Surviving in a haunted forest

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by FuZyOn, Jul 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Now, I'm not a person that believes in ghosts and all that supernatural stuff but I wouldn't dare to camp even a single night in a haunted forest. I know the stories are just myths but my mind would be alert focusing on ghosts and aliens instead of actually surviving. A haunted forest would take away from my concentration and that can be fatal.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  2. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Yeah same... I would never be able to camp in a so-called haunted forest, it would ruin everything for me, even if it's all myths. I think being comfortable with your surroundings is necessary, specially if you're going to stay in the wild only by yourself. Why would someone put themselves in this terrible position? I can't picture the fun of it, being scared all night by every single noise you hear outside your tent. I know some people like adrenaline but... I don't know, it's not a kind of rush I can understand. Maybe this could be fun to do with friends but alone, sounds nothing but traumatizing.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Come on. Most stories of haunted forests and fabula critters are originated by the fantasy of folks from the ancient times, when the only source of light were bonfires or oil lamps and the world was still kind of unknown and frigthening. Any sound emitted
    by nocturnal animals probably was the main eerie fuel of people nightmares, or anything you could imagine lingering in the shadows. However, even nowadays despite of bright LED lights everywhere and greater knowledge, Internet brought back the old days by exploiting the human fear as ever before with creepy pastas, hoaxes, fake documentaries and crafty made up images running rampant and widespread across the network and it takes just a http address of distance. Did you remember slenderman? The holders? stories of haunted videotapes, DVD or videogames catridges?.

4. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I suddenly remembered the movie "Blairwitch Project" with this thread. I am also a bit skeptic when it comes to ghosts and stuff but I do feel uncomfortable in unfamiliar territories most of the time especially in forests or mountains. I used to always go to the mountainous parts of my country because of medical outreach programs and sometimes I do have the feeling of being creeped out sometimes especially if the place is really very far from any village. I just try to fight the scary feeling at night and in the morning I would usually wake up thankful and relieved that I was able to survive the night. :)

5. Nedbushcrafter

Nedbushcrafter Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    There's an old bush saying its not the dead ya gotta worry about ...its the living ive spent lots of time in so called haunted forests I can tell ya now its a load of old bunk I've yet to see a ghost and yet to feel on edge only nocturnal forest dwelling animals making noises at night nothing to be scared of only bears and wild boar avoid

Prairie Dog likes this.
  6. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I find this a crazy stupid question that only a really feeble mind could even be considering!
    Come on now some of these threads are getting silly!

jeager likes this.
  7. Nedbushcrafter

Nedbushcrafter Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Agreed

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in supernatural beings, like Ned says, its the living you gotta worry about!

9. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    The mind plays tricks on you a simple noise or a misshape patch of fog becomes something terrible you must overcome fear of unknow in order to survive if you cant you are in bad shape to survive. There is not a thing in the night that isnt there in the daylight

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i have never been afraid of the dark, that's for little kids.

11. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Honestly, if I could locate such a forest it would be my home. Many people would avoid the area due to superstition and I would gain a great deal of security. This would more than provide the "mental comfort" to offset any unease.
    Prairie Dog

Old Geezer likes this.
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My dreams are haunted forests.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I cant remember my dreams in the morning!:rolleyes:

14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    My dreams are a string of hellish nightmares.

lonewolf likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you've either got to "keep taking the tablets" or come off them!!:D I sleep like a baby, as soon as my head hits the pillow i'm asleep- or so the wife says!!

Old Geezer likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad for you man. I've no problems getting to sleep, but when asleep and what with the psycho-dreams I get fitful or worse. The wifer has said she's woken up with me staring at her like I was going to kill her. I can't remember waking up. I talk in my sleep. I hope I've rarely used other women's names. The wifer sez that I have. Ooops!!! The gun is on her side of the bed.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've never had any problems with dreams or talking in my sleep, I guess I've just got a clear conscience!!:D

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no such thing as a "haunted" forest.

19. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:

Well said. Waste of time, space, and electrons.

lonewolf likes this.
  20. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Dreams are only significant if the dreams repeat over and over.
    Then only a qualified shrink can begin to "interpret" a possible meaning.
    Read works by Carl Jung.
    Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst who founded analytical psychology.
    I doubt anyone here is qualified to "interpret" someones dreams.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've never believed in ghosts and ghoulies, and I sleep very well thank you for asking!!:D

22. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Believing in ghosts and ghoulies is for snowflakes.
    I doubt there are any snowflakes here.