Teotwawki???

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by TexDanm, Sep 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TEOTWAWKI???

Another endlessly long missive from Dan...

The End Of The World As We Know It. To most people, they see this as simply “The End of the world.” They miss the part “as we know it”. Honestly, that is possibly the most important part to people like us that intend to survive if that is possible. If a huge asteroid hits and busts this planet to pieces it IS The end of the world and all the preparations are useless.

In the “As we know it” you have to realize that a lot has happened to this planet that is/was devastating that people lived through. The truth is that human memory is pretty short and we have lived during a time period of amazing peace and quiet. The biggest killer of humans for that period, by a huge margin, has been men killing men with the only other competitor being the various bugs that carry diseases.

We have not had a single so-called Supervolcano blow since Krakatoa and it is a midget compared to places like Yellowstone. Neither the East nor West coast has been hit by a tsunami in modern times. Our weather on a global scale has been warm but not too cold and Cool but not permanently freezing. Even our droughts have been fairly short-lived when compared to some of the massive decade long droughts of the past that changed the entire face of a lot of areas permanently. Empires fell all over the planet.

We tend to base our “The way things are” on what has happened in the last few years or in the cast of old farts like me in the last few decades. After that year that had both Katrina and Rita which was an even stronger hurricane, we were told that this was because of global warming and would just be how it was from then on. They almost doubled the number of names that they would put on the list for hurricanes each year in preparation for more and bigger hurricanes…We went 10 years without a single large hurricane making landfall in the US. Hen we had another pretty wild year or two and again it seems to calm down.

The day WILL come when we will have another possible even worse period. We have piled up so many HUGE cities on the coast with populations in the millions and every hurricane is going to be the biggest as far as the damage for its size. Hurricane Sandy is often described as a mega-storm because of the damage, it caused. Sandy was a BABY and barely even a hurricane. It was a category one that fell apart almost as soon as it made landfall. It was basically just a strong tropical storm. When I was young I often went to the coast to fish when a Tropical Storm or a Cat 1 storm was rolling in. Hurricane parties were common with those little storms. They were mostly big rainmakers and their damage was in the big coastal cities from flooding. They were not very damaging on the coast.

Both the East and West coast are past due for a truly massive earthquake. The New Madrid fault has been quiet for almost a century. We are NOT prepared on a national level for any of these massive disasters and they are all just localized disasters. We have not had a worldwide in recent centuries. Krakatoa was the last one and it was a tiny hiccup by possible and certain to happen eventually volcanic eruptions. It caused the year without a summer. If say Yellow Stone were to pop we might have the DECADE without a summer!!! There is a volcanic island in the Atlantic that is WAY past due and if it goes there is a likely tsunami that will be in the area of 100 feet tall when it lands and wipes Long Island off. The same is going to eventually happen on the West Coast and anyone west of the Mountains in LA will be in the Pacific Ocean.

All of these things can be moderately easy to survive IF you are prepared both with Knowledge and supplies and if you can survive the initial problem. There just is only one way to avoid the possibility of being harmed by an earthquake or tsunami and that is don’t live where they are probable. A Cat 4 or 5 Hurricane is a killer. It has the wind speed and power of a strong TORNADO. The good news is that honestly anyone that sits on the coast while a Cat 4 or 5 storm comes in might be classified as either suicidal or too stupid to live. As disasters go, hurricanes are pretty easy to avoid.

Part 2 following due to size restrictions...

Amber Wolf, lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Part 2...

The end of the world as we know it doesn’t have to be something that initially kills a lot of people. Our electrical systems are getting old and the cost and efforts that would be required to repair a nationwide collapse might even be beyond our ability to handle. It might take YEARS and YEARS to bring it back up and online.

California is already beginning to have severe problems to the point that they are periodically turning off the power to some areas during peak draw periods to keep from blowing the system. The liberals there have refused to allow the power companies to raise their prices to pay for improvements or even basic maintenance. They will let it collapse and then as usual beg for the rest of us to pay for what they were too cheap to even maintain. California is the worst that I know of but the infrastructure of the entire nation is getting old. One of the problems with our elective leadership and professional politician system is that if they want to get reelected they can’t always or even occasionally do what is needed. That is why we need to limit elected positions to ONE term and then they must go out and LIVE and WORK under the rules and conditions that they made.

