Texas Survival School

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.chron.com/local/slideshow/This-Texas-Survival-Camp-prepares-Texans-for-food-201940.php

Good morning all,

I'm placing this link here as being "news" - the pandemic and mass house arrests are generating these schools getting in the news.

It's in the Dallas area.

I'm not that sure that the Level 1 skills will help in surviving a pandemic or "close call in the wilderness".

Not degrading the school; just that Level 1 is for getting lost in a park during a group picnic during nice weather.

Land navigation is difficult enough. With a fever and muscle fatigue from a flu illness: rest and proceed with caution. Otherwise get out the signal mirror and strobe light.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, Pragmatist. I don't mean to shoot the messenger, but does anybody believe this tripe?

These people really believe you will survive a pandemic out in the woods. What are you going to catch? Bird Flu?

"One of the most important things in a pandemic is learning how to procure your own food and also build your own campfire."

Seriously? You go to the grocery store, and light your BBQ grill.

"Texas Survival Camp focuses on food storage and procurement through hunting and small vegetable gardening."

Really. How long do you think it will take for that garden to come in?

TMT Tactical, poltiregist and varuna like this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Around here going out into the wild might get you diarrhea (depend on what you had been consuming) and common cold. Or if the person unlucky enough than it will be frostbite or end up in the belly of some reptile :eek:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

That's why I had that preamble sentence that I was placing link in "news" section and not our "wilderness" section.

In out dumbed-down population, there really are people who sign up for these programs.

We must alert those asking about these schools and give sound guidance.

TMT Tactical likes this.