Survived My Uncle's Beating

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by Clara1993, Jun 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Want to share this story with you, I'm not good at telling stories you'll excuse my story's quality .
    I used to be my uncle's favorite, He cared for me just Like My own fother would have done, I never lacked anything with him, I had his love as an uncle, care, And affection untill when He got married let me call this woman Helena( My ount);
    I kept living Together, I respected my ount just the same way I respected my uncle, But with time The woman Managed to turn my uncle against me, I could not recognize him anymore!! He become very seriouse, distant, And bitter with me, and most of all very controling ; visitors And other family members could notice that I was not happy, Home didn't feel like home and Then I started to think about leaving my home :-( But I loved my family and I was sure thay they would never approve of me living alone, so I used all technics, All I wanted was to leave before things get even worse, But still I kept my patince higher in hops that things might change and we become happy like we used to be :)
    one day My uncle wakes up with His serious look, And told me to pray, I told him, I prayed Then he said Go and pray again, I went back in my room And Closed it and started to cry and wondering why that was happening on me,....
    after an hour He came and knocked my door I opened with my heart beating little faster Did you Pray? And I said yes I prayed, Then he started beating me, He slapped me and while slaping me he was telling me " I'm tired of hearing your accusations, You are not praying If you can't pray then you'll have to leave my house, My house has rules if you can't follow them Then the door is open for you to leave; " ...
    After That I took my things and left home. without anything nor anyone but I left.
    I didn't want to repport him to the police, First because even After all that I'm still grateful for All the things he did for me, Plus I was too confused I didn't want any scandel.
    my question is did any one of you experience similor struggle please???

2. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    My father was alcoholic, distant, and emotionally absent.
    Mother was quite emotional, smothering, violent, and unpredictable.
    Probably she was psychotic.
    She too was alcoholic but hid that behind father's drinking.
    After I became an adult it took me decades and decades to recover from
    alcoholism and heal emotionally.
    I'm STILL in therapy uncovering the hidden causes of my emotional defects
    of character.
    My therapist thinks I'm mildly bi-polar. I'm o.k. with that.
    I might go on meds for the condition if my doc agrees it might be helpful
    Still I'm much better off than the poor souls that are all mucked up
    and clueless.
    I'm sober.
    I have one sibling, a sister, who is still all mucked up and clueless.
    Drinks badly also.
    Both of us have been successful in spite of the damage.
    I started college at 48, by age 53 earned 2 degrees.
    I am thinking of getting my masters.
    Why ?
    'Cause I wanna.
    My I.Q. range is between 125 and 130.
    140 and above is genius level.
    I'm not a genius.
    On many tests, a score of 100 is considered the average IQ.
    70 percent of all people score within plus or minus 15 points of the average score.
    I'm way above average.
    I'm 70 and think I'm still 17.
    My body knows better. :<(
    Dad never finished 3rd grade, mother didn't finish 9th.
    Neither was stupid, just ignorant.
    I'm not stupid nor ignorant.
    I can be arrogant.:D
    I'ts hard to be humble when one is so great.
    ( it's a JOKE! Don't get'cher shorts twisted. )

smith likes this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:

Sounds like the wife was jelous of the love he had for you and manipulate him into not liking you sorry to hear that

Jonathan Solomon and Clara1993 like this.
  4. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Oh, what sad stories you have here. I am one of the lucky children who didn't experience beatings even from our parents. But if in case I was in your place that a family member would abuse me by hitting me and inflicting physical pain, for sure I would leave home no matter if there is no place to go for refuge. I was born and raised in a nice family with joy in the center of life. Even in our home now, we forbid hurting people especially children. And I think leaving is the only way to free up myself from the confused situation of being harmed by a family member.

jeager and Clara1993 like this.
  5. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Hiiii Jeager,
    Honestly Every time I read a story from You I get inspired, I think We have something in common somehow, My mother is Alcoholic too :)

my uncle didn't finish high school either he was just lucky That's what I can say but still his ignorance pushed him and he can't think by himself, He is always got someone to influence his decisions !!
    anyway What really matters is that We're more than alive now after all those struggles, Right? :)

jeager likes this.
  6. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow! What a story! I haven't been beaten by an uncle but I can picture how bad it is. The most important thing is that you're alive and doing well. You're a survivor. Inspiring story!

Clara1993 likes this.
  7. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
  8. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    @Joshmoy you were lucky, You know it's strange how women can have some power, My uncle used to be my favorite and now I kinda hate him because the last memory I have is how he almost killed me :-( I don't think I can even holla at him if we ever meet, Fortunately since then we never met :)
    @ jeager hiii, And yeah like the saying " What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger " Now I'm stronger, We are stonger ; Cheers to survivors :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    jeager likes this.
  9. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Clara! It's surprising how some women have so much control over their husbands. Like I said earlier, I haven't been beaten by an uncle but I have had a similar experience.

Some years back, i was staying with my uncle and his family but my uncle's wife did not really like me, so she did everything possible to cause conflicts between my uncle and I. As that did not work, she started complaining about every single thing I did to my uncle, some of which were not 100% true. She told my uncle that I had to leave the house for peace to reign. My uncle had no choice than to send me packing.

Here I am today! Alive and well, hale and hearty! I survived!

Clara1993 likes this.
  10. Nia

Nia New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Wow, this is heartbreaking. I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Look on the bright side though, you're still alive and breathing and you came out of that situation much stronger than you were before. It sucks that people like your aunt and uncle exist, but I am happy that you made it through.

11. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    My father was an alcoholic, my mother was a psychotic alcoholic.
    I was an alcoholic.
    I don't drink and take daily measures in insure my sobriety.
    God, A.A., and sober place for sober people.
    Addiction sucks.
    I empathize with drug addicts but that's as far as that goes.
    My attitude is that when a person buys dope they are part of a felony.
    Just sayin'.
    That said I support any person in recovery no matter the substance
    or the back ground of the recovering person.
    Heck of a lot cheaper than prison.
    Sad the epidemic of heroin in Ohio. Probably a lot of places.
    Drug dealers should be shot.
    Harsh?
    Sure is and it won't happen.
    Ever see a baby born addicted to heroin?
    Awful.
    Sickening.
    No one dies from heroin withdrawal.
    1 in 4 will die from severe alcohol withdrawal.
    It's horrible.
    I've met people with "wet brain" syndrome.
    It isn't a "wet" brain but a permanently damaged brain from alcohol abuse.
    They often need nursing home care.

12. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Hallo Dea, Of cause You know as I said Above what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, When you experience something good or bad it is an add on knowledge right?? so I learnt lots of lessons while living with them, And mnow I can 't live with someone else I love and enjoy living alone and Thank God I'm able to pay my rent and bills :)

13. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    @Hey Jeager you are Right Brain damaged people weather it is due to Alcohol or any reasons should be taken care of but some people don't even realise that they have that problem, However that point of Drug dealers ... nop They should not be shot Harshly I think everyone deserve a second chance and expect the change even if it never happens We need to keep hopes and stay positive.

14. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Its unfortunate this happened to you. You should see it as a learning curve. It could be that your stay with him is over. Maybe it was time for you to start being responsible and start taking some tough decision for yourself.