The Coming Starvation

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Mar 25, 2020.

The Coming Starvation 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    whilst some of the residents in British inner cities are not far short of being primitives already in the good times- anything not "nailed down" tends to get stolen in these areas they do not go far in their pilfering the same will also apply post SHTF especially once the petrol stations are empty, it can be a long walk to get out of a city especially out of the larger cities and people in the UK will not simply just abandon their homes.
    many of the city dwellers over here know little about the countryside and what they do know is invariably wrong, they just would not survive there.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. DirtDiva

DirtDiva Master Survivalist
      285/345

Blog Posts:
    Even in the South property protection laws vary from state to state. To the best of my knowledge at present the law in Tennessee is clear: You can use deadly force only in self-defense if you fear for your life or someone else's. So unless the person is trying t kill you with a radish or something you shoot someone in your garden in this state you are looking at a felony.

They were trying to change that recently but I do not think it went through.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    Tennessee Castle Doctrine
    In addition to Stand Your Ground laws, Tennessee has also adopted the Castle Doctrine, Just like the words “stand your ground,” the words “Castle Doctrine” do not appear in the Tennessee code. These laws relate to the justification of force used within your residence, dwelling, or vehicle. The ideas encompassed by the Castle Doctrine are found in Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-11-611(c), which states:

"(c) Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury within a residence, business, dwelling or vehicle is presumed to have held a reasonable belief of imminent death or serious bodily injury to self, family, a member of the household or a person visiting as an invited guest, when that force is used against another person, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence, business, dwelling or vehicle, and the person using defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred."

Tennessee Castle Law
    Tennessee extends the presumption of the Castle Doctrine to those within any of the following:

1. “Residence” – a dwelling in which a person resides, either temporarily or permanently, or is visiting as an invited guest, or any dwelling, building or other appurtenance within the curtilage of the residence;
    2. “Dwelling” – a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, that has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed for or capable of use by people;
    3. “Business” – a commercial enterprise or establishment owned by a person as all or part of the person's livelihood or is under the owner's control or who is an employee or agent of the owner with responsibility for protecting persons and property and shall include the interior and exterior premises of the business; and
    4. “Vehicle” – any motorized vehicle that is self-propelled and designed for use on public highways to transport people or property.
    It is important to remember that you will not have the presumption granted under the Castle Doctrine if the person against whom the deadly force was used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, business, residence, or vehicle. Nor will you have its protection if the person against whom the deadly force was used is a law enforcement officer who has entered in the performance of his or her lawful duties.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the UK we can use reasonable force if the intruder is in the house and we fear for our safety, but no one has really defined what "reasonable" force is, what we cannot do is attack them once they have left the property, that is defined as assault.

TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
  5. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    With the lootings and protests of 2020 in Nashville they attempted to change the law but the changes never passed. Unless they are threatening your safety or the safety of your loved ones on your property or in your house or car if you shoot them you are facing assault charges and if you kill them I would imagine felony man slaughter. Nothing saying you couldn't shoot over their heads and scare them to death I guess. My suggestion is rock salt in a shot gun and make them wish they were dead. You would probably still be looking at assault charges though.

And even worse that is that when it is all over then they will come back and sue you for damages!

There is always the shoot shovel and shut up method. Tried and true since the dawn of time.

That being said in an EOTWAWKO scenario I would say then all bets are off. Lol

"Shoot low sheriff they're riding a shetland"

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    according to the news item during Trump's time in office "Assault" weapons were banned but the ban was overturned presumably when Biden was elected. I do not see how Biden can wring his hands and claim he was innocent of any blame for this tragedy. 19 dead kids + 1 teacher = 20 lives cut short.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    Such a senseless tragedy!

And watch there will be more. When there is one it seems as if there are always a couple behind it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    it dosent sound like anyone in the US has an answer as how to solve this problem.
    until they do it will keep happening.
    I am not anti gun, I love shooting but I hate the fact that people with mental illness can get hold of guns. not just in the US, it happened here in Plymouth UK a while back but thankfully not that often.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    Like you I also am not antigun as I have been around guns my entire life. I raised 5 children around guns daily on a farm and all 5 shoot. My grandchildren are coming up the same way. That being said there are a great deal of issues with the US gun policy that could be improved upon. Language that could be cleaned up, better enforcement and elimination of loop holes. That is just my opinion.

That being said I am not sure that school shootings are as much a gun problem as a mental health issue and a morality problem. There again you cannot legislate morality. This young man obviously has mental illness issues and no respect for human life. Loose gun laws and enforcement loop holes just gave him an avenue to pursue his mental illness. It could have just as easily been a knife or hammer although I do think the body count would have probably been less though in that circumstance. Thankfully atleast it wasn't a bomb or he would have killed even more.