If the power goes down for ANY reason the biggest ant piles become almost instantly uninhabitable and impossible to save. 21 million people can’t evacuate and the food, water, sewage, and heat will be memories that can’t be replaced in time to keep a majority of the people from starving to death. You CAN drink the river water but I’m not sure that even boiling it would make it safe or palatable! Also don’t forget that the Manimals are going to riot, loot, and set fire to everything during all of this. With NO WATER these fires will spread and burn until there is nothing left to burn. Those of us in the region saw this in the aftermath of Katrina in New Orleans. They were shooting at the first responders that came from the unaffected surrounding areas to help and try to get the power back up.

Once the egg is broken I’m not sure that it CAN be repaired. The problems that we are seeing now in the US are spreading throughout all of the liberal Northern States. I suspect that no matter which way the election goes in November that things are going to get a LOT worse. Let’s be real, for people my age the world as WE knew it is already gone and ended. 40 years ago there is NO WAY that rioters would have been allowed to take and hold the hearts off major cities and to even be ENCOURAGED to loot and burn as they wished by the elected leaders of those cities. The National Guard would have rolled in and KILLED anyone that resisted clearing them out. Men that had fought in WW2 had no patience or sympathy for people that would bring to our nation the horrors that they had seen overseas! I’m not sure that even the elected officials of those cities would have survived.

For most of us here in the US a catastrophic and sudden end would be much easier to deal with and survive than the slow death that we seem to be heading towards. Even if the nation doesn’t split up I can assure you that the States in the very conservative South are not going to be supportive of rebuilding and reclaiming the cities that allowed the Manimals to destroy them.

The need for anthill cities is long gone in most cases. The factories have mostly abandoned them because the cost of doing business in those places is exorbitant. Say a business in Los Angeles moves to Texas, immediately all of their employees get a 40% raise. Then they look at homes in Texas and a place that would have cost over a million dollars in LA will be in the 200 grand area in most of the large but not ant pile cities. The ONLY income tax in Texas is the federal sort. The general cost of living and doing business here is much, much lower. The same would mostly be true of any move from the Northern liberal big cities to a Conservative Southern place.

TEOTWAWKI could take on many shapes and forms. The West is growing weak and passive while the East is growing stronger and stronger. China now has the largest Navy in the world and they are adding to it all the time. They are building manmade Islands so they can extend their national boundaries and will most likely use this to cut off the West coast of Japan from any shipping. Sooner or later they are going to invade Japan. They hate the Japanese with a depth that we don’t generally understand. This hatred goes back centuries but the atrocities committed by Japan during WW2 made it even worse. When they do this we will be totally unable to do anything about it short of a nuclear response and we are not going to do that. The Chinese response would wipe the US out. China can easily afford to lose 350 million people. That would be the entire population of the US.

We live in perilous times. The probability of disaster is growing and getting more certain. I feel a bit sorry for those in the big cities. This creeping disease that we are in right now makes it hard to make the decision to bail and I fear that many that prepped will find themselves having to abandon most of those preps as surviving in those cities becomes impossible and the Manimals take them over and will burn you out eventually.

. I think that most of us here are about as prepared as we can be. At the best, you might work on a few more very situation-specific things. I have the food and guns and ammo well covered plus all the camping and woodburning heat and cooking that I will ever need.

One that I picked up over the last few weeks is a Viking battle-ax. People that might not fear a knife and might even be stupid enough to take their chances with a handgun will freak if confronted with something that will possibly chop them into pieces without killing them immediately. There may be a lot of times when I might not want to make the kind of noise that a gun will produce and this thing is light enough to swing one-handed but with a 30”/76 cm long handle can really work as a light ax as well as a weapon. After I get through with it it will be VERY sharp and have a much better grip and handling characteristics.

Well, that is enough for now. What do y’all think? Is the apocalypse upon us???

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Real good essays ..Ref question(s) "What do y'all think? ... appoclypse ???" ;

My early morning rambling / couple of comments;

It depend on what the national political authorities deem as national preparedness ("We are NOT prepared on a national level ...") I believe the nation IS PREPARED and you join me in this belief - along with the national political authorities - at your last paragraph of Part 1. Live in a Cat 5 in Hurricane Alley and equilibrium sets in. The subsidized life of easy living is leaving the scene. The party's over. Live in or near California's Imperial Valley with subsidized water leaving the scene and presto ... Vital signs will leave the body for some more equilibrium.

