The Coming Starvation

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Mar 25, 2020.

The Coming Starvation 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the event of a starvation level disaster you need to move DOWN the food chain. Everyone is going to be killing the common game animals and saddly most of them will waste most of that meat because they don't know how to preserve it. The bottom part of the food chain does not require guns or a lot of hard work. think about what a feral hog lives and gets fat on. How can a normally intelegent human starve in a place that is over run with feral hogs? We can eat them and almost anything that they eat.

Information that you NEED to KNOW is what plants WHERE YOU LIVE are nourishing and good food sources. Good taste isn't in the top end of this search. You need to know how to best prepare thiese foods to make them firstly safe to eat and then taste good or at least not terrible. Picky eaters will either adapt, change,or die.

It is man's adaptability that has made us the most common and prevelant animal on Earth. From the poles to the equator, from the pow coastal places to the tops of the mountains men are at the top of the food chain. We can survive almost anywhere...if we choose to survive!!! A lot of people will chose to die. They will either starve to death because McDonnals is gone or get killed stealing food that others worked hard to raise.

I'm sorry but for those people I will have no mercy. If I have food strores they are NOT going to eat them. Those wil be for the times when there are no natural foods to be found not because you won't eat it unless it comes from a can or freezer. My Daughter will either change or die. I'm honestly not sure which she will choose.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    "dont rely solely on stored food, canned food is processed food and a diet of only processed food can lead to several health problems the major one being an increase in the risk of cancer."

The risk getting cancer from canned food is about the same as drinking from plastic bottles.....pretty much zero, more urban myth than a cause of real concern. Also canned and dried food will often be more nutritious than the fresh veg you've had in store a while and loosing their vit content.

If you remember, when covid hit I took a year off to 'ride it out' at home with my son and had the money to stock up, my garage was piled high with food, canned, packet meals, freeze dried meals, Mountain House meals et al but I'm not sure I could have lasted out a year, eight or nine months would be my best guess. Two people, two meals a day for a year is around 1500 meals. Even relying on bulk dried rice/past/legumes etc you need a pile of food just to keep going. On top of that you need water, fuel for heating and cooking etc and to be honest I doubt many preppers could actually feed their family for a year from stock on hand... its a big target to hit.

I'll be starting from scratch in Spain and luckily the supermarkets here still carry a much broader range of jar and canned food which will help but I won't be stocking until the end of the summer when I'll have finished work on an outbuilding which will then be dry, insulated, have power for a dehumidifier and be rodent proof. Time is my big issue at the moment, I'm having to juggle several things at the same time but I'll get there........eventually lol

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    standard canned food is full of additives and chemicals, high in salts and sugars and should be eaten in moderation along with fresh food, a diet composed of nothing but canned food is NOT a healthy diet.
    the health problem with canned food is not you will get cancer but that you might, the more one eats of canned food the higher the risk. there are also other health risks, its not just cancer. many are common and well known including Heart Disease, Higher Blood Pressure leading to heart attacks and strokes, excess Fibre consumption leading to digestion and bowel problems, and Tissue damage.
    of course, as I've said before, all canned food is finite in a post SHTF world , it only last so long then its all eaten, there is no more, when its gone its gone, unless one cans/bottles it oneself at least then we know whats in it with regards to "added ingredients".
    the reason the UK has a huge obesity and diabetes problem is because a lot of people no longer cook from fresh and a diet of processed and fast food has led to a health crisis in this country and a lot of other Western countries too.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You know, in a world wide crash where I am struggling to find enough to eat to allow me to live a little longer I don't think that I will be to worried about the possible long term cancer risks.

People have been overwhelmed with the ENDLESS list of things that POSSIBLY may cause some people to have cancer. The fact is that some people ARE GOING to die of cancer no matter what they eat or where they live. I was raised in one of the most seriously poluted places in the US. When I was a kid I could tell what direction the wind came from by smelling which refinery smell was strong at that time.

The US runs on things like gasoline, diesel fuel, and a bunch of other manmade fuels that come from crude oil. The High School that i went to had several oil wells on it and my deer lease was covered with them. East Texas used to float on what seemed like endless amounts of oil. It wasn't endless... We drilled and sucked it from the ground and then in numerous refieries turned it into the many products that the nation needed to grow and run. Both of my parents had cancer. When I was young it seemed like cancer was as common as the so called common cold.

People like to ignore things and the fact is that most things that have made America the great and powerful nation that it is have and had a cost in human lives. Whether it is mines, oil fields and refineries, or factories that turn our resources into products part of the cost is in lives. The sad truth is that nearly all companies have to decide where the line is in the cost of their products and the cost to the people that work there. There is no totally safe way to turn any raw resource into the many useful products that come from them.