Gun laws vary from state to state but I do believe there should be revisions or clarifications to background checks and waiting times from the time of purchase until actually taking possession of the firearm. I also believe gun show and private sales loop holes need to be removed. Again my opinion. I also think automatic rifles need to be restricted more. What the hell does an 18 year old need with an AR15? Again a personal opinion.

Another problem I think is that these shootings get so much media coverage that it attracts the next person looking for that excessive media attention. People looking for their moments in the spotlight.

I don't have any idea what the answer to this problem is or even if there is one.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there does seem to be an element of mental illness in all these shootings, wherever they occur.
    I think that is where the laws need to be tightened up.

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
  12. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I think most of the world struggles with the US inclination toward gun ownership. I personally think gun ownership is a very ingrained part of the culture carrying over from frontier life. For both my husband and I it is a generational thing. We own the same guns as our grandparents and have started passing those same guns on to our own grandchildren. These are the guns that protected our family flocks and herds for generations. The same guns that put food on the table during the lean years of the depression. The same guns that protected our farms and homestead gardens from animal marauders. And the guns we ourselves learned to shoot on and hunt with.

Those very skills directly contributed to my husbands expert marksmanship status in the military and his choice to become a military law enforcement officer.

That being said these above mentioned gun owners are not the people doing these shootings. They seem to be younger individuals with very troubled backgrounds and definite mental health issues. These are people using guns to perpetuate their own hatred and misguided agendas. These are gun owners not buying firearms for food procurement or property protection. These are not the gun owners buying a small handgun for personal protection. These are people buying large automatic firearms for the purpose of making war on the public.

Figuring out which is which just may be the answer.

My other issue is that most schools these days have very stringent security measures in place. Where were they here?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...aded-himself-for-40-minutes-as-police-waited/

"The shooter who killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday reportedly barricaded himself inside as police waited outside for 40 minutes.

"According to people who were present at the scene, terrified parents were yelling at police officers to charge the school for 40 minutes until a Border Patrol team finally took him down.

“'Go in there! Go in there!' parents reportedly shouted.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Guns are not evil, but some people are. Mental health is the key issue. If the government wants to really stop these shooting, they should start mental health testing the kids before they are able to purchase or operate a firearm. Quit blaming the object and start blaming the people. Questions to be answered, how does a unemployed high school kid afford to purchase two expensive AR15 and 370+ rounds of ammo? These shooters don't just wake up one morning and suddenly develop a mental urge to shoot people. They have been mentally sick for a long time and there were signs that were missed or ignored. I suspect the kid was selling drugs and that is how the "Gun" money was obtained. Gun free zones mean "Open Season zones". When was the last time there was a mass shooting at a gun range?

Qwerty and DirtDiva like this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia and Ukrainian agricultural products not available, add drought, fuel prices soaring, supply routes closed, on and on, ...

"Food Crisis: German Farmers Warn of Drought-Related Crop Failure on Top of Grain, Fuel, Fertiliser Woes"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...p-of-ukraine-war-fears-over-grain-fertiliser/

"Farmers in the east of Germany are warning of widespread crop failures due to a lack of rainfall in the region.

"Things may soon go from bad to worse for shoppers in Germany and beyond as farmers in the east of the country warn that a lack of rainfall could result in crop failures.

"According to a report by Die Welt, farmers in the German regions of Brandenburg, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania have seen their soil massively dry out thanks to a serious lack of rainfall in March.

"As a result, the cultivation of a variety of crops is now in danger, with low yields expected as a result of the drought.

"One crop thought to be badly affected is sunflower, which is likely to cause distress to shoppers throughout Europe who are already facing an acute shortage of sunflower oil — a sizable amount of which comes from Ukraine and Russia."

------------------------------------

"U.S. Drought Monitor"

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

upload_2022-5-28_15-34-34.png
    upload_2022-5-28_15-35-23.png

"Farm Inflation: Fertilizer, Food, and Equipment Manufacturing"
    March 28, 2022
    By Keith Good, Farm Policy News

https://agfax.com/2022/03/28/farm-inflation-fertilizer-food-and-equipment-manufacturing/

"Financial Times opinion columnist Rana Foroohar indicated yesterday that, “We know that the war in Ukraine has led to sharp increases in prices for both food and fuel. This in turn has sparked concern that we may see a repeat of the famine and food riots that took place in 22 countries in the years following the global financial crisis, caused by a perfect storm of rising commodities prices.

Foroohar stated that, “The war is part of that problem, too. Russia was until recently the second largest foreign exporter of fertiliser to the US, providing 10 per cent of the total supply. But it is not the only reason prices are rising.

“'As a March 11 release from the US Department of Agriculture put it: ‘Fertiliser prices have more than doubled since last year due to many factors including [Vladimir] Putin’s price hike, a limited supply of the relevant minerals and high energy costs, high global demand and agricultural commodity prices, reliance on fertiliser imports, and lack of competition in the fertiliser industry.’

