Survival…th Big Picture

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by TexDanm, Jan 17, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Survival…Th big picture

This is at best an unpleasant topic but if we truly are about survival we may at some point have to make some ugly decisions. I don’t care how much in the way of guns and ammo or weapons that you have; if the government comes in force to take you down and kill you it is over for you. There is no hole far enough away or so seep that they can’t find you if you are alone in your resistance.

This sort of thing has happened over and over through out history. The Jews in Germany weren’t concerned when Hitler wanted to put the insane, crazy and mentally deficient down. They weren’t bothered when the Roma were targeted or the blacks. They early on were actually very supportive of the eugenics plan. When Hitler got to them that Catholic’s upper levels were fine with it as long as they weren’t bothered.

When the Clinton administration declared war on people in the gun business we all stood by and let them kill people all over America. Most heard about Waco, some know about Ruby Ridge but these were just the two that the liberal controlled media allowed to be known. The people in Waco were members of a rather odd religious group. I had though that we were allowed religious freedom when I was young and stupid. They supported themselves as totally legal and well regulated Class 3 firearms dealers. The government hd every right to go and check their books as they had regularly. Knock on the door and walk in. That is a right they have.

Instead they send armed terrorists into the second floor window into a mans little girls bed room and started the shooting. They KILLED them ALL. Finally using a damn tank to burn them out. We sat and watched and did NOTHING. Before that I had never know what it was like to be ashamed of being an American. Those people were innocent. It used to b told that in the US a person was assumed innocent until proven guilty. They were found guilty of innuendo tried by nobody and then men women and little children they were burned to death.

When they come to my door or your door who do you think will care or stand up for us. NOBODY because each one of us will only care when it happens to us.

We talk about the many ways that things could go bad. Many of you already live in places that have already been gutted and disarmed to the point that resistance will be almost impossible. We in the US are heading in that direction one state at a time.

At what point of this slow motion destruction of our right and ability to defend ourselves does a survivalist think about doing something. I read about people talking about hiding and burying guns but you have to understand when they come INTO your home and search it for guns that war is already lost. The constitution will have already been thrown out, probably via some form of martial law.

I suspect that the liberals and the conservative agree on one very important point. “We the people” don’t deserve to have any say in what they want to do and that ALL power needs to be in the hands of Washington politicians. The Republicans have a long history of their desire to dissolve the union and reform us into the Republic of America. THAT is why they were called Republicans originally and if you want to know what their game plan looks like look at the actions of the first President…Abraham Lincoln. Divide through diversity and then conquer one piece at a time.

We will soon see the cracks. Why is it that when the White majority in the US elected a black man president that it instead of laying the old problems to rest caused a period of unrest the likes of which we haven’t seen since the 60s or 70s. The Left-wing media made sure that any time anything happened they made it into a racial incident. When 5 cops arrested a black man who later died it was racial even though 3 of the 5 cops were black and the officer in charge was a female black Sargent.

The hatred in this country is being fanned from sparks into fire. Both sides are helping it along. If this bursts into a wildfire it is going to spread to a world wide. Look at the one shot that started WW1. Someone that didn’t really matter got shot and bingo the spark was struck and it caught the world on fire.

I’ve wandered as is my way. My point now in a nutshell. Here in the US should we hope to survive like mice hiding in the corn crib later or at least try to make a difference now. I’m not talking revolution. I am talking about speaking out and trying to make changes no matter how small to awaken people. Most people are neither left wing or right wing. There is very little meat in the wings. It is time for the body to start speaking out. Maybe survival means more than stocking up and preparing to run and hide.

I don’t know?????? All questions no answers…

2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Very good post TexDamn. We do need to stop just shaking out heads and start speaking out and start participating in more open air demonstrations. Hold rallies, spread the word. Challenge (not violent) the Liberals where ever you encounter them. Do not let any liberal off the hook when they start spouting there propaganda. When they issue statement demand proof. My step daughter (adament Liberal) made the statement about Trump lying and I demanded she name one. She made the mistake to say he did not donate his salary. Wrong answer. A quick search an she was eating crow. Do not let these false statements and false beliefs go unchallenged. To the young and dumb, not speaking means you agree with all the noise, they hear. We have to give the noise voice that is different from all they hear from the MSM..

