Surviving an Invasion

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    When it comes time for you to have to survive an invasion, there are basic things that you must do. No matter if it is an invasion by another country or an alien invasion you must remain calm and procure the basic necessities for survival. Food, water, shelter, and other necessities will be a must during this time. Obtaining weapons and other supplies such as medicine and luxury items like sweet cakes, cigarettes, and alcohol will also be important. You may not have had the chance to do this before hand. During any kind of invasion, one of the keys to remaining safe is to remain unnoticed. This means you have to be vigilant keeping an eye out for the invaders. By setting booby traps that notify you of people coming ahead of time you can help to prepare yourself an escape route and get away being undetected. By stocking up on as many supplies as you possibly can, you will avoid having to make numerous trips out into the open risking being exposed or caught.
    upload_2016-1-25_1-20-50.png
    During any type of invasion situation, it is not advisable to stay in one place for too long as the odds of you getting caught increase. By having the ability to be mobile and having what is known as a bug out plan in place, you can be better prepared to survive this situation. During an invasion no matter what the circumstances many people find shelter and safety by going underground. In cities, there are advanced systems of drainage tunnels and subway lines that will facilitate this while in mountainous regions there are caves and underground caverns that run for miles. Familiarizing yourself with either of these if you live in these areas is a great idea.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Why the sweet cakes, cigarettes, and alcohol? I see very little advantage to having these items. For trading? Possibly, but if I am on the move I can think of better items to be carrying. Underground is a total trap, city underground can easily be gassed. We have no idea what Alien species there are, so therefore we would not know how to react until we had more info.
    Sorry I did not mean to rain on your parade Aneye, & I have a rule, if you can't say something nice about a post, then don't say anything! But on this occasion I am interested in your recommendations & so am playing the devils advocate here. Booby traps can also be a sign that people are close-by. Certainly this site is all about being prepared, so we need to get equipped now, not wait for it all to go pear shaped.
    Regards, Keith.

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I am a grumpy old man and I don't presume to survive an invasion alien or otherwise!
    My only real aim will be to make the enemy die for there cause!
    The more I can send to there maker before I fail the better!
    I won't be trying to die so suicide in any form is out for me but
    to fight and run away so you can fight again sounds good!

I usually thrive in a target rich environment:D

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in a total invasion we're all probably going to die anyway, so take as many of the "bar stewards" with you as you can.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Invasions I really want to go underground, like deep underground. It may sound bad but in a cemetery.
    They wont think to look there, dead are buried and of no interest to them. Go underground. It would take so long to dig and build a shelter.
    I helped my grandad build one and it took all summer, but the good thing is you can use the old campershells of trucks.
    It is just a thought on the whole matter.
    Staying still yes is dangerous but so is moving around. Finding a spot that you know is safe is smart.

6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think that going underground within town or city limits is a safe option, grave yard or not. It is not likely that you will be able to stay underground indefinitely, & sooner or later you will have to risk coming out.
    If you go bush the ruling authorities are more unlikely to waste time & money looking for you if you keep your head down & do not attract any attention by blowing up train lines etc. Just my personal opinion.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]

7. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I would not do anything to draw attention, I would stay out of cities and towns. I live in a town with less than 100 people but at the same time I have seen "Red Dawn" getting invaded in a small town is likely because they could stay off the map and at the same time develop a strong base.
    There are so many factors. They survived in that movie by staying in the woods.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Tomorrow When The War Began" is another similar movie made in Australia.
    Keith.

9. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    With todays tech you just can't hide! not for long anyway!

I have a long heritage to uphold and I will do my best!

10. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    This is a movie I am going to have to look into. I love movies like these because no matter what they give you some good ideas and things to go off of.
    I know red dawn taught me a lot, taught me not to really trust anyone.
    Also we need to understand that invasion is something we look at because we are a lot of countries enemies. Something to always keep in mind.
    Friends are friends until they have someone they love then they could be a liability.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I know many americans and they are quite likable but the USA as a whole is evil!
    We here in Australia get swamped with Americanisms all day every day!
    It erodes our culture
    Everything American is great! The American way or the highway!
    A little of that stuff is ok but being bombarded all day everyday sucks and irritates me no end!

yep the USA has made many enemies all around the world, not because they are bad but because they are arrogant! they as in government not individuals!
    It is like there push for regeme changes around the world!
    Democracy is something one search's for and embraces! Not something forcibly delivered to you via the barrel of a gun, dropped from the sky or the application of sanctions!
    Yet the USA persists with this evil time and time again!

