Survival: After It Happened, Anybody Read It?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Koala, May 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys,

I've got a book called Survival: After it happened (first part) for my birthday a while ago and I finally had enough time to fully read it.

The author is Devin C. Ford and this book is the first part out of five. They are all survival themed.

I can give you a short summary without spoiling too much - it's set in the United Kingdom and there was an illness that killed the majority of the population. The main character is a guy called Dan (and a group of survivors) and we follow him through his efforts of gearing up and surviving after this catastrophe.

I loved the way the post-apocalyptic world was presented by the author and you could tell that he thought out all the possibilities and situations when he wrote the book. The characters are nicely developed and relatable.

I'm wondering if anybody else read this book or heard about it? Did you like it?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds like the old Survivor series that was on the BBC, that was based on a book of the same name written by Terry Nation he of Doctor Who fame.

CountryGuy and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Oh, only Survivor series I know is the reality one, haha. Is it exactly the same plot or?

Well, the author of the book is British himself. But he wrote five books - they're all sequels.

1. Survival
    2. Humanity
    3. Society
    4. Hope
    5. Sanctuary

I've ordered the second one earlier, hopefully, it's as good as the first.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Hmm never even heard of this series, read the descrip on it, sounds pretty good. Might have to add it to my reading list!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'll give them a look. They are free on Kindle Unlimited.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Looks like the series is up to 6 books and I see the author has some other series or a spin off maybe . The Leah Chronicles and then some zombie thing Toy Soldiers?

TMT Tactical likes this.