Staying Clean

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Xilkozuf, Jun 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    If you are in the wild for a long time, you might want to wash yourself sooner or later.
    What are your methods of keeping yourself clean while in the wilderness? What are the resources that nature offer us? Would just water be enough?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Well, you can always just bath or wash yourself in streams and rivers?

Some plants contain chemicals that can be used as a soap - you can wash hands with that. Also, change your clothes when you can and try to clean the dirty ones which is done by hand.

I don't think that it's hard to stay clean if you go into the wilderness prepared. That's why preppin is always the vital part.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we have a plant called SOAPwort over here, the first part will give you a clue to what its used for.
    that and bathing in the river worked well for me when I was living off grid.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have used river mud & creek sand. For my hands alone I have used sand & ashes from my camp fire. I also carry a bar of plain laundry soap which I use sparingly.
    Keith.
    spaMa8GiFEFVMjiMJLx7Z8q_yTdOurDP.jpeg
    Piece of soap & a piece of broken ivory hair comb.

5. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    In the wilderness, it is very easy to stay clean. There are plants that are suitable for making chewing sticks for teeth brushing, some plants are suitable for making sponges for bathing, then you bathe in any of the water bodies available, but you are likely to find at least a stream in a green forest.