Like that Johnny Cash song line "A different point of view": wipe Long Island off ...... Barbra Streisand's Malibu home submerged ? Maybe there is a Supreme Being !

The definition of "Hurricane Party" has changed over the years. Initially, in pre-refrigerator / ice box days, after the weather emergency lets up, neighbors would pool their perishable foods and party in between the recovery phase / clean-up from hurricane. Various changes to the definition until new when a hurricane party translates to "Why worry ? Let's party" and the fools just get drunk while nibbling on tasty junk foods.

There are national population segments that are prepared for major emergencies. Preppers are one of these categories.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have said it before and I will say it again, in Britain once the power grid goes down that is GAME OVER for most of the urban populations, new houses are not being built with chimneys and fireplaces, and are ALL electric, once the power goes down people will freeze where they live, no cooking and no fresh water will finish off any left.
    people do not know how to live without the resources of modern life and electricity is the main one, it is in everything we do in everyday life, most people click a switch and think nothing of it, so it will come as a big shock when they click a switch and nothing happens.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The world as I knew it is dead.

TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In my life, I have watched as we traded Honor for Equality. Sadly this has been done by lowering the standards rather than raising them. Let's face it. When people can't tell the difference between protesting and rioting things are pretty much gone beyond redemption. I find it interesting that the endless ongoing riots are in the places and states that were the Slave Free States before the Civil War and there is almost none in the Slave States. ??? You would sort of expect it to be the other way around.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    just watched a video of BLM "protestors" harassing elderly restaurant customers, taking their drinks, smashing plates, overturning tables , shouting "F#ck the Whites", thats not protesting thats rioting, when is someone in charge of these cities going to do something about it?
    the BLM thing in the UK seems to have gone quiet for the moment, what we have now are Extinct Rebellion eco terrorists blocking the printing presses because the papers DONT put them on the front page every day.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      The American problems will be corrected after the election, one way or another.

TMT Tactical, Sep 7, 2020
  8. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    The world as we knew it is likely already gone. I feel bad for my kids, but I’m not going to loose my focus on taking well planned, prudent and necessary steps of improving my lot each and every day. My overarching strategy includes keeping distance between me and the crowds, sustainability, self sufficiency, non-dependence on technology, adaptability, and survivability.

texdanm, an interesting note on major tsunamis. Alaska was hit with a 1720 foot tall tsunami in 1958. It’s a fascinating historical account of the shear force of nature. Some boaters actually survived this massive wave. Imagine a wave the night of about 6 football fields coming at you and you have no way of getting out of the way. Google Lituya Bay, Alaska tsunami.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Rebecca, Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not get overly worried over TEOTWAWKI but I do plan for WROL. Major difference. Vote and relocate is for TEOTWAWKI. Lock and Load is for WROL. Both require being prepared but the latter is something requiring a more direct personal action.

10. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The world as I knew it, is gone. What I'm left with, probably isn't worth saving. I am here to make sure my family survives. I'll enjoy what I can and when my time comes I will sing my way out.

Dale

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, They only do that stupid stuff in the idiot liberal states where the primary interest of the government is the protection of their precious criminals. If they did that in Texas someone would draw and drop one of them. We don't have to allow ANYONE to assault us. I hope that the BLM criminals burn those cities to the ground if the people there don't have the balls to resist them. That is called EVOLUTION IN ACTION!!!!

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  12. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The End Of The World As We Know It..... I think that ship has already sailed, the world is going to Hell in a hand cart. I'm glad I'm out in the sticks. I've never been happy in a city but now it's getting a lot more intense. Minorities having tantrums because they don't immediately get everything they demand.

Dalewick, TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats life, about time they joined the real world.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Teotwawki is indeed here . Even the most idiotic amongst the planet's population now realize that . We have all been wondering what would bring it on , but at least preppers realized there was a change in the wind . The planet has been taken over by communist trying to install " the green new deal " or " agenda 30 " which is much one and the same . -- The immediate teotwawki changing events are the food crises as people face starvation as well as the man made petroleum fuel crises .--- Now the people that seized power legitimately or dishonesty or trying to mentally condition the little people to eat bugs while they themselves enjoy luxurious meals . There is almost certainly another crises being prepared to dump upon the peasants . Just guessing but I could see multiple countries being E.M.P attacked by the crazed Puttin or perhaps deciding to just blow away everything he deems worthy of a nuke . Perhaps another concoction of a disease is being readied for its debut . --- Now preppers may have to defend their hard sought and sacrificed survival preps from those that never prepped or under-prepped . Hungry people do desperate things .