"With respect to food price inflation, Bloomberg writers David R Baker, Allison Nicole Smith, and Sheela Tobben reported yesterday that, 'Global food prices set a record last month, according to the United Nations, as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine disrupted shipments from the countries that, together, supply one-quarter of the world’s grain and much of its cooking oil.'

“'More-expensive food may be frustrating to the middle class, but it’s devastating to communities trying to claw their way out of poverty. For some, ‘demand destruction’ will be a bloodless way to say ‘hunger.’”

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.up.com/customers/track-record/tr190125_rail_supports_food_prod

"Thanks to an expansive network across North America, railroads play a key role in supporting America’s farmers and food manufacturers, helping to put food on kitchen tables in the U.S. and all over the world."

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/s...ke-action-on-freight-rail-service-disruptions

"Senators demand regulators take action on freight rail service disruptions"

https://www.farmprogress.com/farm-policy/rail-providers-asked-do-more

"Following mounting concerns and growing criticism, the Surface Transportation Board announced May 6 that it will require certain railroads to submit service recovery plans as well as provide additional data and regular progress reports on rail service, operations and employment. STB says these measures are meant to inform the Board’s assessment of further actions that may be warranted to address the acute service issues facing the rail industry and to promote industry-wide transparency, accountability and improvements in rail service.

"This decision follows extensive testimony on severe rail service issues reported by a wide range of witnesses including agricultural, energy and other shippers, as well as government officials, rail labor and rail experts during the Board’s April 26-27, 2022 public hearing in Urgent Issues in Freight Rail Service. The Board has also continued to review and monitor weekly rail service performance data, which indicate trends in deteriorating service."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    What we have here in the United States is radical communist in control of our government shoving their plan forward " called The Green New Deal . " High gas prices and high food prices is in their deliberate plan to install their new government . Obviously other Nations are also implementing the " Green New Deal " also onto their subjects . Agenda 30 being implemented is what the world is experiencing . Many of the weak will submit to their rulers and their new global government . Independent , self-sufficient preppers will be the rebel holdouts . -- There is at least a little hope that come presidential election time in 2 1/2 years that we will be able to overcome the rigged election that they are planning here in the U.S. , thus postpone and perhaps reverse " the Green New Deal Agenda " . Until at least the next 2 1/2 years has passed , the globe will experience hunger and for some death as the result of their plan . That is the real reason for the Communists hatred for Donald Trump as he stood in their way of implementing their Communist dream .

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "California Spills Water into Ocean rather than letting Farmers Grow Rice"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022...-water-ocean-rather-letting-farmers-grow-rice

"Colusa County in Northern California is the top producer of rice in the Sacramento Valley. Colusa County historically produces more than 150,000 acres of rice in a normal year. But in 2022, Colusa officials say they will only be able to produce a fraction of their usual rice crop, costing rice farmers, workers and suppliers hundreds of millions of dollars."

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yet another fire at an American food industry supplier

"Massive Fire Breaks Out At Poultry Farm That Supplies Eggs To Major Supermarkets"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditi...poultry-farm-supplies-eggs-major-supermarkets

"A poultry farm in Howard Lake, Minnesota, that supplies the nation's largest supermarkets with three million eggs per day experienced a devastating fire over the weekend.

"Forsman Farms spokesperson Jon Austin told local media outlet KARE that estimates aren't firm yet, but anywhere between 'tens of thousands of chickens were killed, up to a couple hundreds of thousands.' The spokesperson continued and said chickens in adjacent barns were affected by smoke inhalation. "

----------------------------

"FBI Warns of Targeted Cyber Attacks On Food Plants After Mysterious Rash Of Fires"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditi...tacks-food-plants-after-mysterious-rash-fires

"The FBI's warning comes as 'nearly two dozen food processing facilities across Canada and the US' have experienced a 'string of fires, plane crashes and explosions,' according to The Western Standard. "

20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Concern in Italy about the coming famine in North Africa

"Global food scarcity to cause 20+ million refugees from Africa to flee to Europe – mass migration"

https://www.survivethenews.com/glob...from-africa-to-flee-to-europe-mass-migration/

"Europe is about to be invaded by Africa, according to Italian politician Matteo Salvini.

"The engineered, controlled demolition of the global economy is already resulting in widespread food shortages that Salvini says could lead to more than 20 million starving African migrants flooding into Europe.

"Blaming the war in Ukraine, as most politicians are doing, Salvini said that “significant hunger is expected on the African continent, which will be a humanitarian, then a social, and finally an Italian problem.”

"A big part of the problem is Ukrainian grain no longer being exported to the countries that need it. Much of the world relies on Ukraine for food, and that food is now staying within Ukraine’s borders."

-----------------------------------------
    related:

"Food Crisis Being Engineered by the Deep State"

https://thenewamerican.com/food-crisis-being-engineered-by-the-deep-state/

1. Old Geezer
      https://www.ipsnews.net/2022/05/war-famines-warnings-potential-outcomes-war-ukraine/

"When we hear about the famines and wars that continue to harass a great part of the world’s population, let us not forget that they are renhuo, man-made. Behind the statistics are suffering individuals – men, women and children – while the guilty ones, leaders watching computers and calculating gains and losses while replacing people with figures, are quite easy to identify and hold accountable for their pernicious actions."

