The Bible

Discussion in 'Books' started by remnant, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    My default book of reference is the Bible. At the risk of proselythising, if you search the internet for any situation or phenomena ever happened on the surface of the earth, there are verses and precedents. As things unfold in the present world, I am continually amazed at how accurate the biblical expositions are.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  2. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I have read the Christian Bible cover to cover many times, in a variety of translations. I've also read parts of it in another language. For good or ill, no other body of literature has impacted western civilization like the Bible. The church was, after all, the driving force of culture for a very long time.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  3. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Amen

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I prefer something more useful, like the SAS survival guide and
    the Complete guide to self Sufficiency by the late and great John Seymour.

Brownbear likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I actually carry three books. The SAS survival guide, A book called a Pocket Reference by Thomas J Glover and a Bible. Heart,mind and soul. All three are in small size and easily carried.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  6. Vox Ephemeral

Vox Ephemeral Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    The Jefferson Bible is a lot smaller, easier to carry and contains the wisdom without the BS.

Jefferson was a wise man.

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm a traditionalist and like the King James Version. I have one that is no bigger than a deck of cards. I'm afraid though that I find much in Jefferson's beliefs that I agree with. Like him I am more Unitarian than Christian. I guess I am sort of a Jesuit Unitarian or Jesuit Pagan.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    The Bible is a must have book for me and its worth getting copies of the Torah and the Koran.