Survival Movies. Have You Seen The Hunger Games?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Keith H., Nov 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:

Basically the story of a repressed people, the peasants. The peasants are allowed to exist because they supply a work force to keep the elite in luxury, & through the hunger games they provide a barbaric entertainment. Then comes the revolution! Futuristic & in my opinion well worth viewing.
    Keith.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  2. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Great movie series that I thouroughly enjoyed.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Wow! Such a nice and touching trailer. I just added it to my catalogue of movies. I would be seeing this movie soon.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Yes. I've watched all the movies (at the theaters). Besides, I have all the blu-rays and all the books. I'm totally addicted to this saga. I've already lost count of how many times I've watched all the movies and how many times I've read all the books.

I think the whole story is just incredible because it can be utopian and at the same time perfectly fit into the current society in which we live.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I have seen Hunger Games and Hunger Games Catching fire. I really enjoyed the series and plan on watching Mockingjay: Part 1 and Part 2. However, I want to wait a little longer, because once I see it I know that I'll get that closer I dreamed of, but it also means the end of the show. Hopefully, there might be more sequels for side stories or prequel specials for president Snow's past or something like that. Oh well, one can only dream right.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have watched them all twice, & I enjoyed them just as much the second time round. I have lost count of how many time I have watched the "Last Of The Mohicans" with Daniel-Day Lewis.
    Keith.

7. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I missed Mockingjay Part 1.

The books were better than the movies, but it was still nice to see all the scenes in your imagination brought to life on screen. :)

Wish I could shoot like Katniss with a bow and arrow, then I wouldn't worry about my survival in the wild so much? Haha.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Practice,practice, practice!
    Keith.

9. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I shall head out to buy my first bow and arrow this weekend :D

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    That is an excellent movie, Keith. I've seen it when it came out and I've also read all of the books. Big fan.

Since we're on the topic of survival movies, have you seen The Road? it's probably my top 3 survival type movies. It's so, so touching. It's about a father and son in a post-apocalyptic environment searching for the civilization. It made me cry so many times. Look at the trailer, you won't regret it!

Keith H. likes this.