TMT Tactical and Ystranc like this.
  15. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I would certainly expect more cyber attacks from government sponsored groups within Russia.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The TEO has been pretty well TWAKIED. The world that I was born into has been LOOOOOONG gone for decades. We mostly gave up honor in the name of equality. Education seems to be a thing of the past. I looked through a stack of job aplications where I worked a few years ago and it was shocking to say the least. Strangly people with a couple of years of college didn't do any better than a highschool drop out when it came to following directions and expressing themselves in writing. Evedently spelling, something that I have always struggled with, is nolonger important. As poorly as I spell I do as well or better than a lot of the college people!!!

My daughter had a teacher in highschool that told her that spelling wasn't important and that she graded based on how well she expressed herself and the quality of what she wrote. That is bullshit. When she got to college there were professors that would just throw a paper in the trash if they found three misspelled words. Thank goodness for spell check. I had a rather long chat with the superintendent of schools about that.

EVEDENYLY once a teacher reaches a point of tenure if they don't want to teach anymore they don't have to!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Had an instructor (certainly not what I would call a teacher) that was absolutely useless but was tenured. Short of actually attacking a student, there was nothing the collage could do about this person.

18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is about that way at the lower levels like k-12 in public schools. You just can't seem to fire anyone unless they comit some form of almost felonious crime. Just refusung to do their job and not teaching the kids ANYTHING isn't enough to do anything evedently. This is why my Granddaughter is in a private school.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    bad teachers may be a problem buts its hardly TEOTWAWKI is it?
    more a lowering of standards and thats nothing new thats been going on for ages, a decade or more.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- Here is a long video on our TEOTWAWKI predicament . They are targeting school children again as we are seeing them indoctrinating and confusing children to encourage them to engage in homosexual behavior . They are now also targeting young school children to acclimate them into eating bugs for their school lunch . The above video could easily fit several of our recently engaged topics but TEOTWAWKI is perhaps a broader fit . -- One interesting statement toward the very end of the above video , the U.S. Government is paying poultry farmers to kill even healthy flocks of their birds . Speculatively this move to destroy all poultry regardless as to whether they are sick or not is another move toward " the green new deal "/ agenda 30 to move the peasants toward a diet of bugs . --- As for my group we have prepared sufficiently as to not have to succumb to the level the government is promoting .

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- This morning I decided to do something a little different and post a video on preparing for TEOTWAWKI put out by one of my neighbors . My area is possibly the most densely populated prepper area on the planet , but this is one of the few to actually put his face out for people to see . He like me is very confident in his security but personally I prefer to not expose myself to the degree he does .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- I am a bit reluctant but will provide the above link . This video " again by a neighbor of mine " . Those that have failed to have a secure retreat for what is coming may be interested in this . I can 100% verify what is being revealed on the link as being correct .

23. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Something that I have been pondering , Some put back some extra provisions and declare themselves a prepper . To me while that may be technically correct , falls short of what we call preppers in these here hills . The above two links may give some insight as to what us hill folks call preppers . Even the video maker's above prep level pales in comparison to some of the folks around here . It is a lifestyle that some just fail to grasp .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think thats the point, too many people over here think stockpiling canned goods is the be all and end all of prepping when its just the start. some think its a hobby like bird spotting or collecting stamps, it isnt, its a lifestyle like you say.
    same with groups over here, most get used as a social event, little or no actual prepping goes on, a lot seem to be just for sitting around a camp fire drinking beer out of a can, and any serious events seem to be forest camps for the kids, or ex military with PTSD.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I was watching doomsday preppers on the television about an hour ago , and to my surprise there was " Joe Fox " the video maker of the two links that I posted above . He was presented on the show as their prepper expert . Honestly though I found the Doomsday prepper show , showing how their guest were prepping more entertaining as being humors than actually practical preparations .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. paul m

paul m Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Everything a person stores helps them in a crisis.That is good,and I would not criticise that at all. Nor should you.Every bit helps.As you know,I am a Brit. I have a VERY DEEP PANTRY.I have caches too. I have a permaculture/ perennial garden system,with animals. Rabbits and fowls. No goats now,sadly. I have a good fishing beat,and some very good rough shooting for game. I have a good rainwater harvesting system - and a well too. So no problem with water,although I have emergency storage just for belt and braces! Given our fuel prices,I am glad we have our multi fuel stoves and small scale solar charging. The stoves are excellent,and I get my logs for ZERO cost. Our heating is efficient and nearly free. I am a pretty sustainable prepper ( I hate that term) , and keep as independent as possible.

