Teotwawki???

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by TexDanm, Sep 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TEOTWAWKI???

Another endlessly long missive from Dan...

The End Of The World As We Know It. To most people, they see this as simply “The End of the world.” They miss the part “as we know it”. Honestly, that is possibly the most important part to people like us that intend to survive if that is possible. If a huge asteroid hits and busts this planet to pieces it IS The end of the world and all the preparations are useless.

In the “As we know it” you have to realize that a lot has happened to this planet that is/was devastating that people lived through. The truth is that human memory is pretty short and we have lived during a time period of amazing peace and quiet. The biggest killer of humans for that period, by a huge margin, has been men killing men with the only other competitor being the various bugs that carry diseases.

We have not had a single so-called Supervolcano blow since Krakatoa and it is a midget compared to places like Yellowstone. Neither the East nor West coast has been hit by a tsunami in modern times. Our weather on a global scale has been warm but not too cold and Cool but not permanently freezing. Even our droughts have been fairly short-lived when compared to some of the massive decade long droughts of the past that changed the entire face of a lot of areas permanently. Empires fell all over the planet.

We tend to base our “The way things are” on what has happened in the last few years or in the cast of old farts like me in the last few decades. After that year that had both Katrina and Rita which was an even stronger hurricane, we were told that this was because of global warming and would just be how it was from then on. They almost doubled the number of names that they would put on the list for hurricanes each year in preparation for more and bigger hurricanes…We went 10 years without a single large hurricane making landfall in the US. Hen we had another pretty wild year or two and again it seems to calm down.

The day WILL come when we will have another possible even worse period. We have piled up so many HUGE cities on the coast with populations in the millions and every hurricane is going to be the biggest as far as the damage for its size. Hurricane Sandy is often described as a mega-storm because of the damage, it caused. Sandy was a BABY and barely even a hurricane. It was a category one that fell apart almost as soon as it made landfall. It was basically just a strong tropical storm. When I was young I often went to the coast to fish when a Tropical Storm or a Cat 1 storm was rolling in. Hurricane parties were common with those little storms. They were mostly big rainmakers and their damage was in the big coastal cities from flooding. They were not very damaging on the coast.

Both the East and West coast are past due for a truly massive earthquake. The New Madrid fault has been quiet for almost a century. We are NOT prepared on a national level for any of these massive disasters and they are all just localized disasters. We have not had a worldwide in recent centuries. Krakatoa was the last one and it was a tiny hiccup by possible and certain to happen eventually volcanic eruptions. It caused the year without a summer. If say Yellow Stone were to pop we might have the DECADE without a summer!!! There is a volcanic island in the Atlantic that is WAY past due and if it goes there is a likely tsunami that will be in the area of 100 feet tall when it lands and wipes Long Island off. The same is going to eventually happen on the West Coast and anyone west of the Mountains in LA will be in the Pacific Ocean.

All of these things can be moderately easy to survive IF you are prepared both with Knowledge and supplies and if you can survive the initial problem. There just is only one way to avoid the possibility of being harmed by an earthquake or tsunami and that is don’t live where they are probable. A Cat 4 or 5 Hurricane is a killer. It has the wind speed and power of a strong TORNADO. The good news is that honestly anyone that sits on the coast while a Cat 4 or 5 storm comes in might be classified as either suicidal or too stupid to live. As disasters go, hurricanes are pretty easy to avoid.

Part 2 following due to size restrictions...

Amber Wolf, lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Part 2...

The end of the world as we know it doesn’t have to be something that initially kills a lot of people. Our electrical systems are getting old and the cost and efforts that would be required to repair a nationwide collapse might even be beyond our ability to handle. It might take YEARS and YEARS to bring it back up and online.

California is already beginning to have severe problems to the point that they are periodically turning off the power to some areas during peak draw periods to keep from blowing the system. The liberals there have refused to allow the power companies to raise their prices to pay for improvements or even basic maintenance. They will let it collapse and then as usual beg for the rest of us to pay for what they were too cheap to even maintain. California is the worst that I know of but the infrastructure of the entire nation is getting old. One of the problems with our elective leadership and professional politician system is that if they want to get reelected they can’t always or even occasionally do what is needed. That is why we need to limit elected positions to ONE term and then they must go out and LIVE and WORK under the rules and conditions that they made.