Old Geezer, May 31, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
    2. Old Geezer
    3. Old Geezer
      "'Putin's Holodomor': Russia steals 400,000 tonnes of grain from occupied Ukraine sparking fears of a devastating food crisis in the country in chilling echo of Stalin's famine"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ls-400-000-tonnes-grain-occupied-Ukraine.html
      • A Ukrainian minister said 100,000 tonnes of grain was stolen from four regions
      • Meanwhile, Ukraine's human rights ombudswoman accused Russia of trying to 'cause the Holodomor' - a reference to the famine that killed millions in the 30s
      • Russia has also attacked grain silos, fertiliser storage and stolen farm vehicles
      • Meanwhile, a clip from Russian television emerged of Putin's propagandists suggesting that Russia steal Ukraine's grain to sell it to China

Old Geezer, May 31, 2022
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there has always been famine and droughts in Africa, thats nothing new, but they still carry on breeding.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/TMxE7fQPpvI/ For those that can not mentally accept a potential nuclear world war 3 don't bother watching the above link because you will find this video too hard also to accept . For those with open and strong fortitude you may find the video interesting . It goes into the rumor of gas pumps now being modified to accept over $10.00 a gallon gasoline . Already in some countries reportedly it is selling at 12 to 13 dollars a gallon . Food crises reportedly will really be getting critical by the end of September of this year . --- I can not confirm or deny any of this is true but at least I am willing to look any potential disaster in the eye and confront the Delima .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    petrol over here is now in the region of £1.66 or more per litre, thats about £8 per gallon or just over $8 so not that far off your $10 a gallon, Diesel is even more expensive than petrol.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Growing food in the UK has increased a LOT since lockdown but modern UK gardens just are not big enough to feed a family from, most like my UK garden is a 'toy garden' but from it you learn the basics so if you do get the use of more land you can get on with growing. In Spain I have all the land I need and next year will be fitting two good size polytunnels and will start another learning curve.

25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there arent many people growing any of their food even in a rural area like this, it increased here a bit over lockdowns but as soon as they were lifted it went back to the normal number again-which is less than the fingers of one hand here, many gardens are not suitable, too hilly and would need terracing and many wouldnt bother.
    we got rid of all our grass areas as soon as we moved in and converted them to growing spaces, I also grow a lot in containers.

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    The area where I live has always been considered a somewhat poor area (lacking industry and jobs). However when you ride through the country it is a patchwork of timberland, cattle pastures and fields of corn, green beans and lots of small family farms and homesteads. When going down the mountain yesterday I noticed that most of the houses I passed had at the least a small garden tucked away behind the house somewhere. I think for many that have slacked of gardening in recent years have decided to step up that game plan due to recent higher food prices and shortages. Gardening is definitely on the rise.

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    America is a big country, Britain by comparison is quite small, and land is expensive.
    if you buy a new house in the UK you'll be lucky if you have a garden at all, maybe a small concrete yard.
    most people commute in one form or another and dont have time to garden, its only when you get older or have a lot of time on your hands that people here are able to garden.
    most people dont bother and buy all their food in the supermarket, its only in a crisis that home grown food increases and most people would leave it too late anyway. to most its just a hobby.

28. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Same observation as Dirt Diva on her above post , in my area concerning the gardens , also hilly , with lots of rocks " many flint rocks " . I will not speak for other areas but , my area has a huge population that has migrated into the area of abundance resources to establish prepper / survivalist alamo's , to make their stand . This I am referring to the percentage of prepares to sheeple . Actually I don't know anyone personally in this area that I would consider not prepared to at least some degree . But I do suppose some of the people I see dwelling in towns may not be prepared . But even they at least have yards where they could grow a garden . I predicted this would happen many years ago and left another state and began my preparations . Also I have gathered Dirt Diva did the same and re-established her and her family , leaving a less desirable location . -- Perhaps in some countries there isn't any good survival areas to establish oneself in but here in the United States that is no excuse . When the prepper / survival pull is strong enough even a low income person can find a way to establish a survival location in the United States . Because of various reasons someone may not be able to permanently live at their chosen survival location but they could likely at least establish a bug- out location .---- For instance , only a short distance from my home is someone's bug out shack down on the creek that they come from a city to stay whenever they get a chance . --- I started my present location by mortgaging my home in another state and using the money to buy raw uncultivated land in a briar patch , sleeping in a tent on the ground and getting my water from a creek . I took a machete and cleared out those briars and underbrush and turned the property into a showplace that in " my opinion " is one of the nicest properties in the state . Determination goes a long way .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    what you did with your "briar patch" is what I had to do when I lived off grid all those years ago, unfortunately I did not own the land and that is why I had to leave when the ownership was passed on, and that is why people here do not have a bug out place to go to, land here is very expensive and there is no wild land in the UK, all land is owned by someone whatever it is.

