Survival When There Is No Hope...

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by TexDanm, Aug 15, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Knowledge is for all.

Pharmaceutical supplies? rather a pill than a scientifically unproven lotion and potion.

2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Duke in Wales,

Information must be converted to knowledge. "All" cannot do this.

Some scientifically - PROVEN pills caused some problems. An example is Thalidomide.

duke in wales and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I always find it interesting that somebody thinks they can open a book or watch a video and become a skilled person in that field. Watching a video on how to forge metal is not going to make you a competent metal smith.

Morgan101 and Sonofliberty like this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL! No, but lots of burn scars will. LOL! Wouldn't trade a one. Learned from my grandpa. Good memories.

Dale

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    expecting technology to still function in a post SHTF world is a mugs game, in the past when civilisations collapsed the technology was so simple survivors could access the daily needs by their own physical labour, that is not possible for most of the modern population, we are so interconnected that the whole world would be affected if our civilisation collapsed.
    the only way any of us is going to survive is by going back to basics and starting again.
    (stop with the personal remarks please, what I and the wife will do is none of your business or anyone else's). my opinion of groups is well known, why do you think I am called LONEWOLF for crying out loud!

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  6. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    A 'lone wolf' certainly in the UK realistically has no hope of long term survival, common sense will tell you that, but if you believe you can do it then fine and good luck. I don't believe you can truly go back to basics on your own. Finding food in the UK is hard enough and can be very seasonal, you have to hunt and gather in the good times then store and preserve for the lean times.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's just your opinion. please take your negativity elsewhere.
    store and preserve is what our ancestors did, as someone who has actually lived off grid I know it can be done.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "starting from $1093.00":rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    No information = no knowledge, I'm no great believer in innatism, I go for the Tabula Rasa approach, you start as a blank slate and you learn from experience/information gained.

Proven medication works, Thalidomide is a cherry picked example of pharmaceutical failure although its still used today to help treat some cancers. Simple drugs like Aspirin, Paracetamol, and Ibuprofen would be considered 'wonder drugs' not that many decades ago, not forgetting antibiotics. Are there any clinically and peer reviewed home made antibotics that work even 10% as well and proven antibiotics?

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    and what is the basis for Aspirin? Willow Bark.
    there are many natural sources of anti biotics.
    an open mind will absorb more knowledge than a closed one.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    But they last over 100 years.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    but you wont!:D actually can anyone prove that or is that just sales patter??
    besides we'd need to take out a mortgage to buy them, i'm assuming we'd need quite a few.
    nope, i'll stick to my back to basics policy. its what i'm used to and what I know.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Duke in Wales,

You're missing basic and central themes.

It is not acceptable for a general population to learn from experience involving certain matters such as immunizations. During the experience timeline, they'd be infecting large numbers of people when in public settings. We just had the measles immunization refusals here a couple of months ago.

I'm not conceding my Thalidomide example. I am augmenting it with another example: Oxycontin. Actually, you are "cherry picking" by using ultra broad and vague expressions such as "proven medication works".

In the States, the term "peer reviewed" now means more grants for our additional research. If Humboldt went to the Pacific, our scientists can go to the Caribbean for their research. It really is going on.

TMT Tactical likes this.