Survival Bracelet

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Destiny, May 29, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Does anyone else wear a survival bracelet? If you've never heard of them, they're a bracelet made from braided paracord and some have tools attached to them. I wear two, one has a handcuff key and whistle, while the other has a firestarter, fishing line and a small blade. You pull to unravel the paracord to get to the tools inside.

My husband has one with a wire saw inside of it.

Anyone else wear these?

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Not a bracelet but a rifle sling!

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have spools of rope 3/4 in hemp and 750 lb paracord i was gave the hemp and purchased the paracord when it was on sale i allso have spools of cable and chain i got when quality farm and fleet went and closed

4. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Curious item and pretty convenient for the size of a wrist. A survival bracelet comes in quite handy when trying to put together a simple shed. Unweave the paracord and use the inner strands to lash branches together, also you can also Unweave it to attach a hook and bait for fishing. That paracord really has tons of uses.

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I do not wear rings watch. Or anything i work around machines cars tractors and value my fingers and life to put myself in danger of being hurt killed

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I wear one but only because I like them, in an emergency situation they'd be too cumbersome to unravel much better to carry a length of paracord, or any cord, for that purpose.

7. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Ive never saw one so idk handcuff key be nice to have ive never been handcuffed but know i wouldnt like it unwrap behind back in cusffs be a trick

8. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    My husband actually handcuffed me to make me practice unraveling it while cuffed. The first time it took me almost an hour, probably didn't help that he was laughing at my struggles.

9. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I have never heard of that before. That sounds really cool and it sounds like it would come in handy a lot. I kind of want one now.

10. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    You can get them really cheap online or even make them yourself, if you know how to braid paracord. They range from $10 to $100 and are sold at all major internet retailers like Amazon, eBay, esty, etc...

There's also lots of video reviews on YouTube. They're pretty neat.

11. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I haven't heard about it, but it seems very interesting! Can you obtain it in any convenience store? I've wanted one of those for a long time, but I wasn't too sure on where to purchase it or not, but now that I see it, it can be very useful!

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ebay is your best bet.

13. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for adding to my Amazon list Destiny. Ha, I already have a lock pick set on there after some perusing on these forums.
    In all these sound a pretty fantastic idea. Easy to keep on your person, hard to lose while you're hauling arse.

I like it.

14. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I never knew that something like that exists but after reading about it in here I would definitely like to get myself one because you never know what could happen....

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if you wear it long time it gets manky and isn't really useable in an emergency, your best bet is to carry a length of paracord ready to use, in an emergency you don't want to waste time unbraiding something.
    I wear it more as a recognition symbol, and because I like bracelets, not as a replacement for cord.

16. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Few feet of cord on wrist ok cost 3 bucks or so 50ft under 5. Better deal

17. MelissavdW27

MelissavdW27 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I have one, but I don't wear it now. I don't think mine has anything inside, though. I've never unbraided it to see, scared I won't be able to braid it again. Maybe I should look up some videos on YouTube to learn how. I've seen a lot of these bracelets with a watch, compass etc. on it. I'm definitely going to look up some more of them. Would like to have a couple of them with different tools. And practicing to unbraid them and braid them with hubby sounds like fun. Think I'm trying this soon! Thanks for this post @Destiny

18. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I would use this , it looks pretty cool. I saw one with a compass whistle and a fire starter from Sahara Sailor. This looks like a convenient way to have certain tools with you that you would need for survival. If someone was on naked and afraid and had there pick of one item they should pick
    this.

19. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    This is the first i have heard of these. They sound handy and allow your hands to be free to carry other supplies if needed.

20. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have seen them before but i don't own one. It might come in hand in a emergency situation but it's better to try it out before that so you know what to expect. The last thing you want is to put all your hope in a object just to find out in a emergency situation it doesn't work.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    they get pretty "manky" if you wear them for a long time and aren't practical in an emergency, better to carry a length of cord instead.