The Belt From Hell.....the Hell'belt....the Battle Belt.

Discussion in 'Survival Kits' started by Sourdough, Jun 21, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The devil thought a woman was not enough annoyance for man, so he invented the "Battle Belt", straight from HELL. Yes....... I am reconfiguring my battle belt. The project is "Roughly" half done (I hope)....:(:(

2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Bump to jump start.

3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about .

The Innkeeper, Radar, Caribou and 2 others like this.
  4. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    WHAT........You don't have a "Battle Belt".......???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Okay, I admit it, I don't have a clue either!!! :oops: :(

The Innkeeper, Morgan101 and Caribou like this.
  6. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
  7. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The "HELL" part, is that the "Stuff" is Never ever never correct. It is the endless labor of setting it up that is horrific. They truly never are perfect. The best you can ever do is fairly good. Never perfect. It might seem perfect in the living room.........But about seven seconds into a short hump, you are at the outer edge of hell and slipping fast.

I should explain for anyone who has never worked with these systems. Assembling it, is like spending hours and hours, attempting to shove a limp noodle up an enraged wildcats butthole. It really is.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  8. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I like a FLC vest setup. Distributes the weight better and keeps it off my hips. My number one go to is a plate carrier set up.

FLC Vest
    10608a4099e6a26a31ffb1687e9f190c.jpeg

9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ah, that is what I thought it might be but was not sure. Thanks for the links

10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I didn't tote that much stuff in Nam . Under fire speed is essential . I would probably been dead if I had been weighted down with all that stuff . All I needed was a gun, bullets and beer .

11. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    "Molly" replaced "Alice" because some thought perfection was obtainable.

Forget the belt and focus on the initial mission. Then decide what's best so as to carry the couple of different types of gloves, the water load, the smoke mask ......

Unless a condition of employment, avoid MILSPEC, mil-looking, pattern camo.

It's less the belt and more so the TA-50 rigging. Seek a set-up whereas the suspenders form a(n) "H" on wearer's back. This allows for lashing a poncho, a tarp, a drag blanket,.. Use paracord rather than compression straps.

Consider thinner commercial rigs to minimize weight, eg TrueNorth brand, ProPac.

12. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I like MOLLY. It is versatile and holds items in their place well.

I can agree about not wearing military looking camo in most cases so one does not look military but once you load out a rig like this you will look military anyway. If you want to avoid the military camo look a simple spray paint can will change the color and you can still have the affordable surplus gear that is high quality rather then the expensive commercial Chinese made crap that falls apart shortly after purchase that is usually found in the civilian marketplace.
    [

13. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I try to keep as little as possible on my belt, typically only a knife, one canteen of water and maybe ammo. But this is for daily use when I’m in the bush and not SHTF.

For SHTF I have the backpack from hell. With it I won’t notice what’s on my belt! :). It’s a very old school ALICE style heavy hauler. I really need to upgrade the sucker.

14. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Get an assault wheelbarrow:
    8e761d491ef9da27bb7d62df7238d13f.jpeg

15. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

3TUb686ki5bknH0BZQ-jj8bBAbwsdVqS.jpeg via Imgflip Meme Generator

16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My battle belt is pretty much the big part of my intermediate BOB. It is actually a harness. It weighs a ton and without the shoulder straps it would never stay up and in place. Revolver, 2 speed loaders, kukri, leatherman wave, trenching tool, canteens, dagger on the right strap, small med kit and accessories bag, LED mini mag light. It's heavy but once on and adjusted it is a very friendly carry. Mine is all black. I will prefer to move around at night.

17. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I had a belt set up, but I am moving to a LBV(load bearing vest) set up. I find things are more accessible and the weight is easier to carry. I have not finalized the setup yet though.

I really need to invest in a plate carrier, but I am not there yet.

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Got to admit when I first saw the link my first impression was " OMG!!! :) I have to get one of those." When you think it through, I too prefer a load bearing vest or chest rig. I keep almost nothing on my belt.

They do look like they would be a lot of fun to put together.

19. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    I’m a vest man myself. Suspenders keep pants up, a few necessities in many pockets, knife on belt, balance in vest. If I need more my vest can attach to my backpack.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hips carry weight better than shoulders or backs. A belt also keeps your center of weight lower and that makes you more stable and sure-footed. a vest is for lighter loads and a backpack with a frame and waistband is for truly heavy loads. I have a vest for a few lighter things but guns, and other heavier things are best held lower.

This is like a duty belt like the cops wear and not the belt that holds your pants up.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.