so you criticise fellow Brit Preppers for their’hobby’ of stocking canned food. You tell us how ‘expert ‘ you are. All we get is Daily Mail links and sound bytes from you. You never tell us YOUR strategy ,YOUR system. Come on Lonewolf. Give us some details ( and don’t give me the OPSEC excuse) . Don’t tell us how bad UK Preppers are,tell us how good YOU ARE. Step up to the plate man. Tell us how good your prepping is beyond the rest of us British Preppers.

answer me.

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    all I'm saying is that from my personal experience prepping in Britain is a low priority minor event only hobby , have tried to set up meets and nobody showed then get all the excuses afterwards, have done the group thing and all they were interested in was socialising, have been told of camps where they just sat around a campfire, drinking out of cans and getting silly drunk-maybe I expect too much.
    so you can see why I prefer to do the lone wolf thing, or in my case LW +1 which is pretty much the same thing. I'm not really a people person, personal experience again, I prefer animals to humans -they dont let you down like people do.
    I know prepping is a personal thing but the basics are fairly universal, skills and knowledge will last longer than any stockpile of food but most Brits do not believe in the big one just minor events then get back to normal, but what if it is never normal again. some would say "post" covid is nothing like it was pre covid and never will be and the systems are already collapsing around us as we speak. now we have war in Europe again and possibly WW3 and yet the British general public are more interesting in flying abroad for their summer holidays-thats if the flight hasnt been cancelled already - than planning for what is to come.
    I have done the living off grid growing my own food and shooting small game, I have had allotments most of my adult life, and I have kept and bred rabbits, I am also an experienced dog trainer, I have earned my living as a self employed gardener (growing not landscaping although I have done that too).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am willing to bet there are more "Pantry" preppers than committed preppers. I am the first to admit I fall into the "Pantry" prepper category. I am slowly working towards becoming completely self sufficient but that does take time and money. Time I got, money not so much. Marching slowly forward, bit by bit. We all start at the beginning and some move forward and others are content to hold where they are. Being prepared for a small events is better than being prepared for nothing, as the majority of people are but when the big event hits, then the full scale preppers will have a much better chance of survival. We all take our chances with our current level of preparedness.

poltiregist and lonewolf like this.
  30. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Prepping is a niche hobby/lifestyle practiced by very few people world wide. The likelihood of a true TEOTWAWKI event even with the Ukraine situation going on is tiny.

What people should (and some are) preparing for is another knock to the system on a scale like covid that could well mean interruptions to mains utilities and the food supply chain, an annoyance more than an end of the world event, short term, weeks rather than months...thats what we're likely to encounter.

Most people can't afford to 'prep', its not a cheap lifestyle initially and they don't have the money or just as important, the access to resources like land, they are city folk.

In the UK when covid hit I filled my garage with food and other bits and pieces and to be honest there was not a lot more I could do. My garden is a good size by brit standards but I'd not be able to feed a family year round from it and this is one of the major reasons I've bought a property in Spain, its a big house (Finca), I have outbuildings, a well (capped at the moment) and around 5 acres of land. I'm in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and ski resorts (about an hour away) so get hot summers and cold winters. Its perfect for my future retirement when I hit my mid fifties and I have space to prepare way way more than I had in the UK.

I've been lucky in my life, working offshore pays me very well, I'm debt free, I've had a very very nice inheritance quite recently, basically I can afford to prepare, the majority cannot even if they saw future problems so lets not knock them, lets just do our thing and let them do theirs.

Ystranc likes this.
  31. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    A hobby is something one wishes to do. I do NOT want to have to prep for that which is coming. What is coming, I do not wish to come.

I must say however that I totally LOVE going out to the range to shoot. Even if it is work (sighting-in / cleaning rifles), still it is fun. I like destroying things. Lucky for me in my former career, my job was to find errors / literally make products fail (quality control; it's FAR cheaper to find design errors in-house than when products have already gotten out in the field); rather enjoyed that.

Gardening can be fun, but let's face it, there's a lot of back-breaking crap involved plus all the sweat. Mr. Sun is brutal. I've had two skin cancers removed so far and my skin looks horrid, strange growths and all.