30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I like probably many of our members , know people that since the agenda 30 gas and food price hikes were installed are now working 2 and perhaps 3 jobs . Some are fortunate enough to be able to pick up extra work hours to make more money in a desperate effort to meet their financial needs . Quite probably some of our members fall into that category . The thing is those not able to make their finances add up to solvency are in a bind . This upcoming Christmas will be sad times for many people as they face losing their homes , land and transportation to creditors . The year 2023 will be horrific times for many . Preppers that prepared for such a scenario will have to be on high alert for homeless , desperate people . I may be sleeping outside of my alamo again " armed " , in order to confront raiders from an unexpected position , as I have done in the past when I see desperation seeping into the lives of those that were living the good life instead of putting their funds into a survival retreat . --- I will be getting off now to get me a couple of home made goat milk biscuits and tomato gravy .

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  31. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Is US/NATO (with WEF help) pushing for a Global South famine?"

by: Michael Hudson

https://michael-hudson.com/2022/06/is-us-nato-with-wef-help-pushing-for-a-global-south-famine/

"Is the proxy war in Ukraine turning out to be only a lead-up to something larger, involving world famine and a foreign-exchange crisis for food- and oil-deficit countries?

"Many more people are likely to die of famine and economic disruption than on the Ukrainian battlefield. It thus is appropriate to ask whether what appeared to be the Ukraine proxy war is part of a larger strategy to lock in U.S. control over international trade and payments. We are seeing a financially weaponized power grab by the U.S. Dollar Area over the Global South as well as over Western Europe. Without dollar credit from the United States and its IMF subsidiary, how can countries stay afloat? How hard will the U.S. act to block them from de-dollarizing, opting out of the U.S. economic orbit?

"U.S. Cold War strategy is not alone in thinking how to benefit from provoking a famine, oil and balance-of-payments crisis. Klaus Schwab’s World Economic Forum worries that the world is overpopulated – at least with the 'wrong kind' of people. As Microsoft philanthropist (the customary euphemism for rentier monopolist) Bill Gates has explained: 'Population growth in Africa is a challenge.' His lobbying foundation’s 2018 'Goalkeepers' report warned: 'According to U.N. data, Africa is expected to account for more than half of the world’s population growth between 2015 and 2050. Its population is projected to double by 2050,' with 'more than 40 percent of world’s extremely poor people … in just two countries: Democratic Republic of the Congo and Nigeria.'

"Gates advocates cutting this projected population increase by 30 percent by improving access to birth control and expanding education to “enable more girls and women to stay in school longer, have children later.” But how can that be afforded with this summer’s looming food and oil squeeze on government budgets?

"Neoliberal models of the economy fail to take into account show a demographic plunge that their policies cause. But the tendency is so universal and similar that of course it is part of the collateral damage of U.S. policy. The question is, is it more than just 'benign neglect'? At what point does depopulation policy become conscious? One need merely look at the Baltic disaster. Since 1991 the populations of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania have declined by over 20%, primarily because the working-age population has had to emigrate to the rest of Europe in order to find work. Neoliberal policy kills – as the world saw in Russia after 1991, echoed in Ukraine.

"Is world famine and balance-of-payments crisis a deliberate US/NATO policy?

"On June 3, African Union Chairperson Macky Sall, President of Senegal, went to Moscow to plan how to avoid a disruption in Africa’s food and oil trade by refusing to become pawns in the US/NATO sanctions. So far in 2022, President Putin noted: 'Our trade is growing. In the first months of this year it grew by 34 percent.' But Senegal’s President Sall worried that: 'Anti-Russia sanctions have made this situation worse and now we do not have access to grain from Russia, primarily to wheat. And, most importantly, we do not have access to fertilizer.'

"The African Union is not a policy-making body. A viable response will require a critical mass, and that means that it will have to come in conjunction with China and Russia. An institutional response and alliance along such lines is what US/NATO pressure is aiming to prevent. U.S. diplomats are forcing countries to choose whether, in George W. Bush’s words, 'you are either for us or against us.' The litmus test is whether they are willing to force their populations to starve and shut down their economies for lack of food and oil by stopping trade with the world’s Eurasian core of China, Russia, India, Iran and their neighbors.

"Mainstream Western media describe the logic behind these sanctions as promoting a regime change in Russia. The hope was that blocking it from selling its oil and gas, food or other exports would drive down the ruble’s exchange rate and 'make Russia scream' (as the U.S. tried to do to Allende’s Chile to set the stage for its backing of the Pinochet military coup). Exclusion from the SWIFT bank-clearing system was supposed to disrupt Russia’s payment system and sales, while seizing Russia’s $300 billion of foreign-currency reserves held in the West was expected to collapse the ruble, preventing Russian consumers from buying the Western goods to which they had become accustomed. The idea (and it seems so silly in retrospect) was that Russia’s population would rise in rebellion to protest against how much more Western luxury imports cost. But the ruble soared rather than sunk, and Russia quickly replaced SWIFT with its own system linked to that of China. And Russia’s population began to turn away from the West’s aggressive enmity.

