Splashdrone Is "the Future Of Fishing"

Discussion in 'Hunting / Fishing / Trapping' started by Pragmatist, Jul 13, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you think so? I know from my angling days that the slightest noise will send a fish scurrying for cover so the noise from a drone motor is liable to have them ALL heading for cover!!:rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

You know I was being facetious ! At least I hope so.

I, too, am aware of noise ... not scaring away the rainbow trout but attracting the share bears.

Besides the direct cost of the contraption, there's the support system. The support system is a program to prevent theft of the drone, the nice multitool and the real nice ice chest for the catch.

Even here at the Chesapeake Bay, wouldn't even consider using a pre-positioned fishing net. The dangers are not the fish but the humans who will exercise their share bears program.

President Thomas Jefferson had a better method - if I may use a slave-owner as an example. He had a fish pond on his plantation so his kitchen crew had a pre-existing source of fresh fish.

TEOTW isn't about a real rough camping trip getting worse because of the weather.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If the wind was blowing offshore I used to use a kite to pull my bait out far past where I could cast. I also used to know a guy that had a remote control powerboat to carry his bait out into the middle of the river. I guess that I am old school, those drones cost too much to lose in the water. My kites cost almost nothing and with a good offshore wind, you could drag a bait out a couple hundred yards or more. I like the use of a kayak for running out baits too. I liked doing this because you didn't have to use a big weight to hold out in the deep water as you did closer to the beach. I could also use longer lighter rods because I didn't have to cast a three-quarter pound chunk of lead.

TMT Tactical likes this.