The "bio" Environment

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    WSJ is behind a paywall. Care to share what the article is actually about?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would like to know as well. How about a C&P post? From what I gleaned from the opening that I could read it is boasting about a Cali surplus due to higher taxes on the wealthy.

If that is the case then the wealthy will leave and their surplus will be short lived.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Son of Liberty and Last Outlaw,

I also have that cyber pay wall but refined pulp from trees copy is next to me.

California Governor Gavin Newsom signed a new budget that boosts spending housing, schools and child care.
    California has 12% of the nation's population but nearly half of nation's "unsheltered" homeless.

The new budget is generous toward the homeless but the results aren't good. Much of the funds don't get directed to the homeless.

When California decriminalized most "illegal drugs", it was believed that prison costs would decline. Prison spending doubled.

Article tells of related "homeless" problems such as "medieval diseases like typhus".

5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Something never accounted for in the California budget, is the ALMOST 300 BILLION in unfunded pensions. They don't have a surplus but a massive deficient. It just never shows up on the annual accounting reports. Slight of hand accounting. See nothing up their sleeves or in their pension accounts.

CountryGuy and Sonofliberty like this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical,

100 % correct ! Of course you're referring to CALPers and the teachers' counterpart - the "Big 2".

In California, fortunes were made off of the public sector and luxury living continues - and they still don't even have high speed rail Eureka to Crescent City.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  7. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Was going to drop a link for bird-biotic (doxycycline) from Thomas Labs, but the prices on it now are double what I paid just a year or so ago. Tried alldaychemist out of India since I've bought from them before too, but they're out of stock on the regular kind and only have a variety I'm not sure is FDA approved/registered.

Don't know if this has anything to do with typhus showing up in the news recently, but have seen this before with drugs when there's concern over some recent event. Potassium iodate after Fukashima, doxy and cipro after the anthrax letters, IV fluids following during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. They were either unavailable or sky-high priced.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Gate Crasher,

Pharma and especially pharma USP (highest grade in US) are modern versions of the precious metals: gold, silver and the foods from the Spice Islands.

IMO, little should be self-administered unless under prior guidance from a health care professional.

Ref Potassium Iodide after Fukushima; Here in US, PI is mainly for those in teen years. There's a large protocol on it. I only attended 1 class (for non-medical folks) involving emergency shelters and remember the presentations were "complicated", to say the least. I just remember I didn't need to get PI after a Fukushima event here.

Anthrax, Ebola epidemics; This really requires on-scene medical personnel.

Even "mere" typhus: My governing doctrine mirrors the reason to avoid swimming in shark-infested lagoons. I will not visit San Francisco and environs to include transiting their airports, with or without little cable car support.

9. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Not being to familiar with Typhus I was just surfing around. Seems like spread mainly from rats to fleas and lice that then bite humans. Saw there appears to be a specific strain in Cali and I think was Arizona. Just another reason not to go there.

This week I had a recruiter contact me about a job, sounded like a great opportunity till he dropped the second shoe, "oh it;s in California" *screech* brakes applied...
    Me: No thanks.
    Him: Why?
    Me: If I have to tell you, we probably aren't a good fit to work together. Thanks for reaching out, good luck and have a nice day.

10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Country Guy,

My basic evaluation method is "common denominators". If I see or know of street people in area, I accept that they are loaded with germs of all categories.

My philosophy also: California has been trashed. I stay away from the state.