T V Show Alone

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by arctic bill, Jun 12, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I have been watching this tv show for a couple of years now, there are some very good survivalist on it.

Ten contestants are dropped off in remote areas of Northern Vancouver Island (seasons 1 and 2), Patagonia (season 3) and Northern Mongolia (season 5), far enough apart to ensure that they will not come in contact with one another.[5] Contestants each select 10 items of survival gear from a pre-approved list of 40, and are issued a kit of standard equipment, clothing and first aid/emergency supplies.[6] They are also given a set of cameras to document their daily experiences and emotions. Attempting to live in the wild for as long as possible, the contestants must find food, build shelters, and endure extreme isolation and psychological distress.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    got to admit I haven't seen this show yet.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to give it a try. I am not generally big on most of the Survivor shows. The only one that I watch pretty regularly is Naked and Afraid. It has been educational mostly in learning what NOT to do. I don't know how many "experts" they have had on the show that were supposed to be massively familiar with making fire with a bow drill that failed miserably when confronted with unknown woods and grasses. Some of these people teach it and work as a survival instructor.

The other thing that always bothers me is that these people spend too much effort trying to make the environment adapt to them instead of them making changes to better fit into the environment. Mud is nature's natural clothing and insect replacement. Don't let the bugs eat you alive and don't get sunburned. Mud works good for protecting our bare and thin skin. If the bugs try to eat you alive at night then stay up tending a smoking fire at night then sleep in the day.

Make shoes and a walking stick FIRST THING!! Being naked is no problem but unless you habitually go barefoot and have the scars and calluses that will give you then bare feet just are asking for trouble. If nothing else make wooden flip flops for when you are walking in thorns or sharp rocks.

The other thing that you see really fast is that survival is a mental activity at least as much as a physical activity. LOL, fat is your friend. People that have very little body fat suffer and start starving a lot faster than someone with a little extra around the middle. It is amazing to me that some of the people on that show would even consider doing it. If you are a vegetarian and a picky eater, scared of the dark and nearly all animals why in the world would you go on a show like that?

4. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    Try it you will like it , Bill