"The best one can say is that it is a case of gross negligence. But at some point benign neglect becomes malevolent. There is an obligation of nations to think of the consequences of their bellicose policies. These consequences must be deemed intentional if the consequences are quite obvious. In legal practice, gross negligence is punished as if the negligent party actually wrought damage.

"American politicians take plains to avoid any sign that they recognize collateral damage ('external economies') of their policies. But such negligence is a danger to the world. If a nation’s behavior is consistently damaging to other countries, the effect is as if it were planned. That is the case with America’s Cold War 2.0 policy, and with neoliberal economics generally.

"The choice confronting Global South countries: to starve by paying their foreign bondholders and bankers, or to announce, as a new basic principle of international law: 'As sovereign countries, we put our survival above the aim of enriching foreign creditors who have made loans that have gone bad as a result of their choice to wage a new Cold War. As for the destructive neoliberal advice that the IMF and World Bank have given us, their austerity plans were destructive instead of helpful. Therefore, their loans have gone bad. As such, they have become odious and we will not pay them.'

"The main deterrent to this strategy is not U.S. power, for it has shown itself to be a paper tiger. The problem is one of economic consciousness and will."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am nearing 70 years old and have learned one thing for sure. there is evedently big money in predicting near end of the world as we know it disasters. Some years it is heat and drought that is going to starve us all to death and other years the next ice age is just around the corner. Endless people wringing their hands and prraching that things are about to go down the toilet...but it never does really.

I don't care if it gets hot or cold, people live quite well from the arctic to the equater and if they can do it then any intelegent person can make it. You would be amazed at just how little it takes to keep a person alive. Humans evolved in a world that regularly dried up, got freezing cold, blistering hot or flooding all over the place...and yet there have always been more people after things settle down than there were before.

I personally have gone without food for two weeks twice and for a week several times. I didn't starve to death and honestly after about three days I wasn't really hungry. Humans are TOUGH physically. There is more issue with their minds and emotions than with their ability to physically survive hardships. I generally only eat once a day even now. I am a BIG boy and seem to actually need less than most people to survive. Hell, I went on a thousand calorie diet for two weeks and did NOT cheat...and gained a pound or so!! A 14 day fast knocks about a pound a day off of me. Not much at first but more as time goes on.

Saddly the one thing that finally made it so weight wasn’t a problem was when I lost about half of my intestinal tract. Even with no stomach and only about half of my large intestine I still weigh 220 pounds. I almost never eat breakfast like once or twice a month MAX. I never eat lunch if I am working. I do some serious damage at supper or the best possible for someone with no stomach.

Really fat people and skinny people are mostly that way because of their odd metabolism. I can walk past a bakery and gain a pound just from the smell. I used to have a friend that ate enough for theee BIG men every day and every meal. He brought 6 sandwiches, a bag of cookies, and a family size bag of chips to work every day. He was 6’ 1” and never weighed over about 120-130 pounds. SOB!!! I’m 6’2” and have to fight and starve to keep my weight below 250.

IF things ever get really bad I won’t have starving to death as a problem. I don’t evidently need much and I will eat ANYTHING. If it walks, crawls, swims, flies, or slithers I’ll EAT IT. If I survive that first year I’ll have about three acres under cultivation. That is about the most a person or small family can handle without mechanical or animal assistance.

Where I live there are a LOT of cattle and hogs. When the auction houses close down and there is no place to sell all those animals food for local people will be pretty plentiful. I have an almost full professional set of butcher tools and know how to butcher a calf or hog. Without freezers you are better off to butcher sooner and smaller unless you are feeding a lot of people.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Old Geezer, DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there will be a lot of rising prices in the western world, its the third world countries that will face starvation first because everyone is so poor, but it dosent take SHTF to do that, they are like that normally.
    I agree without freezers better to butcher often and smaller, smaller meat animals was my plan all along.
    3 acres is quite a big area, our last allotment field was 2 acres and that went out of sight, there is no way anyone or any small family could cultivate that without any mechanical assistance, BY HAND.
    in the old days in the UK a good Ploughman with a matched pair of horses could plough 1 acre per day but that was as much as was possible.
    the British Allotment Society says that the normal allotment of 300 square yards is sufficient to keep the average family of 4 in fruit and veg and that I can tell you from personal experience is a hell of a lot of hard work.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Freezers for food preservation is just the easy way out . That is why I have my walk in wood fueled smoke house for making jerky or salt meats . Old school thinking is the solution for many survival challenges . My tribe is way ahead in the realm of food preservation than the vast majority . --- Here again like those that prefer to deny that there will ever be a nuclear world war 3 , we appear to have deniers of a looming starvation . I may be a bit crazy and paranoid but because I do believe things such as starvation or a nuclear conflict to be possible is why I am a prepper . I certainly don't just prep for a bump in a road but prep for much more serious scenarios . What is already unfolding will make believers out of the deniers over the next year or two but then the window of opportunity for preparations will be long past . I am not trying to bash anyone but am like the guy wearing a sign trying to warn people of impending danger .