Sonofliberty, Morgan101 and Keith H. like this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if we can change the direction of things but I do know that if we don't try we will not survive when they come for us...and maybe we won't deserve to... I'm tired of watching my country slowly going down the drain, led like sheep to the slaughter.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    If you are worried about your government maybe you should set up an alternative identity now while you can, something with a little history to it when the time comes, could be very handy!
    A guy I know who is more than a little paranoid has a whole different identity under a car cover in a friends backyard, or did as I have lost contact with him, he had a vehicle, papers, money, clothes etc ready to go even food and water.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    To try to change a government or even the will of the people is a huge challenge. One can silently protest through one's actions. Using the earlier example of Hitler's Germany and the Jews one can ask whether had the Jews protested against the "mentally deficient" at an early stage would a difference have been made? I suspect not as in "Mein Kampf" Hitler had already set out his plans for destruction of the Jews. What is, perhaps, most shocking is that it was in very widespread publication with very little disapproval of its content. Using this as an example I suspect it is fair to say that most folks will go with the consensus.

The current consensus within the industrialised world seems to be go with the flow on ever bigger corporations and to tolerate some of the more silly political goings on of our governments.

Silent protests can help - look into the backgrounds and trading practices of some of the larger corporations to see how they act. If you do not like what you find ensure that do not buy any products made by them or there associated companies and certainly be sure not to invest in them. But is that enough? I doubt it. I believe that by being a responsible consumer a personal statement can be made without antagonism, ie if we all stop buying a particular product that not only will hat product disappear but the company that makes it will be damaged. So, for example, if you do not like President Trump, don't stay in his hotels, play on his golf courses etc.

As for hatred and a divided country, as a UK citizen I have never known our country as divided as it is now, which I put mostly down to Brexit. Be nice and try and understand those around you, whatever their faiths or political views, they may just be nice back.....oh and prep for the worst, just in case ;)

lonewolf, TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  6. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    this topic title "survival ...the big picture " seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the way . I have noticed most of the posts with the most survival meat on the bones comes from our older members . They just grew up living every day life in an survival oriented environment " naturally some more than others " . When these survival minded people are gone a lot of knowledge will also be gone . Think about your grandparent and the knowledge that was lost when they past.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post Tex, unfortunately it mirrors what is happening here. Laws have been changed, now the police no longer require a warrant to enter one's property & make an arrest. Slowly piece by piece we have been losing our rights & freedoms.

The law may state innocent until proven guilty, but the attitude is just the opposite. We can no longer legally defend ourselves against physical attach other than with our bare hands. It is illegal for anyone to own & or carry anything specifically used for self defence. Even those that own guns for other reasons are not legally allowed to use that gun to defend their family in an armed home invasion. The number of attacks, assaults, rapes, murders & armed home invasions have risen to one ever hour & a half in Australia, & the majority of people are doing nothing, saying nothing! They complain that everyone should have the right to be safe, but they will not sanction the right for people to be armed with even a non lethal means such as pepper spray.

We are now being ruled, not governed, this is a dictatorship government & the people have let it happen & will continue to let it happen.
    Keith.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sheeple demanding a toothless watch dog. Funny how the wolves become emboldened and the sheep just sit there bleating.

9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith no doubt has the same problems that I an most of the older people here have. Our kids have put down roots and aren't going to leave their lives behind. We aren't going to leave them. what is the point of a bunch of old people going out back and surviving the apocalypse? It's not like we can start all over and have some more kids! If I was young and had no kids I might indeed move to the Idaho or Washington State in the Cascade mountain region.

Believe it or not when I was in my 20s I seriously thought about moving to Australia. Boy that wouldn't have worked out well at ALL.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    I moved to Australia and it is just Awesome for me
    Only ever found trouble if I went looking for it!

Lots a immigrant bellyachers whining about most everything is about my only gripe!

Love it or leave it.

Got my first gun just a few weeks after getting here, killed and ate my first game a week later, been going good since
    Public health has set my bones when I broke them, cut out the cancer when needed and it only ever cost me parking fees.
    Centrelink gave me a hand when I was unemployed and job clubs got me employment.
    I live and go wherever I choose whenever I choose and am left in peace.
    The air is clean, the water is clean mostly
    Its paradise to me, not perfect but close to it

Now if we could deport the few crims there are back to the shitholes they came from it would be even better:D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I understand. Home is where you are comfortable and where your heart is. As it turns out there are WAY to many critters in Australia that that want to debate my place on the food chain. Here in Texas the snakes give you warning and the gators are actually nice critters. Our sharks are even pretty friendly! I have swam with them my entire life with no problems and no fear.

