Sweden Encouraging Citizens To Become Preppers.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Keith H., May 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Was low budget, but well done. Thanks for posting.

3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Enjoyed the video . All countries should be encouraging their citizens to prep . Also would be low cost to the government and a high yield defense strategy .

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    TMT Tactical, Keith H. and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Very good video, Keith. Thank you for sharing. Do you know when this video was made? This has been an issue in Sweden for a few years. They are feeling very much threatened by Russia, and being an unaligned nation makes them an inviting target. I was not aware that they were not part of NATO.

It is certainly sound advice to tell the people to prepare. I hope they take it to heart. They also need to address their Military spending, and bring the armed forces back in line to where they should be.

A sidebar, but if I lived there it would be a huge concern. Sweden has a massive Muslim, refugee population. If they were faced with war, and invasion they could have as much trouble internally as they do with an invading force.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Swedish prep is in the right direction.

In the States, we have a much more difficult situation and social environment. The problem is that the US population has been "dumbed-down". "We" know that the Civil Defense pamphlets of the 1950s didn't work yet continue to publish "modern" versions.

An example from a pamphlet titled "Ready Virginia";
    "Get a kit
    Have supplies...Put these essentials in your kit: ...
    A working battery-operated radio..."

"Once you have these essentials, you should add:
    and at least a week's supply of medications..."

The US - it's not just Virginia - has too many grossly overpaid, unqualified public sector sinecures with 15 layers of grossly-overpaid "supervisors" approving a pub that says a radio gets priority over one's medications.

There are other examples of poor-quality planning instructions.

The results are in and I've witnessed the results. It's worst than you can imagine.

As an aside, I've heard that the Boy Scouts of America is being disestablished. I learned the basic stuff as a Boy Scout and now I'm asked to distribute and lecture on pamphlets with harmful information. Before you ask, I've sent in written commentary on above and other pamphlets. Meanwhile, anticipate worst-case scenarios.

All the best to the Swedish.

For here, brush up on writing obituaries and delivering eulogies.

As long as we Americans have the chardonnay and brie cheese crowd telling the public how to prepare, we'll be experiencing a declining standard of preparedness. ... and other declining standards. At one time it was the exact opposite.

6. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well Pragmatist. I think it is at this point in the proceedings where we say " Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

It is good to know, but I think you are confirming what most of us strongly suspect. No bureaucrat in Washington D.C. or anyplace else is going to know what is best for you and your family. In fact they have a vested interest to keep you dependent on whatever crumbs the Government decides to distribute. And heaven knows when they will show up. Is there any TRUE data on response times, and I am thinking more Federal than Local. Anything that we can believe? I certainly won't believe anything coming from the Federal Government.

Didn't we just talk about job related stress? What do you do when you know the information being distributed is bad? What do the Powers that be say when you question them? Still all boils down to take care of yourself. Nobody else will.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    M101,

The "problem" is that the problem is "holistic". Segments of a community-however defined - cannot successfully take care of themselves (and family +) if, for example, a fool 10 miles away from BOL makes a cooking fire and 2 hours later it's a forest fire. Medical facilities become supersaturated because the care is "free" and neglected worries turn into fears. So, the kids are now in line to get a shot that was neglected because of the picnic last month, etc, ... The fool evacuating TOWARD Key West, Florida, crashes and the road closed for every emergency vehicle.

Yes, there are statistics/charts on Federal Response times and they are good - for what the assignments are.

HAZMAT spills in waters have good success records (USCG, USACE, others). DOT has decent records for their programs. The Federal medical programs are also good - as per their provided resources - ... and this is the weak link coupled to a marginally-skilled work force.

We've got much work to do.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This video has only just been posted, 28th of May 2019, but is part of a Dateline series, this is episode 12. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/
    Keith.

9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    BREAKING! Sweden Issues ‘War Prepper Manual’ To Millions of Citizens.

Keith.

10. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    An "E" for effort.

Just glanced at the pamphlet. Can we meet and discuss specifics at Malmo, Sweden ? Is it still a no-go zone ?

Does the pamphlet have an addendum with foreign phrases in Russian ?

12. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting that they tell them to prepare with canned goods, water, blankets, and communication equipment. Nothing is said about weapons. If you are invaded and expected to participate in the defense shouldn't there be some mention of what to use; where to get them; how much should you have.

I guess the gal in the first video missed the reports about Russian jets invading Swedish air space, and a Russian submarine surfacing in Swedish waters. I think most, if not all of the country (except her) interpreted " rest of the world " as Russia.

13. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    Here in Canada they have gone from promoting 72 hours preoto a week. If the government says a week,expect months or longer

Keith H., Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't imagine the government here would do that, we would be hung out to dry. They have confiscated all semi-auto bunny rifles & shotguns, & pump actions, same in NZ, no way they would ever encourage citizens to arm themselves here!!!

I agree though, seems odd being Sweden. Perhaps they take it for granted that most people there are gun owners.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Nope. In Sweden, hunters must jump through dozens of hoops to obtain a permit to own a center-fire rifle. Firearms are only for sport. One cannot use a firearm in defense of their home and property -- you will be imprisoned if you do. Firearms must be locked in safes until used for hunting or for shooting competitions / practice.

As a darkly amusing note, Sweden is having problems with AK and hand-grenade attacks. Seems those they have invited into their culture are maintaining their own culture ... and arms supply routes (black markets count for a lot, don't'cha'know).

Note that the following news story contains the required collectivist spin of "immigration has nothing to do with this".

https://qz.com/886244/open-borders-...-are-being-blamed-for-a-crime-wave-in-sweden/

Another
    https://www.politico.eu/article/swe...ty-undoing-peaceful-self-image-law-and-order/

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Same as Australia then, well that explains that!

TMT Tactical likes this.