If the power goes down for ANY reason the biggest ant piles become almost instantly uninhabitable and impossible to save. 21 million people can’t evacuate and the food, water, sewage, and heat will be memories that can’t be replaced in time to keep a majority of the people from starving to death. You CAN drink the river water but I’m not sure that even boiling it would make it safe or palatable! Also don’t forget that the Manimals are going to riot, loot, and set fire to everything during all of this. With NO WATER these fires will spread and burn until there is nothing left to burn. Those of us in the region saw this in the aftermath of Katrina in New Orleans. They were shooting at the first responders that came from the unaffected surrounding areas to help and try to get the power back up.

Once the egg is broken I’m not sure that it CAN be repaired. The problems that we are seeing now in the US are spreading throughout all of the liberal Northern States. I suspect that no matter which way the election goes in November that things are going to get a LOT worse. Let’s be real, for people my age the world as WE knew it is already gone and ended. 40 years ago there is NO WAY that rioters would have been allowed to take and hold the hearts off major cities and to even be ENCOURAGED to loot and burn as they wished by the elected leaders of those cities. The National Guard would have rolled in and KILLED anyone that resisted clearing them out. Men that had fought in WW2 had no patience or sympathy for people that would bring to our nation the horrors that they had seen overseas! I’m not sure that even the elected officials of those cities would have survived.

For most of us here in the US a catastrophic and sudden end would be much easier to deal with and survive than the slow death that we seem to be heading towards. Even if the nation doesn’t split up I can assure you that the States in the very conservative South are not going to be supportive of rebuilding and reclaiming the cities that allowed the Manimals to destroy them.

The need for anthill cities is long gone in most cases. The factories have mostly abandoned them because the cost of doing business in those places is exorbitant. Say a business in Los Angeles moves to Texas, immediately all of their employees get a 40% raise. Then they look at homes in Texas and a place that would have cost over a million dollars in LA will be in the 200 grand area in most of the large but not ant pile cities. The ONLY income tax in Texas is the federal sort. The general cost of living and doing business here is much, much lower. The same would mostly be true of any move from the Northern liberal big cities to a Conservative Southern place.

TEOTWAWKI could take on many shapes and forms. The West is growing weak and passive while the East is growing stronger and stronger. China now has the largest Navy in the world and they are adding to it all the time. They are building manmade Islands so they can extend their national boundaries and will most likely use this to cut off the West coast of Japan from any shipping. Sooner or later they are going to invade Japan. They hate the Japanese with a depth that we don’t generally understand. This hatred goes back centuries but the atrocities committed by Japan during WW2 made it even worse. When they do this we will be totally unable to do anything about it short of a nuclear response and we are not going to do that. The Chinese response would wipe the US out. China can easily afford to lose 350 million people. That would be the entire population of the US.

We live in perilous times. The probability of disaster is growing and getting more certain. I feel a bit sorry for those in the big cities. This creeping disease that we are in right now makes it hard to make the decision to bail and I fear that many that prepped will find themselves having to abandon most of those preps as surviving in those cities becomes impossible and the Manimals take them over and will burn you out eventually.

. I think that most of us here are about as prepared as we can be. At the best, you might work on a few more very situation-specific things. I have the food and guns and ammo well covered plus all the camping and woodburning heat and cooking that I will ever need.

One that I picked up over the last few weeks is a Viking battle-ax. People that might not fear a knife and might even be stupid enough to take their chances with a handgun will freak if confronted with something that will possibly chop them into pieces without killing them immediately. There may be a lot of times when I might not want to make the kind of noise that a gun will produce and this thing is light enough to swing one-handed but with a 30”/76 cm long handle can really work as a light ax as well as a weapon. After I get through with it it will be VERY sharp and have a much better grip and handling characteristics.

Well, that is enough for now. What do y’all think? Is the apocalypse upon us???