The wife and I have been through hell days. Life can be beyond nasty. What is coming in this collapsing world gives me pause. I have being old on my side. Maybe I'll die before the worst of it. I have many loved ones on the other side. They've visited in dreams & told me things that ended up preparing me for coming events. In my dreams I've seen the balloons go up.

upload_2022-7-2_20-7-12.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I can understand " Max Rigger " believing there are few preppers and even fewer prepping for the apocalypse . That has mostly to do with the environment one finds themselves . My environment is composed of a lot of people preparing for the apocalypse . That is why my chosen area to make my stand is potentially to be an area with one of the highest population of survivors after World War 3 . Judging the prepping level of people by analyzing sites such as this is actually a poor way to judge the prepping level of the general public . Few real doomsday preppers actually get on a site such as this . -- At least that is my conclusion .

Ystranc likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      People get a cancer. First response, "That can't happen to me!" Who are the worst? Yes, physicians. Why? Because their patents get cancer; not them. Right?! Wrong.
      "Bad things happen to other people. I'm happy. Things are going to stay that way."
      The "Ant and the Grasshopper" legend has its roots far back beyond ancient history; no doubt, long before recorded history. Let them not prepare. Their annihilation will allow the survival of those who are wise.
      "A person who is not a socialist at age 20 has no heart. A person who is still a socialist at age 40 has no brain." There's another saying that, no doubt, existed before recorded history. In youth, it is fine to be a dreamer. Then, you grow up.

Old Geezer, Jul 3, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    prepping is more of a generational thing, I was brought up with WW2 parents as were most of my friends, putting stuff back "for a rainy day" was normal in our households, most had larders and the ones that didnt were the odd ones, people grew a lot of their own food, the old "council houses" had allotment sized gardens, my friend's dad worked for the council and they had a huge garden, my parents owned their house and the garden was quite large even in a city, 4 lawned areas, a lean to greenhouse that dad built himself and a veg patch.
    things are different now, many years later, both parents in a family may work now and they dont have time or the inclination to grow food anymore, they just go to a supermarket-which werent around when I was a kid- which is okay until something like covid or something worse happens.
    it has been said TEOTWAWKI is a rare event, that may be so before now, but with the war in Ukraine it may be closer than we think, post WW1 "the war to end all wars" they didnt think there would be another 20 years later but it happened, as it well might again, we cannot see into the future even the near future, so a bit of forward planning might not go amiss, but I doubt many of our UK population will, which is a pity.
    if we look around especially in Britain things arent as normal as they once were before covid, the national health service is breaking down, a distant relative spent 11 hours waiting for for an ambulance, 13 hours in the ambulance waiting to be handed over to medical staff and 36 hours on a trolley in the hallway before being seen by a doctor, and such things are by no means rare, we have rising energy bills, rising food prices and shortages of some items, and the highest petrol and diesel prices we have ever seen, (there is now talk of gas rationing this winter) many people cant get dental treatment, there is a notice in our health centre " one appointment, one patient, one ailment, 10 minutes" thats when you can get an appointment that is. so to say everything is normal and nothing bad will happen is not just wrong its daft but I'm sure many will still bury their heads in the sand.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was raised by people born around the year 1900 -- 1890 to 1910. "Prepping" wasn't prepping, it was what these people did. They'd watched their brothers and sisters die in their childhood. They'd known times well beyond "hard times".

The arrogant youth of today have not seen hell, therefore they imagine that famine and pestilence are things of the past.

Their egos are such that only being stepped-on will awaken them. Most will perish. So it goes.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

The ship of life goes on full steam. Those who fall overboard are lost. As preppers, we know that there is nothing that we can do about that. We must prep for our loved ones -- it's the best that we can do. I am but a human. I'm no superhero. Most times, being a hero gets you killed. The Christ brought God's Message. Look what that got Him. It is a DARK world in which we live. If you must be awakened by the crashing waves, then it is too late for you.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  35. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    There are going to be quite a few people who can’t afford to live day to day in the UK in the near future unless they dramatically alter the way they’re living. Fuel and energy prices are set to rise again just as the autumn weather (fall) arrives. The unions are already getting fractious, demanding more…but where does that “more” come from? There is no magic money tree.

