"stay At Home Survival"

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Pragmatist, Apr 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.gazettes.com/news/healt...cle_615dbd74-79e5-11ea-ad22-fbda0c3d4d96.html

Good morning all,

Article tells of psychological toll when isolated at home.

Some suggestions to protect mental health provided.

Not familiar with "silver sneakers". Around here, boots at all times.

Am familiar with the mentioned Jane Fonda. H.J. Fonda of Hanoi is evil. Her presence, even reading her name, requires social distancing and psychological distancing.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    cant access article "due to legal reasons".
    i'm different to most in that staying home is my natural element, being with others feels unnatural to me, that's due to my upbringing and my chosen lifestyle.
    where most people find the situation unbearable to me its my natural element.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Understand the article access restriction.

Although I'm an extrovert and active in society, the isolation is a matter of routine for me. I've lived in isolated work camps and offshore drilling rigs where it can be learned to be adoptable to one's persona. My problem is the obligation to drive to a rural post office to retrieve mail and to dump garbage at the contractor operated county dump.

What is unbearable here - at least intellectually unbearable - is the restriction on becoming self-sustaining for personal health care.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    mail here is delivered to the door, only time I have to go to the post office to retrieve mail is if its a parcel and i'm out, which dosent happen that often and I cant remember the last time it did.
    I could prevent that by putting up a large box for parcels if I so wished.
    I understand in some places in US its illegal to collect rainwater?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I was able to pull-up the article, but I live in The States.

If you continue to not be able to access articles to be deemed "controversial" in your country, then let us all know. Who knows, the Left wants to censor the internet. I cannot Google information anymore without getting a face-full of collectivist propaganda (I've begun using DuckDuckGo; it seems to use less censorship; I never use Facebook or Twitter, besides most people have the I.Q. of a ferret) If we stop hearing from you at some point, we'll know that Big Brother Britain has gone boldly Bolshevik.

Seems Britain has always been about central power and keeping the peasants in their place. This is why back in the latter 1700s we colonists had to begin killing them.

Now, here in the states, we witness the rise of the peasant mentality. They want the president of the U.S. to be the king of the U.S. -- how third-world! The sheeple of America want "somebody to save them" because they no longer are willing to better their own selves and become as self-sufficient as possible. I don't know how much of this is pure laziness or simple genetic inferiority.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Morning Pragmatist:

Silver Sneakers is senior citizen group that allows the members free access to Health Clubs. My wife and I both have cards. Our son, who is disabled, has one as well, so I guess it isn't seniors only.

For me not much has changed. I work from home instead of the office, but I am still very much in touch with the real world, and other humans. I am isolated in name only. We Skype occasionally for work. My wife Skypes with our daughter, and new grandson. Through social media and telephone we keep in touch with friends as we always have.

I miss going to the range; both Golf and Shooting, but feel no ill mental affects from any on this. I think I am more of a loner anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan,

Appreciate info,

Thank you.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The only impact is my loss of range time. I now occupy my time at the reloading bench, vs. the range. I don't miss interaction with people, in person. No more shopping trips to brick and mortar stores. Home delivery or curb side pickup now.

Morgan101 likes this.