I always though it was pretty stupid how the bosses would rant and rave about safty proceedures during the safty meetings but then rant equally about production rates KNOWING that the level that they insisted on was IMPOSSIBE if you followed all of the rules about safety. Basically they were equally torn and pushed by those above them to PRODUCE at ANY cost. There were ways to make things safer BUT all of them either increased the cost too much or slowed the production to an unacceptable extent.

So the answer was simple. make rules and preach them endlessly at safty meetings and then look the other way when people did what they HAD to do to get the jub done in an acceptable time. They would push and INSIST on a high level of production and then look away but then when someone got hurt they would nearly always get written up for violating safty rules.

This is one of the problems with the American way. The people that own the company only care about the bottom line. They are the stock holders and never once have ever stepped foot on a factory floor. They make the rules and then make you violate them if you want to keep your job. They only change the rules when the injury costs digs in to the bottom line such that it costs less to slow things down than to pay for the injuries.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think there is such a thing as a cancer personality, these people that lurch from one crisis to another, always on the go, work,work,work, type of person, now take someone like me, laid back and easy going, dosent know the meaning of stress, panic what panic? :D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There actually are personality traits linked to cancer. Medical literature is full of research into this topic.

Everybody already knows that a type A personality carries with it a much higher risk of heart disease. Having a Type A personality is the equivalent of smoking two packs of cigarettes per day.

Timid personality type has bee n linked to cancer. Fighters are more likely to get cardiovascular disease ... or live to be over 90 years old. Many people who have lived to be very old have personalities that do not allow giving up -- I've seen this in my own family. ( 3 out of 4 of my grandparents lived to be 90 - 100; paternal grandfather had a bad heart since youth, rheumatic fever damage, still he almost made it to 70 as a smoker. These people, by god, you did NOT mess with. All four had high salt intake diets. Two dipped/chewed snuff/tobacco, including one grandmother who lived to be 100.)

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/coping/feelings/stress-fact-sheet

https://www.cancerdefeated.com/do-you-have-a-cancer-prone-personality/

https://www.totalhealthinstitute.com/personality-influence-on-cancer-risk/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. DirtDiva
      Great article. While frozen foods may be higher in vitamins and minerals and closer to fresh it is not sustainable in a grid down situation. I personally keep frozen food but I also home can many things because they are then shelf stable. I also dehydrate many items and store in mylar and buckets. For me it is about not keeping all your eggs in one basket.

DirtDiva, Jun 12, 2022
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    dont keep bottled water for more than 6 months and change drinking bottles about the same, thats what I was told and it makes sense, with everything dont take chances and err on the side of caution, that way we might all live longer!!!:D

TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am pretty fortunate. Where I live food won't be much of an issue. The big thing is I KNOW what resources are available and how to gather them. Water won't be much of an issue either. Rivers, creeks, lakes and ponds are all around me. Thusands of cattle and millions of hogs should make meat pretty easy and that doesn;y even count the natural meat sources.

My only real concern is dealing with the urban trash refugees that are going to come expecting us to take care of them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    well I live in a rural remote area a long way from any mass urban location, plenty of cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens and wildlife, fishing and natural lakes are aplenty, we get more than our share of rain so water isnt a problem, rather too much of it than not enough.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. paul m

paul m Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    I’m in a similar place. Huge kitchen garden,rabbits and fowls. We are surrounded by water,and fishing is my passion,along with rough shooting.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Please explain "Rough Shooting"? I am not familiar with that term.

TMT Tactical, Jun 12, 2022
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I assume he means flushing out small game from hedgerows and scrub sometimes with dogs sometimes with human beaters so they can be shot.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Two year date on bottled water and that is just a guesstimate by the bottlers, kept out of direct sunlight and it will last longer. Mormons go with two years for home treated water.

I've got a well in Spain, its capped at the moment but hope to lift the concrete lid sometime this summer, could be full of water or bone dry...time will tell; nice to have as a back up.

Round here we have Spanish Ibex, wild cats, wild boars, rabbits and more. I'm up in the hills and can see the Sierra Nevada mountains in the distance and not had time to go hiking.......one day I will LOL

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    do you believe EVERYTHING you are told by officials? first it was the Vaccines, then it was canned food, now its bottled water.
    6 months for commercial bottled water is that recommended by most preppers and prepping sites, and thats in a cool place out of direct sunlight. its more to do with the plastic its in rather than the water itself. 1 year might just be okay but then again may be not, best not to take chances.
    of course you can do what the hell you like, you seem to ignore all the advice you are given anyway.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. DirtDiva

DirtDiva Master Survivalist
      285/345

Blog Posts:
    Here is a thought. I always have empty canning jars. I save the lids I take off and wash them and reuse them (not recommended by the canning police) then when I have empty jars when I am canning I fill them with water to finish out a batch in the canner. So I always have sealed jars of water on the shelf. If I lose water service I always have water on hand. If I need the jar simply empty the water into the water filter and use. Instead of shelves of empty jars store jars of water.

