Teotwawki Prepper Shirt

Trying spread awareness of the importance of being prepared.

1. AFH

AFH Member
      11/29

Blog Posts:
  2. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, OPSEC prevents me from wearing anything that declares me to be a prepper. I don't even use my real name and you people are spread all over the world and unlikely to show up at my front door.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning AFH,

I saw your above post yesterday.

I'm in the Caribous camp. Gray Man doctrine governs.

My public preparedness is viewed by third parties as just maintaining a household. This is what I sought and like.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Nope, can't do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think that very many real preppers/survivalists are going to go for this. We are mostly a pretty private lot and don't openly advertise our preparations. The sad thing is that the Sheeple are not going to realize that there is a problem until the ax falls. Those that have a hint, instead of preparing seem to instead demand that the government take charge of it and do something about it. They are incapable of being self-sufficient or responsible for their own safety.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pass. Could also wear T-shirt == Follow me to my provisions --- free for the taking.

Skywalker, Rebecca and Dalewick like this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Never advertise.

The world is awash in trash genetics. Many wear uniforms. Look at the U.S. Congress; they vote for pretending money into existence via debt.

I.Q.-wise, it doesn't get any lower than that.

Never draw the attention of the genetic inferiors.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was once on a UK prepper forum, they started talking about having a shirt with the forum name on it, I made some remark about OPSEC and the next time I tried to log on I was banned-not the first time I hasten to add nor the last!!!:D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon all,

No one knows I am a prepper nor what facilities I have that are valuable for big emergencies and worse.

I do readily tell some I usually have 4 weeks of canned food here, 2 flashlights with extra batteries and a first aid kit.

Indirectly related to my prepping, I had a teaching program oriented to the FEMA "Ready Nation" material. Would give classes on medical records and how to manage them for evacuations, some supplies needed - and usually neglected - for rough hurricane situations.

Also had some classes for kids with one being about the background of Smokey Bear.

For this volunteer work, I had a cloth patch, a vinyl decal and a name vinyl tab for a Smokey Bear sticker. My program used a Washington, D.C. postal address only although it was no secret I lived here in this backwater area.

Two matters where this FEMA-focused community guidance helped me / my Prepper group;

1. One of the grandparents of a kid thrilled about my Smokey class, led the grandparent to ask me some questions and this developed over a couple of lunches. This is how my group now has a family member who was a recently retired dentist.

2. Did some volunteer work for someone re fraternity connections on the left coast to help get their small condo building on the right path for emergencies. My efforts - mostly talking, writing and sending printed matter - helped them get started. They liked idea of steam spewing from hallway ceiling sprinkler system. ... just in case non-resident has muddy boots, etc. My west coast colleague - brother in arms has an engineering company and did some contract work for them.

The condo president appreciated idea to have a load of expendable work gloves to dispose of broken glass. Ditch the gloves with the glass.

Keep a flat profile but don't neglect important matters.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm fairly open among my friends about prepping and survival. That said I don't talk to many people about it that I don't know really well.

On the subject of a "prepper" or survival shirt, I would like a shirt that was made out of something that was resistant to tearing and that might offer some level of protection from thorns or cuts. They make a kevlar shirt. I wonder how they are to wear? I have a camo hunting coverall that has reenforced patches on the front of the thighs that are brush busters. No matter what I don't want it to be something that would draw attention to me. Camo is fine but no messages on it. Where I live camo is common to wear year-round. Our convenience stores sell corn for deer feeders and fishing tackle and bait. Some of the grocery stores here sell ammo. In rural areas, I think that a lot of people are prepared but not preppers.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Concur; Many rural areas have those prepared - eg extra food, first aid supplies, tools, ... but are far from being called "Preppers". They wouldn't consider their small homestead to house a rolling stock dental trailer, a repair shop, comprehensive immunizations for the family, taking courses within the EMT, psychological health, dental hygiene, related, curriculums. Land navigation to rural , non-Prepper folks means driving on the familiar roads of the area.

My experience with garments distills down to being a matter of trade-offs. Tearing, thorn, cut protection can be accomplished by using clothing for forest / wild fuNomix brire fighters - "smoke jumpers". One trade-off is their garments are "high-viz" whereas many Preppers seek low visibility. These garments are relatively expensive.

OccuNomix brand makes "breathable" stuff. Other brands are Viking and Mustang.

I do not use Kevlar shirts because of my specific requirements. Again: trade-offs are occurring. My "concerns" over the years re ballistic protection would involved a commercial or industrial outdoor metal cabinet housing some electrical machinery - and the cabinet explodes. It's a shrapnel danger and without a helmet and neck protection, the balloon / that is, the human body, gets popped into the casualty report.

DuPont's Kevlar material works against thrust wounds when much thicker than the Kevlar shirts - at least in my view.

My summary here must mention that good quality field garments can get heavy. When I add my cargo vests, all is, indeed, heavy.

TMT Tactical likes this.