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I will need more than a couple of acres. I want to also have room for goats, hogs and maybe a milk cow. Fortunately where I live there is a lot of open land. Without having to kill anyone I have control over close to 10 acres. Sadly, I don't think that over half of the people now alive would survive the first two years even out in the rural areas where I live. The survival rate of a two year total collapse in urban areas probably won't be over 25% maybe in a worst case it might be as low as 5%!

When the store shelves are totally empty and the power and water stop flowing murder, suicide, and starvation will make a shambles of the urban places and probably the rural areas adjoining to them. If you plan on hunting for a food supply you had better be SEVERAL hundred miles from any of the major population areas.

The first wave is going to be all of the urban welfare trash. They will expect people to still feed and support them. The second wave MAY have some people that will be of some use. They were prepared for a problem and also will be fairly quick to leave when the cities become hell holes. THOUSANDS then maybe MILLIONS of city people with no power, no water, no food and real fast no laws except the survival of the fittest...Fittest may mean best armed and prepared to defend their lot.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes its the animals that need the most room, I am planning for smaller animals as larger animals would be a waste of meat for a small family group.
    I think when you talk of the first two years of a SHTF then the survival rate would be very low even in a rural area like this, most people arent farmers or even growers, rates of survival after 2 years will be around 10% at most probably 5% in some places, 80% of UK populations live in big cities and I am a long way from one of those, several hundreds of miles from the capital or the Midlands(Birmingham, Manchester etc.)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Mental health will also be a factor in survival, lots of people found their mental health deteriorated in the UK lockdowns, so mental health will be much worse for some when all resources (water, food, medicines etc) are removed, I expect the suicide rate to sky rocket at that time especially in the under 40s. that was the ages that seemed to suffer most with mental health in the pandemic, those that cant adapt to the new normal wont survive.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Mental health and just plain health issues will kill a lot of people. Stupidity will wipe out entire sectors of our sociaty. Hell bad manners wil get you killed in a world without laws that are enforced. People that think that everyone owes them a living are not going to live for long. If I catch you raiding my garden you may end up there as fertalizer!!! Thr kind and size of garden that you will need to feed a family is going to represent a HUGE investment of hard work. You will be stealing my families survival...You are no better than an animal that is raiding and destroying your crops and will get the same treatment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yep thats for sure, either in the US or here in the UK.
    people are stupid now, post SHTF it will get them killed .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Lot of people will die, city folk and country folk alike. Living out in some village or hamlet does not mean you have the skills for long term survival, there's a big difference between growing roses and begonia's to knowing how to grow and store or spot/track/kill/butcher animals.

Another problem in the UK is the wildlife, out in the countryside you ain't exactly tripping over animals and this applies to the USA too. There was a video on youtube talking about this (I'll try and find a link) with a guy talking about hunting post SHTF. He lives in an area with game like Moose and as he said, you can go out some days and there is plenty to hunt but other days (or longer) you'll find nothing....skills and a liberal dose of luck help in survival.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    long term survival post SHTF either in the US or UK will not be about hunting, or foraging, which at best is a seasonal activity but about what each of us can do to put food on the table.
    your quite right though, most people living in a British rural village or town are more likely to commute to the city than be a farm or horticultural worker.
    Begonias and Roses might not be any good as food but at least the growing skills used for these can be put to use when growing food.

42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I noted some interesting comments on various above posts . Personally like Dirt Diva , I prefer to prep " before " SHTF . There is a huge difference between what you " will do " and what you have "already done " , in the prepping arena . I wonder who some think will sell them those survival critters after buying food is no longer a option ? Or perhaps their plan is to simply steal what they have failed to have ready . Maybe someone can clarify my way of thinking .

43. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=1c0dc0551d784ecc922bc688d7ebea5f The above link is simply propaganda put out by United Nations in an attempt to deflect blame of the starvation crises away from their deliberate work toward creating a food crises in order to fulfill their agenda 30 agreement . Like Biden trying to deflect blame on to Puttin and the Russia / Ukraine war as to the high gas prices and lack of food , the United Nations has decided to do the same . --- The thing is those that have chosen to deny there is a food crises will over the coming months find they can no longer keep their heads in the sand . This is where just talking about prepping and actually prepping will take stark contrast from each other . --- Even if someone chooses to believe the United Nations blame attempt , in the end regardless of who or what is to blame " when there ain,t no food there ain,t no food " . It is here and it is for real and it is going to get much worse .

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Country people still make salt pork. Long before refrigeration, people put back meat. You drive back through rural places during deer season and you'll see deer hung-up being dressed-out. I've seen deer hung-up from kids' basketball goals.

Millions of Americans still do these things. Freezers are handy, sure, but still, salt pork is dynamite eating. God knows I've et a ton of it. May not be good for a man's blood pressure, but it sure as heck will keep body and soul together.

Deer:

upload_2022-6-10_2-48-40.png

Hogs:

upload_2022-6-10_2-50-5.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      In a whole lot of Heartland America, hogs and deer are MASSIVELY overpopulated. Texas is one state overrun with feral hogs. In Pennsylvania, there are over 40,000 deer killed each year by being hit by cars and trucks -- these accidents also kill several dozed people each year. In the fall, driving to work and back, I routinely see 3 to 5 deer killed along side the road each day. I do drive through well over 20 miles of mountainous forested land, plus pasture land / farming acreage. I once saw a van hit a deer and that deer went up high enough -- tumbling -- to almost touch the power lines. A woman who worked where I worked and her husband were killed by a deer hit by a truck and catapulted through the windshield of their car.

Old Geezer, Jun 10, 2022
  45. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are around 1Million wild Deer in Britain, there are 6 species of Deer but only 2 are found in the South West.
    there are about 4,000 wild Boar in the UK.
    I once many years ago hit a deer with my car, it smashed my left hand side headlight and died outright, some one else grabbed the carcass before I could even stop the car, another time I found a dead deer, the local farmer grabbed the carcass again before I could even stop the car.
    mind you I've had a few Pheasants in my time which is more my size.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Most deer are up in Scotland, muntjac deer are spreading in Wales and the SW and wild boar are increasing but again, you ain't tripping over them.

Prep before SHTF? Of counrse, but really in terms of food storage you need food for a year at least to cover yourself until you and or group can get growing food so this means canned and dried goods, no use banking on your freezer(s) unless you can generate enough power to keep it going; they need to be looked upon as a luxury you could live without if you had to IMO

TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    just because you dont see them dosent mean they arent there. Muntjack deer have been spotted in Somerset but are more prevalent in the Midlands and East Anglia, in Devon and Cornwall its Roe and Red deer. wild Boar are numerous in the Forest of Dean and to a lesser amount in Devon between Exmoor and the south coast, they have been spotted on the outskirts of Plymouth near Roborough reservoir. Deer have been seen in the city suburbs.
    12 months minimum storage of canned and dried food is a given until such times as you can get in your first harvest, but dont entirely discount trapping, fishing and foraging and dont rely solely on stored food, canned food is processed food and a diet of only processed food can lead to several health problems the major one being an increase in the risk of cancer.
    use canned food sparingly to supplement your supply of fresh food where possible.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. DirtDiva

285/345

Blog Posts:
    I am going to throw this out there in reference to this thread.

The wildlife are out there NOW. As many of you know I owned large acreage in the midwest and farmed it for over 20 years. My husband was originally from there. During the depression years the now plentiful deer herd there was completelt WIPED OUT. So much so that after the depression deer had to be brought in to repopulate that state.

In Louisiana where I grew up in th 60's you could not kill an alligator. Again they were almost completely wiped out during the depression years from overhunting and were protected as an endangered species for mnay years after to allow them to come back.

My husband was speaking to an elderly neighbor the other day who is 93. He said that during the depression years you could not even find a possum on this mountain.

Do not think that history will not repeat itself. Do not think that the herds of wild deer/elk/bear/hog will last very long. There will be isolaed pockets of game left in places that are hard to reach maybe but the ones most asscessible will go fast.

49. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    maybe, but I had a grown man say to me when having a conversation about Venison "I couldnt eat Bambi!" and we have a high percentage of Vegetarians and Vegans in the UK, I dont know if many will change their mind once their starving, the ones its a fad might but the committed ones maybe not, an aversion to meat dosent change in a crisis.
    14% of the UK population (over 7 million people) are currently vegetarian or vegan,
    by 2025 it is said this will rise to 25% or one quarter of the entire population,
    this will rise to 50% or half of the population within 20 years.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. DirtDiva
      Wow I am shocked at those statistics.

DirtDiva, Jun 10, 2022
  50. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Squirrels are tasty. Groundhogs are gamey. Never et possum ... but if times go hard, well what the hell.

Trout is great. Bass and Walleye are also good. Bluegill are bony, but bluegill be good.

Carp are freshwater possums.

There's a bunch of trout farmers out there.

https://www.fao.org/3/i2125e/i2125e.pdf

Qwerty, TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
    1. Old Geezer
    2. Old Geezer
      When you throw a fistful of cheap dog-food into a fish-farming pond, the water churns and boils like piranha going after a feral pig. First time I ever did that, I was taken aback -- was kind'a scary.

Old Geezer, Jun 10, 2022
      lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.