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats a good trick DD.
    I can buy a GALLON of bottled water for £1.40, I have severed stored away, not a lot, its only for maybe the first week of TSHTF once the taps go dry after which I switch to my main water supply which will be filtered and boiled before use.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. DirtDiva
      I buy a bit of bottled water to go into a small cooler for the car/boat if my husband and I are traveling etc. But I also have both a well and spring on my property as well as rain barrels. You just never know and the never put all your eggs in one basket applies here.

DirtDiva, Jun 13, 2022
      Ystranc, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  19. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I will simply get my hand cart and two 6 gallon water jugs and stroll down to the spring to fetch water . Then I will put it through my 4 or 5 gallon water filter system and enjoy . One of my female guests a few days ago was particularly inquisitive , asking about things that we take for granted as every day things such as my wood heating system , solar system , short wave radio system and propane light system . We didn't even venture into the more exotic preparations .

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
  20. paul m

paul m Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Rough shooting in the UK: I have permission over an acreage of field and woodland, to shoot rabbits,pigeons and game birds in season. I just walk them up,along with my Springer Spaniel. Nothing fancy.

21. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I tend to believe the data and I don't give a rats ass what an amateur prepper says about the self life of water when its wrong and not matching the science and the same goes for vaccines, they did a good job, stopped millions more dying but some half baked idiot starts the rumours about how its 'bad' and before you know it a long line of irrational morons believe him and not the proven data.

There is a special flock of sheeple made up of preppers who can't be bothered to seek the truth and follow logic and just believe what they are told and tend to hold blinkered views on many things and this inflexibility would be their downfall if TSHTF.

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that is your opinion and you are welcome to it.
    most preppers make up their own minds and read between the lines where data is concerned. especially "official" data.
    any info provided by the maker of the product is biased at best & needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
    post SHTF or WTSHTF is not the time to start believing the official line, governments and the elite will be too busy covering their own backsides to tell the public the real truth. like during the pandemic.
    as for bottled water, its the same as canned food, in a crisis these stocks will be finite , the real trick is to have an alternative supply .
    oh and as for "amateur preppers" if anyone is an amateur its you, you werent even a believer much less a newbie when you joined this forum, in fact you laughed at the very idea, so you can get off your high horse.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This post concerns fuel shortages; however, prohibitively-high pricing on fuel is also going to result in food shortages. When economies are injured, there are all manner of ripple effects. As a matter of fact, one really learns about the interconnectivity of economic components until there is damage done or when there is war.

"Fourth-generation farmer: ‘Food shortage is coming’"

https://www.newsnationnow.com/on-ba...th-generation-farmer-food-shortage-is-coming/

"After Wall Street’s tumble into a bear market Monday, with rising interest rates sending the S&P 500 more than 20% below its record set early this year, one fourth-generation farmers is warning the worst is yet to come,

“'People are going to see the rising cost of food in their local grocery stores in the coming month,' John Boyd Jr. said during Monday’s edition of 'On Balance with Leland Vittert.'

"Along with a farming background, Boyd Jr. is the president of the National Black Farmers Association and a member of President Bill Clinton’s Tobacco Commission.

"And it goes far beyond the gas pump: Eggs are up 32%, poultry is up 16.6%, milk is up 15.9% and fats and oils are up 16.9 %, Axios reports. Overall, the cost of food is up about 12 % — the largest increase since 1979.

"Boyd went on to explain food staples such as corn, corn syrup and soybeans are all the types of products local farmers produce daily, which, in turn, helps place the major products on shelves that shoppers are accustomed to seeing.

"Inflation, however, makes these deliverables more difficult.

“'The Biden administration that I’ve been urging to take more of a swift action, still hasn’t taken the action I believe thats needed,' Boyd said. 'Farmers are the last person on the totem pole. You may not need a doctor or a lawyer today, but every day in this country, you need a farmer,' he said."

upload_2022-6-17_14-53-15.png

---------------------------------------------------

"Police: Thieves Drilling into Gas Tanks to Steal Fuel in California as Prices Climb"

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/202...-to-steal-fuel-in-california-as-prices-climb/

"The Fontana Police Department in California said Saturday because of skyrocketing gas prices, thieves were drilling into gas tanks to swipe fuel.

"In a social media post, the department acknowledged residents were concerned about the problem and detailed a recent incident ..."

---------------------

Below are some more links to fuel thefts. When I went searching for articles on fuel thievery, I got a tidal wave of articles. One knows that when prices go up, people will do whatever they need to do to get the things they need. But, WOW!, this getting bad now and the prices are only now starting to go up. Wait until gas and diesel double in price -- things are going to go violent.

https://klin.com/2022/03/15/74454/

"Gas thefts are on the rise due to record high prices at the pump.