Australia has big mean bada$$ snakes, crocs that are NOT good neighbors, little octopuses that can kill you if the sharks don't get you first. Even your ants are bad. And THEN they don't want me to carry a damn GUN!!?? LOL, I'm a Texan not an Aussie croc and snake hunter. More power to you Brother...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Can anyone say it better?

c72e64ff434ff1756246cae1a0c723de.jpeg

People have completely forgotten what Liberty is. Another quote most of us are probably guilty of: The only thing necessary for Evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

We have allowed our schools to be poisoned with doctrine none of us believe. We have allowed corrupt politicians to pass laws that strip us of our liberty. We have allowed corrupt politicians to stay in office when they should be in jail. Mostly because we have done nothing. I will be the first to admit; guilty as charged. I have never worked on a political campaign be it for a candidate I supported or for legislation I supported. I vote, and I believe I am well informed, but I have never worked in the political arena for anything I believed in.

If it is going to change we need to change it; one individual at a time; one day at a time.

13. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Cache them if you want future generations to have access to them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Even with access, with they have the WILL to fight? Is this really a problem we want to hand to our kids and grandkids? No one person can stand by himself, he or she will be demonized as a terrorist pedophile, racist homophobe. OTOH, even a few thousand of us working together could make our voices heard. Conservatives never seem to speak up or organize large demonstrations. If we are too busy paying taxes for all the takers, to go to demonstrations, how will we ever find the time to fight?
    The truth is, we could win without a shot. If every conservative just stayed home and quit spending money, quit paying taxes, quit working, it would not take long at all until the whole system collapsed.

Who is John Galt?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that older people like me were raised and lived through a world that people born after the 80s just weren't exposed to. The males never had to wonder if they were going to be forced to go to fight a police action for people in another country that wouldn't fight for their freedom. We are still getting into those stupid wars that we refuse to ever really win but at least now it is only a voluntary service.

They never had to wonder WHEN the bombs would start to fall on them. They have just been allowed to have long childhoods with few outside the US fears that were a serious or likely. Even the Chubby little guy in north Korea is mostly just mouth and not at this time a serious threat and likely never will be.

I am glad that my Kids never had to go to war. In the end though I think that the old saying that " No good deed goes unpunished" maybe true in a cultural sense. Our kids never had to face strife and their kids can't even imagine it. Those running things now try to make every kid live in an untouched unstressed totally safe world. When it finally bites them in the butt they won't have a hint of a clue what to do. If the fall waits until we and our children are all gone they will fall all the way to the bottom...maybe into the bottomless pit of extinction.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  16. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    That is my concern. They don't understand what they will be losing. Many don't understand the Constitution at all. They don't realize the freedoms we have already lost. My son got an early education reinforced by the loss of his gun rights recently. I had already bought him a semi-auto 20 gauge as his first gun. Then Scott decided only persons 21 and above can own guns in Florida. I wanted to fight it, but I don't have "standing". Total BS man.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. slackercruster

slackercruster Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    OP, a possibility if and when the dems take perpetual control of D.C. and try to disarm America. It will either be fight or give up your guns. NRA's time for buying politicians is about over. They wont be able to buy enuf to make a difference. NRA had better change it name to The National Militia and Rifle Association.

As the robots take the jobs and the borders are taken down and people flood into America...the writing is on the wall...

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    a lot of different scenarios could happen any moment to trigger an apocalyptic , but one thing in the USA is the growing number of idiots that are voting for communism thinking they will get a free government handout . This guise is trying to hide as democrats . Nearly half the US population voted for communism in 2016 . If this trend continues it will for certain leave the US economy in collapse . Like Venezuela the people will be starving in the US . A communist take over and government collapse would probably take a number of years to reach its climax but the end result of a communist take over is almost certain to be apocalyptic .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree Morgan, that is exactly what has happened & is still happening over here.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Wooden boxes and crates were stacked everywhere on concrete blocks, up off the floor, stenciled with legends like, RIFLE, CAL. 30 M1, 9MM PARA., M193 BALL, 7.62 x 39MM, and 5.56MM. He pushed between them and crawled to the wall where he found cardboard boxes wrapped with plastic sheeting.

They were imprinted with strange names like CCI, OLIN, WW748, BULLSEYE, RL 550B.

He did not know what the crates and boxes contained, and was afraid to break the seals, but near the center of the room he found a plastic wrapped carton labeled, OPEN THIS FIRST.

With his penknife, he slit the heavy plastic wrapping.

https://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/caching-is-a-priority-sundown-at-coffin-rock-part-1.6116/

TMT Tactical likes this.