The Boot Pose

Discussion in 'Safety' started by EarlyMarksman, Apr 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. EarlyMarksman

EarlyMarksman Master Survivalist
      262/345

Blog Posts:
    I was out rabbit hunting with quite a few people a couple months ago. These people were very active hunters and had been for years. One of them told me: "I'd hunt every day if I could." Now these are the guys that consider going out into the woods and standing there waiting for something to run out, or sitting in the truck allowing dogs to do all the work, hunting. I've only ever been hunting twice (all of my firearms experience has been through individual and military training), so I'm new to it myself, but that doesn't seem too much like hunting to me. The one I was paired with had never even heard of bushcrafting before and figured that since he had a house and a bed, why would he ever want to spend a night in the woods? Yes, he actually told me that. I am not trying to attack these people, just describe who they are before I get into everything.
    Throughout the hunt when I was resting my weapon I would of course keep it in my workspace and held it as if it were slung over my chest and stomach (my sling had malfunctioned on me earlier rendering it useless). Kinda difficult to describe but you get my point. The guy I'm paired with has a double barrel 20-gauge that is hot, and instead of holding his weapon, he decides to rest it by putting the muzzle on his boot.....a hot shotgun....it' a wonder he still has toes because he did this as if he'd done it a thousand times and it wasn't a big deal at all for him. I do not believe in natural selection as I am a Christian, but for funny purposes, natural selection should've already claimed this guy.

Probably thought it was a cool pose, but to me he looked about like this:
    f667fdc008baab51c1fcae5a28619804.jpeg

My cousin and I have a name we like to call people like this: "Jake." No offense to you if your name is Jake.

Attached Files: