Survival, Manners, Honor And Being Polite Is There A Connection?

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by TexDanm, Sep 14, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Master Survivalist
      295/345

Blog Posts:
    Survival, Manners, Honor and being Polite is there a connection?

I have watched over the years as our American...Western culture has slowly degraded to the point that I honestly believe that a cultural collapse either caused by natural or man-made origins is about the only hope left. People are, in my opinion, degenerating and are heading towards things that will actually effect the ability of us to survive in the west.

NOW, WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH YOU AND SURVIVAL? One of the things that I see all over the place these days is that people are getting ruder and in general less civilized. Our kids now idolize people that think that Mother***** is an appropriate noun for use in almost every occasion. Keeping your word is a joke...contracts don't even count anymore. Honor is a forgotten concept and if mentioned is treated as if it is somehow racist. Even the simple things like please and thank you are to often now seen as signs of weakness.

The fact is that the concept of manners and honor were established by people over thousands of years for the purpose of allowing the most effective killer ever evolved to live together without killing each other. As those things have gone aside the beast that is called man returns to his true nature.

Now, what does this have to do with you individually. In the event of a TEOTWAWKI these now mostly useless old school concepts will again become very important. When there is no law of the land people will do as they wish. For many that is going to be a very ugly thing.

I notice online all the time how some people seem to think that being rude a$$e$ is acceptable and somehow tough. They get away with it because they can't be touched. Most of these people are probably mice in the real world but those that aren't only survive because they are protected by the cops. If you look back in time you will see that people like this didn't live long happy lives. There is a reason why Billy the Kids was called a kid. He didn't live long enough to hardly become Billy the Man much less Billy the old man.

In a place where your continued existance is totally based on whether or not somebody wants you dead it will pay to be nice and not screw with or over people. I have a neighbor down the road that it has already been discussed that he isn't going to last long if things get ugly. He is a mean spirited, trouble making old drunk and has a survival rating of ZERO if there are no laws to protect him.

If you scare people with an abrasive aggressive and rude manner you will have an accident. Saddly this is just the way people are. We talk like serial killers are something odd and rare but the fact is that this is just what is there just under the skin of our civilized layer of morals, manners and customs. A killer that kills our enemies is a hero and a killer that kills our friends is a monster. When you look at these people closely you often find that they are very similar in lots of ways.

After things go down the poop shoot there will be a short period where the totally lost will go crazy and get killed. These are the criminal elements and the people that will suddenly be unable to master their beast without the rigid rules of law and civilization in effect. Chaos will rule for a time but then there will be the scilence of the battle field after the battle is done. At this point you had better either remember your manners or learn some and do it quick. The Sheeple have been killed by the crazy and evil and then they have been mostly killed in turn. What is left are not going to be people that you want to piss off.

Some people will adapt easily and some have just never been taught how to act. What you have to understand though is that all the fancy weapons in the world will make no difference if you make too many people unhappy with you. That quiet little guy that has lived down the street. If you scare him he will shoot you in the head from ambush. If you attack someone then everyone around is going to look at you as a danger and someone is going to decide that you aren't needed.

What will replace law and order will be honor, manners and polite speech. When EVERY man you meet is a killer you had better be nice. Being quick draw Macgraw won't do you any good because they won't warn you or challenge you they will just kill you. If I see a rabid dog in my yard I don't go down and challenge him to personal combat. I grab a rifle and shoot him on SIGHT!

Those that think that it makes them look tough to be rude are just pitiful people that won't survive. Their only hope for any survival will be to either zip their lips and learn mannefs or go someplace far from ANY other people and try to stay hidden. It is like I've said over and over. The one sure way to win a fight is to NOT get in one. If you make people nervous, scared or angry and there isn't a cop around to protect you, YOU ARE A DEADMAN WALKING!

Old Geezer and Ystranc like this.
  2. Ystranc

Ystranc Expert Member
      150/173

Blog Posts:
    I absolutely agree with you on this Texdanm. More than that though, some more manners would make the world a nicer place.

3. TexDanm

295/345

Blog Posts:
    When you don't have cops to protect you then you need to try real hard not to insult, anger, scare or rip people off because the only thing between you and the grave may be their good will towards you. If you go around waving a guns around telling folks how bad you are, calling people names and ripping them off you are just a dead man walking because someone is going to treat you like a rabid skunk and put a bullet in you.

4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    "I have watched over the years as our American...Western culture has slowly degraded to the point that I honestly believe that a cultural collapse either caused by natural or man-made origins is about the only hope left. People are, in my opinion, degenerating and are heading towards things that will actually effect the ability of us to survive in the west."

Spot on.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I mostly ignore other people as I have nothing in common with them, people are mostly rude or ignorant- or both, eye to eye contact is now a thing of the past, humans have disgusting habits and I no longer wish to have any physical contact with anyone other than my immediate family.

6. TexDanm

295/345

Blog Posts:
    Lonewolf I suspect that is a regional thing. I look people in the face and smile every day and most return that courtesy. Texas is a strange place. While we are a friendly people we are also the type that you don't insult but once. Even in my old age I will bow up on you if you disrespect me. The younger folks are not as regular in this as the older but our kids mostly still say yes sir and yes ma'am and will look you in the eye. This is as true for black kiddos as it is for white kiddos. Hispanic kids don't but that is because in the hispanic culture a kid looking an adult in the eye is seen as disrespectful so they get a free ride on that.

What I see on the idiot box though tells me that this isn' true in other parts of the US and I have seen it myself on the West Coast. It also isn't so true in Houston. The people that live in the ant piles are just different. If you look at a map of the places that voted for liberal crooked Clinton in the last election and the places that voted for conservative if a little crazy Trump you will see that the split is not north south or east west or any really regional thing is is the huge big city people voting liberal and pretty much everyone else voting conservative and this is as true in Texas and California as anywhere. The urban people want MORE government goodies and the more rural people want the government to leave them alone.

I suspect that the rude and less than honorable people also tend to clump up in the bigger cities where there is more and bigger government.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I was referring people in general, ie the human race at large, I speak and say good morning to people I meet in my location, in the local shop etc, most are friendly enough.