Survivalist

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by BigZirp, Nov 15, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BigZirp

BigZirp Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    I am a big fan of the 2 survival shows "Survivor Man" and "Man vs. Wild". Les Stroud is great and I know Bear Gryls get a bad wrap ,but he still knows his stuff. Other than these 2 main stream survivalists, does anyone have any youtube personalities they enjoy? Please share. Does anyone on this forum have their own channel?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes, here is mine BZ, https://www.youtube.com/user/historicaltrekking/videos?view_as=subscriber
    Keith.

BigZirp likes this.
  3. BigZirp

BigZirp Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you BZ.
    1a280b2dc97151d9dfc32e8ed305f814.png
    Keith.

BigZirp likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am a follower of Ray Mears who is a woodsman more than a survivalist, Bear Grylls is no more than a showman or is that SHOWOFF? he is an accident waiting to happen and the last person I want near me in an emergency.
    others I like are The Bush Tucker Man and Lofty Wiseman.
    I've watched a few Dave Canterbury youtube videos but i'm not sure what to make of him yet.

BigZirp likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never been especially attracted to any of the survival reality shows. I think it is in part because I'm not interested in surviving in Africa or Indonesia because I'm not going there. I also am not big on movies and videos. I prefer reading my information rather than watching someone do it. Maybe that is because I'm older and gained most of my knowledge from that medium. I've taught myself a half a dozen trades from books and still turn to that if I want to know something. Tom Brown's books were great and gave me a different view of working WITH instead of fighting against nature in the way of survival.

BigZirp likes this.