36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    then they probably have the wrong priorities.
    many people dont have a clue about budgeting and managing money.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    our local rural filling station regularly runs out of fuel in the summer months due to demand and because we are on the end of the supply chain for just about everything.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    For the yanks here, remember 1973 fuel shortage. History has a way of repeating itself. When the stations run dry, it will get ugly, very quickly.

poltiregist likes this.
  40. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah, we were issued with fuel ration books in the 70s, never had to use them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/k...pc=U531&cvid=1e7759419e334206851565f6262cbf39 --- An interview with a cattle farmer is the above link . Those that believed Biden and his cr-p are going to have to face reality just the same as those that had the foresight to prepare for what has befallen the planet . The difference between those that had the foresight to prepare and those that ate sh-t is huge . I and my tribe are prepared to eliminate the sh-t eaters that might envy our preps and try to take our resources . --- Already I have a patrol dog released at night .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    A video of a collapsing country " Sri Lanka " . They can't even afford to buy ink for their schools , so the schools have been shut down . This is only one country , other countries will follow into the collapse .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the problem with farming is going to be the price and availability of fertiliser and all the chemicals that modern farming uses these days.
    back in the 60s farmers didnt use all this fertilizer and stuff, they couldnt afford it for one and for two they used good old "dung" to fertilize the fields.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Farmers also need fuel to run their equipment . Without adequate fuel commercial farmers will be no more .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here in the States, back in the latter 1970s there was an "international oil shortage". There was the TV show, "Face the Nation". In one episode, they had a Saudi prince there as a panelist/interviewee. When asked why the fuel shortage, he replied, "What fuel shortage?!"

After that, prices "just happened to" start coming down. There was no shortage. The "shortage" was another world collectivist Big Lie.

I wish somehow, some way, these international control-freaks could be annihilated. Soros, et. al., should be in hot hell.

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    without fuel modern farming will not be possible.
    even if they could return to using horses the plough's and other equipment is probably long gone.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Ystranc
      The skills are certainly long gone.

Ystranc, Jul 8, 2022
      lonewolf likes this.
  47. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=430bae38e02c4550831a3bffe70c9811 Yes the starvation is here and escalating . Even governments across the planet can not lie about something this factual . But either through ignorance or an deliberate attempt to mislead the peasants as to the true reason for the starvation , empty shelves or high asking prices IF there is any food ' is being withheld from the peasants . Even some of our members on this prepper site fail to grasp what is happening . For now I will not dive into the cause as I know some of our members can't handle it and will revert into denial . Bottom line though , it is bad and going to get much worse and we may never see again the prosperous times we enjoyed when Donald Trump was driving the ship .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "345 million people" -- from the article

That's how many will die outright. Far more millions are at risk. Could be billions.

Add that wars are bred by famine. Mass migration will stun the Western world -- the numbers being far beyond that which is imagined.

The history books are filled with famines. Yet, today things are different. There are eight billion people on Earth. ONLY high tech farming can provide food for that many people. So, it will be famine, plus not enough fertilizer and not enough fuel to meet prior agricultural outflows. If "other means" to feed these folk exist, it doesn't matter, because "other means" will take too long to come online. We are watching the equivalent of a meteorite extinction event. The world's population will not be wiped out, yet the impact is going to nuke the status quo.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  49. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Farming these days is intensive, it relies on machinery and reliable crop varieties. If we switched to the 'old ways' of horse and plough, natural fertilizers (in effect switch to organic farming) crop yields would fall through the floor and the world would starve. The old methods of farming died because they simply did not provide the amount of crops needed.

If it ever hits the fan on a global scale starvation will come not so much because of a failure in farming but by the farming techniques that we will be forced to use.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Ystranc
      Yes and then again no. The old ways died out because the ministry of agriculture forced the use of chemical fertilisers on British farmers during and shortly after the Second World War. This damaged the natural fertility of the land making the farmers dependent on chemical fertilisers in perpetuity. Intensive farming is profit driven rather than volume.
      If we actually paid farmers what their production is worth it would allow them to reinvest.

Ystranc, Jul 8, 2022
      lonewolf likes this.
  50. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I know its intensive farming!:rolleyes:
    modern farming is only sustainable because of all the chemicals and fertilizers that are used , take all those away in a TEOTWAWKI event and population levels will fall back to pre industrial numbers.
    its probable that Agriculture as we know it will cease to exist post event as it will be up to individuals and families to grow their own food, large animals will go feral, dairy animals will go the way of the dodo.

TMT Tactical likes this.