Taking Pictures - Photography

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Koala, Jun 27, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Photography is one of my biggest passions. I just love it - I love what it offers; the ability to capture moments in a single picture. I currently have Nikon D7200 which was an anniversary gift from my lovely partner. I take so, so many pictures. Even from home just by opening the window, I see the nature and I feel the urge to capture it.

However, I don't have any proper education in it. I just read books about it and watched videos that show how to use angles, lighting and more.

My favorite thing to photograph is birds. I often go to the woods or to the fields and just take shots of birds - we have one little crow that likes our property and comes hang around every single morning, haha. I even named him Andrew and he is my muse :)

Do we have any passionate photographers here? If so, what camera do you use and what do you love taking pictures of?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I like talking pictures but I only use my camera phone back in the 35mm days I had a nice one but not anymore.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes I love photography, I hunt more with a camera these days than a gun. I love the outdoors & the wildlife. Most of the pics I take are for my blogs, articles & videos. But occasionally I will see something that I just have to photograph for it's own sake. I use Cannon Legria HF G25 for video & stills, but I also use a Browning Trail Camera Model BTC-8FHD-PX for night & day images of wildlife & for security. When I was a writer for magazines I used to love using my SLR for black & white & colour photos. I have also developed my own prints in the past.

Keith.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Koala likes this.
  4. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Oh, this reminds me of when we also had one of these video recording cameras. We bought it years ago and always used it fo recording footage when we were on holidays with the family then suddenly completely stopped. You just reminded me of it so thank you :)

I have never used a Browning Trail Camera, is it good even purely for security purposes?

And nice, I never knew that you were a writer for different magazines, you really do seem to be very versatile! Do you have any proper education in photography or is it purely self-taught like mine?

@luispas drawing is also wonderful but I sadly can't draw really well. I'd say I am a mediocre drawer. I always love watching those artists that manage to draw crazy things in just a few minutes.

5. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi! I'm a sucker for photography. Photography is my life and I cannot do without taking a picture daily.

I am in to documentaries and I love Outdoor, nature and landscape photograph.

I shoot with my mobile phone and my Nikon 5200 DSLR.

6. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    There was a phase in my life where I liked to take photos so much that I thought I would pursue a photographer career, but it ended up being only a phase (by the way, a great one tobe honest... so many good memories :)).

I still really like taking pictures, but just as a hobby. :D