Surviving An Armed Robbery Incident

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by streettallest, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    While in the university I was walking towards an ATM post post on a Friday morning when armed robbers attacked the bank. I was some yards away from entering the premises when they started shooting sporadically and indiscriminately.
    I managed to escape the scene unhurt by crawlimg on my belly not minding my nice dress. Lol

Of course many people did not survive the situation as a lot of death were recorded.

How did you survive such incident in the past?

2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Crime Fears Rebound In U.S. After Lull During 2020 Lockdowns"

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/crime-fears-rebound-us-after-lull-during-2020-lockdowns

"Twenty-three percent of U.S. adults in the 2021 survey report having been the victim of a crime in the past year, and this group is significantly more likely than those who have not been victimized to report they worry about falling victim to each of the 13 crimes.

"The new survey also updates a Gallup question last asked in 2007, which explores how Americans try to protect themselves from becoming the victim of a crime. Of the seven methods, avoiding certain neighborhoods or areas was the top proactive step U.S. adults took in 2007, and it remains the top means of self-protection today, at 52%.

"Following distantly behind avoidance of dangerous areas, 37% of U.S. adults say they keep a dog for protection, 36% had a burglar alarm installed and 35% bought a gun for protection. Fewer, between 22% and 26%, say they carry mace or pepper spray, a gun, or a knife for self-defense.

"Changes in concern about crime over the past three years are likely due to several factors. The declines in worry seen in 2020 may have reflected an enhanced sense of security among Americans brought about by social distancing -- staying home more, avoiding public transportation and avoiding places with large crowds. The increases in worry this year may simply be the expected return to normal as social distancing behaviors have eased. But they could also reflect people's awareness from national crime statistics that violent crime was up last year. And while property crimes have continued to decline steadily, the news about violent crime may be influencing broader perceptions of the crime problem.

"In their efforts to avoid becoming a crime victim, U.S. adults primarily stay away from dangerous areas. However, they have increased their reliance on other steps, including arming themselves with guns, knives, or mace, installing burglar alarms, and getting a dog."

TMT Tactical likes this.