That Is Not What I Said!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humor' started by LastOutlaw, Aug 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I find that your remark about people stepping up to mark in adversity very optimistic, if not liberal, and if it was 1939/45 I might agree with you, but not in the 21st century, people have become very mercenary, the "whats in it for me" attitude pervades all layers of society, and is the reason I have the attitudes that I do. I have too much personal experience of other people to ever trust them in normal times, never mind when the chips are down.
    if there is ever another world war we would lose it because people will not step up to the mark and be shot at and maybe killed, attitudes have changed and not for the better.

2. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    I have a lot of experience with people and know many can hit the mark when needed and this is from observation and my time serving and voluntary work with younger people I'm involved in. If it ever does really kick off LW I've no doubt you will remember my words here. Lets hope there is no need for your lack of faith in your fellow man to be proven correct.

3. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    The fact you don't get it doesn't mean it's not funny to those who do.

4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Society ---- 1) Those that produce and consume. 2) Those unable to produce (children, seniors, disabled) but do consume. 3) Those able to produce but don't and just consume. The first group supports the other groups. As group 2 and 3 grow, the burden becomes heavier for group 1. In a national SHTF (not just some local disaster) group 1 will not and cannot support groups 2 and 3. Group 2 will die off and group 3 will turn on all. That is the reality of Society. Love of country, love of freedom has saved many countries. Love of fellow man has zero historical results. When Rome was attacked and burning, I have not read about any groups banding together help the fleeing citizens.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  5. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure where you're from, but in my country we have this best-seller called the Constitution of the United States of America that we Americans take pretty seriously; and we don't really hold with the foreign idea of shooting people when they happen to have a different political position than yours.

As a matter of fact, this same Constitution thingy actually defines "treason" as "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. " Now we haven't really been at "war" since I was eight months old, so we don't have any "enemies" (which isn't the same as "people that I disagree with") to give "aid and comfort" to!

Interesting document, that Constitution. Admittedly, a bit dry at times, but it makes good reading; if you're ever interested, you can check it out here.

6. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Have you really read and understood the Constitution and the other documents written by the founders? You say we have no "enemies". I must vociferously disagree. islam is the enemy of the Constitution. islam and the Constitution of these United States are incompatible and completely antithetical to each other. It is a dichotomy of the worst sort to pretend that a true believer in islam can follow the precepts of our Constitution and vice versa. islam is completely incompatible with freedom. Aside from our two wars versus the British, our first war against an external power was against followers of islam.

Do you know the historical reference to "the shores of Tripoli"?

Aside from islam, we have another enemy. A domestic one. A fifth column of progressives, democrats, and other lefties who also deride the Constitution and hate conservatives. We have enemies.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Trust no one(especially post SHTF) then you wont be surprised when they let you down(or stab you in the back ), which they will.
    there is only one person I really trust and that's ME!.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    LW, I'm a very very good judge of character and am cautious of everyone until they earn my trust.

9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's what everyone says.
    caution may not be enough, especially in WROL.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    I say it because its fact. Good judgment will win over isolation every time mate

11. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    No it won't . Isolation mean you don't need to be right about somebody, as they won't be there. Many a person thought they had were good judge of people but got stabbed. Ask Julius and the ides of March.

Old Geezer and Sonofliberty like this.
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Have you known the damned?

My dad's brother was a killer of men as were his "buddies". My father was NOT evil, he simply had a bit of trouble containing his emotions. That's it. He was God-fearing. Not so much those with whom he associated, those to whom he introduced his son. They could be the nicest of the nice.

I knew these guys, I knew their eyes, even as a child.

In adulthood, I'm afforded the luxury of not having to deal with them. Such an inferior tried to get into my house one night. I had a shotgun. I had no qualms about doing what was necessary should the need arise. My pulse did not go up ... except maybe due to anger ... he woke my kid.

How many people have you known who killed other people for personal gain, or for the fun of it? Have you locked and loaded to do the deed?

LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    everybody thinks they are a judge of good character but they only have to be wrong once and they are dead meat.
    I don't have anything to do with people, they don't have anything I want either now or post SHTF, I prefer animals anyway they don't let you down like people do.

randyt, Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TMT Tactical,

Ref "unable to produce (children, seniors, disabled)";

Our society uses definitions so falsified it's sometimes dangerous.

Consider the "disabled". Recently it was stopped but a little before more than 1 colonel and general on jump pay (paratrooper) or flight pay would arrive for their retirement medical exam and be found 100% service-connected disabled. Presto; tax-exempt retirement pay. They are officially "disabled". This example has spin-offs examples throughout American society.

Similar matters attach to "seniors". It's really an artificial definition.

Same for "children". Is there not a reason that high school can be completed when 16 years old ?

I am a "senior citizen" and disabled (minor; still mobile) and do volunteer work.

Our nation has a racket going on and we've got a POTUS who is stopping the fraud. It's a slow process but the screaming indicates that it's working.

President Trump didn't start the reform process ... do you recall the Railroad Retirement Board ? ... but he's the current focal point.

Overall, however, I agree with you.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Would the urge to stay alive in a combat situation be classed as personal gain? I've certainly locked, loaded and unloaded in the past and would again if needed but thats not for this forum.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    can be keep the Rambo posts off this forum please. and you complain about the gun posts . pot and kettle spring to mind.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    LW, I was responding to what a member had posted, I did not instigate the post.

18. Duncan

315/345

Blog Posts:
    I would think that someone who doesn't have anything to do with people would find it difficult to interact daily on a people-loaded survival forum. I certainly would!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    More and more it is less and less likely to find people who will go moral, or even go hero during hard times.

Truth be told, younger generations in Western nations are not even used to having to make-do with less than a squishy-soft environment -- they get panicky when the power doesn't come back on for over 8 hours (we've been without power for a week when our service was Tenn Valley Authority). What currently are considered "difficult situations are a joke". And the young adults are weak. Note that the people migrating into Western countries are not weak. As a matter of fact, they are aggressive and often downright dangerous.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/09/21/swedish-no-go-zone-police-say-criminals-laugh-our-laws/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ent-campaign-to-turn-London-area-Islamic.html

https://www.dailywire.com/news/16770/flashback-muslim-mayor-london-told-citizens-get-michael-qazvini

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8104412/london-stabbings-2019-knife-crime-statistics/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    People that have lived and moved from got nothing countries, into got everything countries are going to want and if need be, to take what they want from those that already have it. In every country that has let in the "Have Nots", the crime rate has increased.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  21. Duncan

315/345

Blog Posts:
    Maybe that's Old Geezer's point about people coming here being strong while we as a culture are weak. Well, ol' Charles Darwin would certainly agree: the survival of the fittest at the expense of the less fit.

I guess you know what that means: ¡Aprende español o muere, pendejo! LOL

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    They know how to make war. They are however bereft of the wisdom of order. Look to their homelands and witness savagery alone.

The West needs a horrid purging to put civilization and godliness back on path.

Physicians have and still do use maggots to eat dead flesh and spare the vital tissue. Gonna be a wiggly debridement.

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Maggot+therapy

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you call that interacting? typing a few comments into a computer, I don't.
    anyway as moderator I have to come here on a daily basis or else I wouldn't be doing my job.
    I was actually referring to a face to face type situation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

I've often wondered the same as Duncan did...

In spite of the fact that keyboard-time is so much easier than face-time, and being a bit of a recluse myself, I don't think I would have the patience that you and Keith do. My people-y BS meter would have blown a gasket or a few by now, lol.

Thank you both for keeping the trolls out, and sweeping up the riff-raff spammers that register on here daily.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    spammers are easy to spot and are removed on a daily basis, Trolls can be a bit more difficult and can hide their true nature only becoming noticeable some time later.
    I can have a conversation online, just putting an opinion or some facts onto a black screen isn't like talking to someone face to face, I don't do that anymore unless its the wife, I've tried making conversation with strangers when out in public but most people these days are so afraid they either ignore you or don't make eye contact, so I just don't bother anymore.
    like I said I prefer animals to people anyway.
    post SHTF isolation will be my lifestyle so I wont want to see anyone else(except the wife!).