Sustainable Farming

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by cluckeyo, May 24, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    I really like the idea of running a sustainable farm. We have chickens, quail, fish, and deer for hunting. I would also like a milk cow. And I'd like to get back into the gardening. It's been a few years since we had a good one. It would not take that much to finish getting set up. The veges could be preserved in jars or dried and sealed with the food saver. If you had more milk than you need, it might be possible to sell it. I know a place nearby that sells their raw milk for $12.00 per gallon. It would be a wonderful thing to not have to rely on the stores to feed ourselves. And it might be necessary someday if everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. acheno84

acheno84 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I love the idea of a sustainable farm as well. I think it is very important to learn about the different methods of food preserving that way you can survive if everything goes south. Gardening will help you reduce the amount of money that you spend on food for your farm unless you are already using natural feed that is on your land. Gardening also helps reduce stress so not only does it have nutritional value, it has mental value as well :)

Keith H. likes this.