The Blame-game, New Tech And Organization

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 21, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://features.propublica.org/nav...n-steering-ten-sailors-paid-with-their-lives/

Good morning all,

Per ... I'm posting this primarily for the organizational dynamics involved.

The article gives insight, otherwise fatiguing to the reader, regarding "...Northrup Grumman, the Virginia-based defense contractor giant that developed the navigation system, defended it".

I probably missed it,.. who is going to install the improved version ?

Article is followed with chapters from book.

Today is Winter Solstice and next week is Christmas. Let's all have lunch and shop at Macy's Pentagon City, Arlington, across I-95, from the Pentagon. This is a real 5 star Macy's. They have everything you want and everything your aide de camp, with or without portfolio, wants.

Meanwhile, back at the South China Sea ......

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The notion of using touchscreen in any combat vehicle is basically disaster waiting to happen. There is a thing called "muscle memory" and it also apply for pushing button and turning knob, switch, etc. With touchscreen muscle memory is useless. Furthermore automation doesn't require the use of touchscreen. It can be done using good ol buttons & knobs.

This may sound strange for landlubbers, but there is still no substitute of watchstander using any current technology. It even easier developing self driving car than developing autopilot for a ship.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

So true. You stated it very clearly.

It's a look-out. Someone standing watch.

TMT Tactical likes this.