Stocking up on Meds

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Deeishere, Jun 9, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I had read a book and the author described a scenario of vandals coming into the pharmacy taking all the medication. So it got me wondering should I stock up on medication. I take diuretics and that is easy since my doctor normally gives me a 90-day supply. I know with pain meds that is pretty easy since we mainly take over-the-counter. Are you stocking up on meds?

2. TJames13

TJames13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I just started thinking about this as I've had a rough year with my allergies and because of this my asthma. There are times when it is nearly impossible to breathe without the assistance of my rescue inhaler. I wonder what the shelf life of my inhaler is and could /should I build a stockpile of inhalers in case there comes a time when I can't pick one up at the local pharmacy anymore.

Deeishere likes this.
  3. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    In your bug out bag or bunker, there should be a supply of commonly used medication. But I think most importantly is that you should learn how to obtain and identify the natural remedies in the wild when those pharmaceutical supply runs out. There is a wealth of information on how find the natural source of most commonly used medication. You don't really have to wait for the end of times to use natural remedies. You might save a lot of money if you do switch back to what nature provides.

You can cut out big pharma entirely and make a conscious decision to buy or harvest food that has these ingredients in them from the get go. I think the human race in general has given they right to preserve one self in the hands of the people that just want to make money off of us.

z86-yJrbaDMBfTIXZsxkYnOLIHgzEjQr.jpeg

Kev Brown and Deeishere like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if you have a repeat prescription of stuff you take, then don't wait until you run out, get them even if you don't need them now, that way you can start to build up a stockpile, no stockpile will last forever but at least it will give you a breathing space whilst you look for alternatives.
    OTC medicines arent really a problem, you just go out and buy them and add to your stockpile.

5. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:

I would stock up on inhalers if I were you. Please do! If the pharmacy gives you a hard time, then let them know why. I mean it could be a major storm or anything that could hinder you from leaving your home. Look at the floods in Texas. It's best to be safe than sorry. Your condition is life threatening.

6. Kev Brown

Kev Brown Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    This is key, none of us should really be relying on the pharmaceutical industry long-term anyway. All drugs have natural equivalents and when you eat a pure, natural diet and add in the correct herbs you can overcome almost all chronic conditions. Drugs only mask symptoms and do not heal. Work on healing now before TSHTF.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    all prescription drugs have side effects, they only cure the symptom not the underlying cause.
    natural medicines treat the whole body.
    get yourself a copy of a herbalism manual especially if you have an existing medical problem.
    pharmaceutical drugs wont exist post apocalypse, no new ones will be manufactured and the existing supplies will be trashed by the rioters, druggies and looters.

8. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Is this a book on natural antibiotics or just a picture. I would love to have a book on natural remedies. I do totally agree that big pharma does not care about our health, but how much money they can make pushing their products. I don't know have you heard about this famous doctor, James Jeffrey Bradstreet, who discovered a cure for autism and helped thousands. He was found dead and authorities claim it was suicide. A lot of people don't believe he killed himself because it just doesn't add up. I would not be surprised that pharmaceutical companies would stop others from finding cures.

9. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    http://mysurvivalforum.com/resources/medicinal-plant-book.8/

I posted this like a day ago. There are a bunch of PDF's out there that have some decent information, but this one I found the easiest to follow.

10. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Is this a book on natural antibiotics or just a picture. I would love to have a book on natural remedies. I do totally agree that big pharma does not care about our health, but how much money they can make pushing their products. I don't know have you heard about this famous doctor, James Jeffrey Bradstreet, who discovered a cure for autism and helped thousands. He was found dead and authorities claim it was suicide. A lot of people don't believe he killed himself because it just doesn't add up. I would not be surprised that pharmaceutical companies would stop others from finding cures.

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Stocking-up medicine is good but the point is what if even the pharmacy run out of stock too?. Learn your medicine's substitute in the form of herbal medicine. Perhaps, it might surprised you that its substitute is just right there in your kitchen.