe in myself, my own capabilities. If you are in a jam, there is no point in putting your faith in something that does not exist & can not help you. You simply have to work it out yourself.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  5. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have deep faith in religion and spirituality. I have deep faith in the unseen power. In hard times I keep on looking towards the almighty. I don't ask for direct help, instead I ask for courage and guidance.
    As a spiritually motivated person, I meditate regularly. Meditation gives mes power to deal with every situation, meditation helps me recognize my inner power.

6. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I believe we are all in this world as passengers. My beliefs are a variant of Spiritism, even though I don't consider myself to follow a particular religion, only spiritual doctrines. Even though I agree that all religions are based on morality and social conventions, life has shown me so many things that I could not make another choice besides believing in a higher power. Whatever you'd like to call it. Still, i figured as true survivalists the members of this forum would be prone to not believe in such powers and that's fine. It was more of a curiosity of mine.

7. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I have just started meditating recently to deal with fears and insecurities. It's still early to say it has helped me but it certainly helps to calm me down. I had tried other types of meditations, I follow a set of spiritual practices and one of them includes talking to you spiritual guides. It is a meditation of sorts. All I can say is these practices have changed my life.

8. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Overall, I do not necessarily believe in the concept of a God or beings such as guardian angels which help you out when you're in a pinch. When it comes to surviving in the moment, the only thing that I believe in and depend on is myself.

However, I do have a spiritual side to myself. This spirituality stems from my belief in the healing energy of nature and the connection which we share with all things around us. Even if you look at it from a scientific perspective, it makes sense. If the big bang theory is correct, that would mean that at one point, everything which we see today was one. The stars, the dirt, the trees, and us. The idea of being separate from everything is just an illusion, and anyone who spends some time in nature among all that positive, living energy finds that it feels so much better than being surrounded by concrete walls.

9. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Precisely that. I was taught that the universe is a big network. Kinda like the internet if you will. Everything possesses energy and you can connect with that energy yourself.
    Also, energy can be manipulated. So the more "natural" an element is (The less he's been exposed to contact with others) the more energy it contains. This explains why it feels so good to be out in contact with nature. Some people don't enjoy it. I guess they still need to get in touch with the energy.

10. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I am not part of any religion, but I do believe in higher power. I don't consider myself as part of any religion because most religious would not approve of the things I believe in. I just plainly believe in a higher power, whether you call it God then it's God. The world is such a big and fascinating place, and I don't believe that I'm limited to the things I can see, I believe that there must be something more out there that we just can't explain for now.

11. ChrisEl

ChrisEl New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The only reason that I believe in life after death is that I've seen sh##, been a part of stuff. Plus, had a dream about a specific even and told others the details I'd been shown in that dream. A week later that event took place plus included the details that I had been shown in that dream. When I brought the newspaper article to my mom (event happened within one week), she almost fainted. In dreams, I've had the dead come to me and show me other stuff. Don't want to get into it.

I assume there is Deity because of the words of the Prophets (not been shown God, have never felt God's love). In one dream it was proven to me that the Prophets are the real deal. Can't share, so call me loony or a liar. Just don't get in my face about it, or I'll send you to one of the places I was shown. My heart is still hard. I fear God.

TMT Tactical likes this.