Rant off
    I feel better now:)

12. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Kind of like relgion, you cant force it down peoples throat.
    Let them make their own decision if they dont want to see it your way okay, let them be. Like seriously that is why we are targets because we have that mentality and then if you push something hard enough and make another country uncomfortable with your presence and dont get out they are going to come over here and draw our attention away from their land and back to our home land. Like this war on terrorism and being over in the middle East for as long as we have been that is why they are here, we are there. Well that is my opinion I could be wrong and blind but that is what I have though for a long time.

Keith H. likes this.
  13. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    A invasion in the usa will moe than likely be a un force here to disarm the people it may work if the people dont stand together as one the one thing we must do is vote wisely and get the goverment back to being for the people and not for big money groups unarmed people are easy to control as where armed people can stand up and say We HAVE HAD ENOUGH READ THE 2ND ADDMEMDMENT AND UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO

14. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    Invaders will probably move through an area killing everyone they can and taking prisoners if they want to. If you can find a good hiding place it's possible that after a week or two the soldiers, mercenaries or whoever it was will leave. You could after a week or two come out of hiding and either leave or find a safer place that will be your temporary residence.

Keith H. likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Britain hasn't been invaded since 1066 and I don't think it will be, but if it was I would go "bush" as Keith calls it, there are lots of places around here to go, its a small population base anyway, North Devon has less than 10% of the population of Devon as a whole and no large industrial sites, mostly farming , fishing and tourism.

Keith H. likes this.
  16. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    They sraet invadein our Area we will be tuff to find like vc and nva we have a plan

17. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Invasion go to the nastiest swamp you know stay low quiet and hid. No light no noise very basic gear to moce easy and fast

18. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    No country on earth has the capability to invade and occupy the USA as it is!
    It would need to be destroyed from afar first and then its remains invaded!

19. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree, I don't think England has anything that anyone wants. Australia on the other hand has a lot of land & resources, & for countries like China & Indonesia we have a lot to offer. Right now the whole world is ignoring the genocide, raping of women, killing of children & torture in West Papua by the Indonesian government. This is even worse because these Papuans helped our Australian diggers in WW2, & now we have deserted them in their time of need. The reason? GOLD! There are gold mines in West Papua. The English, Americans & the Australian government along with the UN are letting this happen. My point is, we have no allies, no friends.
    Keith.

20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    England dosent have much of a manufacturing base anymore, we have turned into a service and finance sector, most of this is based in the City of London, a square mile of office buildings and banks.
    I think a lot of the "call centres" if not in London are all up north.
    in the south west the principle occupations are in fishing and farming, but most are in tourism, anyone who has a job in an office or is a shop worker commutes to these in a larger town maybe 60-100 miles every day.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  21. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Very sad, Australia is going the same way. Farming & the fishing industry is under threat from our government & the mining companies in collusion. Government military contracts going overseas to countries that can not be trusted. They have a plan no doubt, one that will not favour the Australian people. Not sure if it will all go to hell in a hand cart in my time, but it will happen sooner or later.
    Keith.

22. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Most every countries fates are dependant on the fate of the USA !

Once the USA falls in a heap for whatever reason all the little bully boys and girls will come out to play
    Everyone with an issue will have a go !

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    fishing in Britain has been under threat for the last 40 years under the EU quota system, now we are getting out of that disasterous "club" maybe that will change.
    I don't thing we have ever been self sufficient in food, maybe in the middle ages but not since. we import about 40% of all our food, some from Europe but a lot from the other side of the world.

Keith H. likes this.
  24. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    But the English have always been tops when it comes to growing our own food. My parents had their own vegie garden, fruit production & chooks for eggs & meat way before WW2. Allotments were common & still are. Only the very wealthy or so called upper classes fail to grow their own food, preferring instead their well manicured lawns & flower gardens. We never went short of food.
    Keith.

25. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Okay, Kids, old time soldier here. There are a number of options in any military confrontation. In any invasion scenario there will always be guerilla actions which will be supported by friendly outside governments. Any time Great Britain gets into a fight, the U.S. normally backs its plays. When G.B. danced with Argentina during the Falklands fight, G.B. airplanes needed refueling to get from their nation to hit airfields in the Falklands. Trouble was that G.B. didn't have the refueling airplanes that they needed. The U.S. very, very quietly slipped a couple of KC-135 tanker jets from Europeans bases to G.B. airfields at Gibraltar and painted them in U.K. national colors. If G.B. were to ever be invaded the U.S., Canada, Australia and other nations would be shipping help to support guerilla forces along with U.S. Army Special Forces troopers and Australian SAS troopers to assist as well.

For your own personal kit, you need to consider exactly what you plan to do to help defend your nation or area of operations. Having been in combat, I plan to do like I did in Viet Nam: move light, fast and do recon type missions to gather as much information as I can on any possible enemy bases, activities and so on. I will collect the information, write it down in my own kind of code that I can decipher and when I get to some place or person who can use my information I'll give it all to them. I will very carefully pick and choose my fights. I don't want to try to shoot everything that wears an enemy uniform because I probably won't have enough ammo. I will, however, want to take out key enemy leaders, vehicles and so on. Speed is not your goal, accuracy is. Get it right, strike and move out of the area long before the enemy can identify you, your force or where you went. Keep in mind that with the new electronic sight systems, you can be seen from 5 miles away, sighted in on and engaged before you know you're dead. Go to YouTube and listen to U.S. and Allied Forces helicopter pilots and they engage enemy guerilla soldiers planting IED explosive charges along the roads. There is one video where a reference of 5 miles is mentioned as they engage a number of the enemy soldiers with missiles of some sort. Keep in mind that the same thing could happen to you but from a different perspective if you are not careful.

26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    things have changed a lot in the last 40 years, a lot of what i'd call "old boys" still allotment, but its become very trendy and most allotment associations these days have "more chiefs than Indians", as for home gardens, 99% are kids play areas with the ubiquitous trampoline, most people don't grow their own food in the UK when they have supermarkets 24/7, in fact many people don't even know what their food looks like in its natural state.

Keith H. likes this.
  27. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The US were not so quick to back GB in WW2 until they got attacked themselves. Frankly I would not trust any other country to help in an invasion unless they too were under attack. It is politics. Right now West Papuans are being tortured & killed by Indonesia because there is gold there. No one is helping them!!! Not even Australia!!! Better to assume you are on your own.
    Keith.

28. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    What a great pitty, obviously things have changed a lot since I was last there.
    Keith.

29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    different generation Keith, my parents used to grow a lot of their own food as did my friends parents, I have had several allotments myself, but most people these days don't, I could count the number of people who garden here(on the edge of a small rural town) on the fingers of one hand.
    people just don't bother when they can go and buy it in a supermarket 24/7.

Keith H. likes this.
  30. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Prior to WW2 FDR (President Roosevelt) was doing everything that he could do legally, short of declaring war, to help out Great Britain any way that he could. Once the Japanese attacked our fleet and Pearl Harbor then all the bets were off and we openly allied ourselves with Great Britain for the rest of the war. We worked to help supply the British with old destroyers, our NRA did gun drives so that American civilians would give up their private guns to help arm the British Home Guard prior to us joining in the war. We shipped Britain fighter airplanes of all kinds. When some nation (Poland?) fell to Axis invasion forces, we shipped their Curtis P-40 Warhawks to Great Britain. So the USA and the UK have been in cahoots (Lend Lease Program, anybody?) a lot more than most average people understand or think. In fact, there was this ONE incident in Viet Nam where a British SAS officer ended up in charge of a beleaguered compound of American, British, Australian and South Vietnamese soldiers. Not many people know about that one. I've only seen one report about that incident but it read like a fascinating battle stand. It sort of reminded me of the movie "55 Days at Peking."