Surviving a bee attack

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by remnant, Jun 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I remember when I was in primary school and I was attacked by a swarm of bees when I ventured near their abode. I raced earnestly and its only the divided attention of the bees as they encountered other pupils saved me. I wonder what precautions one should take to survive a bee attack. I suppose its not possible to move around with honey harvesting equipment since it is the one that offers maximum protection. Whats your take?

2. ZipMedia

ZipMedia New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Well, it's hard to not survive bee attacks unless you are allergic or you are covered in honey. In all actuality, the affects of bee stings on normal humans are very short lived, and it's very easy to avoid being stung; stay away from areas that are inhabited by bees. Don't poke their nests, don't walk close to them, etc.

Sometimes hornets and other stinging critters live underground, so be weary when you dig holes for any reason, as it could reveal earth-borne yellowjackets.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have also survived a bee attack, it was during my teenage years. Whenever I recall the incident, it gives me a shiver. I was in my farmhouse to spend summer vacation. I was walking on the dusty country road and suddenly, a swarm of bees attacked me. Some mischievous kids had thrown pebbles on the bee hive on the road side tree. When they say me, as if in a cue they attacked. I ran for my life. I was lucky in a sense that I got only few stings.

4. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    I would try to be very still. The movement will stir them up. Even if they light on me, I would try to be very still and let them pass by. Of course if the are stinging me already, this wouldn't work as well. But I still think that the more calm you are, the quicker they would go away. If you swat at them, you will make them mad.

5. Christavia

Christavia New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Bee stings make me shiver so I try to avoid areas where they are. However, when I was younger I got a few stings but my peers would put a button on the spot and apply pressure to take out the sting and then rub rosemary leaves on it. It usually prevented the swelling.

6. Patrick Gilbert

Patrick Gilbert New Member
      4/25

Blog Posts:
    I get attacked and stung all the time. I hate not really Bees because atleast they make Honey. It's Wasps I can't stand. They are every where at my house and all the do is sting me. They like to make there nests around my Basketball hoop so every time I play they come out and get angry.

7. Rere

Rere New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I have also survived a bee attack, it was during my teenage years. Whenever I recall the incident, it gives me a shiver. I was in my farmhouse to spend summer vacation. I was walking on the dusty country road and suddenly, a swarm of bees attacked me. Some mischievous kids had thrown pebbles on the bee hive on the road side tree. When they say me, as if in a cue they attacked. I ran for my life. I was lucky in a sense that I got only few stings.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    This is the story of my husband's younger brother named Abet. They just moved in to an isolated house in the suburbs where there were plenty of trees and vegetation. Abet was 5 years old at the time. He roamed the area for fruits. And he was not disappointed upon finding a low guava tree with lots of ripe guavas ready for picking. But lo and behold, there was a nest of wasp that attacked him. Welts of different shape and size covered Abet's face such that his mother taught he was an alien. Vinegar was used to deaden the pain. Abet literally bathed in vinegar. In 5 minutes time, he stopped crying for the welts started to subside although it lasted until night but the pain was completely gone after an hour.

9. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I remember the time I was in the 5th grade and I was curious about bees. One day when I came back from school I saw a small bee nest that was made underground of a large tree near the parking lot of my old apartment. I was truly fascinated watching them enter and leave their home. Also, I really loved watching them go out and acquire nectar for their nest. Life was an amazing time back then, until one day I did something very idiotic. For some reason, I felt like placing my foot on top of the entrance for about five seconds. The next thing I knew a lot of bees started attacking. The screams were truly loud that day that I couldn't utter a single word after five minutes. Now ever since that day, I decided to keep I've been wary of bee's and never try to infuriate them.