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Real good essays ..Ref question(s) "What do y'all think? ... appoclypse ???" ;

My early morning rambling / couple of comments;

It depend on what the national political authorities deem as national preparedness ("We are NOT prepared on a national level ...") I believe the nation IS PREPARED and you join me in this belief - along with the national political authorities - at your last paragraph of Part 1. Live in a Cat 5 in Hurricane Alley and equilibrium sets in. The subsidized life of easy living is leaving the scene. The party's over. Live in or near California's Imperial Valley with subsidized water leaving the scene and presto ... Vital signs will leave the body for some more equilibrium.

Like that Johnny Cash song line "A different point of view": wipe Long Island off ...... Barbra Streisand's Malibu home submerged ? Maybe there is a Supreme Being !

The definition of "Hurricane Party" has changed over the years. Initially, in pre-refrigerator / ice box days, after the weather emergency lets up, neighbors would pool their perishable foods and party in between the recovery phase / clean-up from hurricane. Various changes to the definition until new when a hurricane party translates to "Why worry ? Let's party" and the fools just get drunk while nibbling on tasty junk foods.

There are national population segments that are prepared for major emergencies. Preppers are one of these categories.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have said it before and I will say it again, in Britain once the power grid goes down that is GAME OVER for most of the urban populations, new houses are not being built with chimneys and fireplaces, and are ALL electric, once the power goes down people will freeze where they live, no cooking and no fresh water will finish off any left.
    people do not know how to live without the resources of modern life and electricity is the main one, it is in everything we do in everyday life, most people click a switch and think nothing of it, so it will come as a big shock when they click a switch and nothing happens.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The world as I knew it is dead.

TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In my life, I have watched as we traded Honor for Equality. Sadly this has been done by lowering the standards rather than raising them. Let's face it. When people can't tell the difference between protesting and rioting things are pretty much gone beyond redemption. I find it interesting that the endless ongoing riots are in the places and states that were the Slave Free States before the Civil War and there is almost none in the Slave States. ??? You would sort of expect it to be the other way around.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    just watched a video of BLM "protestors" harassing elderly restaurant customers, taking their drinks, smashing plates, overturning tables , shouting "F#ck the Whites", thats not protesting thats rioting, when is someone in charge of these cities going to do something about it?
    the BLM thing in the UK seems to have gone quiet for the moment, what we have now are Extinct Rebellion eco terrorists blocking the printing presses because the papers DONT put them on the front page every day.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      The American problems will be corrected after the election, one way or another.

TMT Tactical, Sep 7, 2020
  8. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      332/345

Blog Posts:
    The world as we knew it is likely already gone. I feel bad for my kids, but I’m not going to loose my focus on taking well planned, prudent and necessary steps of improving my lot each and every day. My overarching strategy includes keeping distance between me and the crowds, sustainability, self sufficiency, non-dependence on technology, adaptability, and survivability.

texdanm, an interesting note on major tsunamis. Alaska was hit with a 1720 foot tall tsunami in 1958. It’s a fascinating historical account of the shear force of nature. Some boaters actually survived this massive wave. Imagine a wave the night of about 6 football fields coming at you and you have no way of getting out of the way. Google Lituya Bay, Alaska tsunami.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Rebecca, Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not get overly worried over TEOTWAWKI but I do plan for WROL. Major difference. Vote and relocate is for TEOTWAWKI. Lock and Load is for WROL. Both require being prepared but the latter is something requiring a more direct personal action.

10. Dalewick

Dalewick Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    The world as I knew it, is gone. What I'm left with, probably isn't worth saving. I am here to make sure my family survives. I'll enjoy what I can and when my time comes I will sing my way out.

Dale

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, They only do that stupid stuff in the idiot liberal states where the primary interest of the government is the protection of their precious criminals. If they did that in Texas someone would draw and drop one of them. We don't have to allow ANYONE to assault us. I hope that the BLM criminals burn those cities to the ground if the people there don't have the balls to resist them. That is called EVOLUTION IN ACTION!!!!

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  12. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The End Of The World As We Know It..... I think that ship has already sailed, the world is going to Hell in a hand cart. I'm glad I'm out in the sticks. I've never been happy in a city but now it's getting a lot more intense. Minorities having tantrums because they don't immediately get everything they demand.

Dalewick, TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats life, about time they joined the real world.

TMT Tactical likes this.