surviving two car wrecks

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by BeautifullyBree, Jun 9, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Has anyone else survived a bad car wreck? When I was 16 years old I had a wreck that changed my life. I was on my way home from work and a car pulled out in front of me. I tried to stop, but it drove over the top of the ladies car. My truck was totaled as was her car. She received a ticked for failure to yield. She said,"I was in a hurry". I suffered a back injury that I will live with the rest of my life. When I was 18 I totaled my truck a second time. It was night and a cow came into the road. It was devastating, but we both survived.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I had a bad motorcycle accident back in the 60s, car drove out of a side turning and crashed into me damaging my left knee, which is why I now walk with a limp.
    have had a couple of car accidents when I started driving but they were minor "shunts" and nothing since the mid 70s.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    When young and stupid i destroyed 14 cars in bad crashes and tours in nam 67-75 god had plans for me because im still here old slow and much more careful and if i go to get stupid the mrs beats me with her walking stick. I love my mrs

lonewolf likes this.
  4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Three car wrecks two bike wrecks!
    6 million km and counting!
    Doing the right thing saved me three times and sheer luck the other time!

Golden rule on impending crash, Brake progressively and straight
    Hitting the brakes hard just gets you a loud squealing slide! hit them light until weight is transferred to front then harder and harder, quickest stop possible!
    Better to crash head on and on your wheels!
    Vehicles are crash tested head on and rubber side down
    If you are aware enough and will head on a similar sized vehicle release brake just before impact!, vehicle dips under brakes but you do not want to dive under other vehicle
    so release brakes and maybe ride over other vehicle!

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Almost got run over by a speeding motorcycle on my way to school one day. Almost, as in, the motorcycle was inches from my body, and I could feel that time had stopped for a second when it happened. I still think I got lucky with that one. The motorcycle was speeding on a busy highway, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here today if the bike had made impact with my body. That would be a pretty fatal encounter, if you ask me. I'm still shaken up about it, and it happened nearly 15 years ago.

6. BeautifullyBree

43/47

Blog Posts:
    Im glad you survived, and are surviving that injury. It feels nice to know their are others who were injured yet press forward. My dad has a bad knee I know how hard that can be.

7. BeautifullyBree

43/47

Blog Posts:
    My brother also wrecked his motorcycle. He was young. In our state you can start on motorcycle younger than you can a car. The wind had knocked him over with the bike on top of him. Luckily the people behind him were EMT. He didn't remember his age though. We always thought it to be funny(after we knew he was safe).

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    oh I've never wrecked a motorcycle, the car drove into ME-my left knee to be precise, it went straight through his headlight-didn't feel a thing, motorcycle wasn't even touched.
    he came out of a side turning, I was following a milk delivery truck which turned left, I carried straight on and the car driver didn't see me.

BeautifullyBree likes this.
  9. BeautifullyBree

43/47

Blog Posts:
    That is the worst. My wreck was caused by another as well. It seems the way of the world that those at fault go unpunished. Those who are innocent carry around the burden of pain for life.

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    riding a motorcycle should be made compulsory before anyone is allowed to drive a car, if it was people would be more aware .

11. Damorale

Damorale Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I have only been in one. We had to stop at a traffic light and the car behind us obviously didn't get the memo and slammed into the back of us. Nobody got hurt but our car was pretty beaten up, and the guy who drove into us was devastated as he was in a work vehicle and knew he would get into a lot of trouble. My young brother was in the backseat and it was a small hatchback car so it's really fortunate that he wasn't injured. We were all a bit shaken up but otherwise okay.

I know of someone who was in a car with three friends on the way home from a funeral when they got into an accident. Three of them died and she was the only survivor. I can't imagine how that must feel.

12. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I am sorry to hear about your experience on the road. I have only experienced a minor accident, but I do know a few people that have gone through a terrible accident and survived. A friend of mine had someone t-bone his mother's car as a child. The accident resulted in him slicing open his wrist on a broken window. He was rushed to an ambulance, where they told his mother that if he would have bled out for even a few more minutes, it could have resulted in death. He is easily one of the safest drivers I know. I think that having an experience like this can really effect the way you choose to live your life. It can definitely effect they choices you make on the road. It hurts my heart to see people carelessly driving. I think we forget that there are other lives on the road, aside from ours.

13. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Thanks to God's grace through uncanny intuition, I have maneouvred many dangerous roads without any serious accident or incident. I simply use maximum concentration to assess the probability of being run over. I always walk and think in survival mode and try my best not to tense which is why most people cause accidents. The best thing to do in such situations is not to panic for having the will and belief that you'll survive it out.

14. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    It is so nice to know that I am not the only one who has been affected by a car accident. I am so glad you all survived it and things did not turn out worse.
    I had two car accidents as a kid. During the first one I was 4 years old and sitting in the backseat. My great-grandmother was in the passenger seat, while her friend was driving. We were driving up the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, close to Denver. I wasn't buckled up. We took a curve and this car that had a camping wagon on the back hit us. The driver was 19, drunk and had his wife and baby in the camping wagon. The driver of that car that hit us was dead right away. My great-grandmother died a couple days after that accident because she broke so many bones and she had to carry this thing to hold her neck straight. I remember a lot of pieces of the accident but not everything. If I would write everything now it would make me cry. I got away with a big scar on my chin and a huge long scar on my right leg. It could have ended worse because I was knocked out badly and the doctors were not sure if I will make it also psychologically speaking.
    My second car accident was when I was 8 years old. I just started rollerskating and I fell so hard on a driveway that I could not get up. At that very moment a car came close and just run over my knee just like that. The car had really loud music and when I screamed nobody heard me. The car drove off really fast and fled the scene. My little sister who was 5 at the time was screaming: "Sara is dying, Sara is dying!" I was brought to the hospital and could not walk for 2 weeks. I had to use a wheelchair during this time. I had a lot of pain because of that.
    The main thing is I survived it and I am very thankful that I am still here. I also believe my perception of life and my awareness on the road or while driving is way more enhanced due to these two car accidents.