"During the gas crisis of the 1970’s, thieves would siphon gas right out of the vehicle’s tank. Vehicles now have either a locked gas tank or have an anti-rollover valve between the fuel tank and the filler neck that makes it more difficult.

"Thieves have now come up with another way to get the gas from personal vehicles. Now they are drilling directly into the tank and draining them of every drop."

Finland

https://cmio.org/en/world/687747-in-finland-began-to-steal-fuel-amid-rising-prices

Mexico

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/analysis/high-gasoline-prices-make-fuel-theft-profitable-in-mexico/

U.K.

https://www.news24.com/wheels/news/...uring-holes-in-your-cars-fuel-tank-20220603-2

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61770710

Germany

https://www.carneg.com/2022/04/26/germany-truck-tanks-are-in-the-sights-of-thieves-carneg-com/

https://www.rt.com/news/germany-stability-fuel-price-hike-845/

" ...He talked to a German truck driver who says that the situation has got so bad, that even drivers themselves are being attacked. 'Two weeks ago on the 24th highway heading to Hamburg, [thieves] drilled a hole in the tank,' he told RT. 'But the driver noticed and confronted them. He came out and got beaten up, they even duct-taped his mouth.'”

-----------------------------

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/06/15/fuel-thief-had-ingenious-mechanism-stealing-gas-deputies-say/

"Deputies said they learned 20-year-old Lucas Paul Reyes placed 'skimmer' devices on gas pumps to steal credit card numbers.

"Reyes is then accused of using the stolen credit card information to pump fuel into a pickup truck, which was rigged with a pump on the undercarriage. The 'ingenious mechanism' would transfer the fuel into a bladder in an enclosed trailer, the sheriff said."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- So some think they have plenty of food sitting on the shelves of their local food store , just high priced . Well the above link is something they may want to watch . Are you ready for $12.00 for a dozen eggs in a couple of months from now . Who would sell you a live chicken when things hit that level ? The information from the link is obtained from a U.S. farmer and put out as a warning .

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a larder at least gives someone a back up supply, once the shelves start getting bare its too late to stock up and most people wont do that anyway they just bitch and moan.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Over the next few months those that think they are prepared will get the chance to test their plan . Unfortunately many that proclaimed themselves prepared will find themselves amongst the starving . Then again this is a toss up as to what happens first , A Nuclear war or Starvation .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    it is still debateable whether a nuclear war is survivable in a country the size of Britain, whilst there is nothing in my area of strategic value it wouldnt take many missile to "bracket" Britain.
    it is more likely that talk of nuclear war by Putin , Lavrov and the TV presenters is all a big bluff to stop the West supplying arms to Ukraine, but you can never tell what the Russian intentions actually are, Putin is a bully, a meglomaniac and all things are possible.
    they are also liars, they said they would not invade, then they did.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As preppers we can hope if Putin decides to make good his threat of a Nuke attack , will EMP his targeted countries as to leave its resources intact . In that case all a prepper has to do is survive and enjoy a vastly depopulated planet .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes that would be the better of the nuclear options.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=0a79b03e3c8c44f181ad8065be72349a -- Regardless whether someone gives a cr-- or not what is the plight of the people in Afghanistan this link of the starvation there , gives a look through a window for what is coming for many countries . It will be death on a grand scale in Afghanistan over the growing planet food shortage . The countries ruled by more ethnical people may fare a better fate but what is approaching is comparable to a biblical apocalypse .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Afghanistan is a poor country and the people were always poor, the only crop they had was poppies. its not like they had oil to sell.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    When I joined I had a lot of outdoor /survival skills but did not think of myself as a prepper. A problem with many preppers is the political side of things that get dragged in and thats not really for me so I prepare myself and lad for a time when the grids go down, the internet fails, the shops are empty and I'll worry about the politics then. In the literal sense I am a 'prepper', I'm preparing but I don't go for the peripheral BS that goes with prepping. Am I an amateur? depends on your definition but in terms of survival skills I'm more than likely better qualified than some here and I update my skill base, I won't allow myself to get stuck in a time warp.

paul m and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are two things that muddy the waters so to speak where prepping is concerned, and thats politics and religion, one we cant do anything about (apart from voting) and the other is a personal choice, I always said if I ever started my own forum these are the two topics I would ban from my site.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. paul m

paul m Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    Well you’ve been on plenty of sites - and been banned. So you have experience!

1. TMT Tactical
      And your point is?

TMT Tactical, Jun 20, 2022
  35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Where politics interfaces with prepping is when a political movement does not recognize the right of preppers to exist.

To Leftists, it is repugnant for an individual, family, or group to put back extra stores -- for instance, a large larder of food. If an individual has put back stores of long shelf-life food and some emergency occurs, then a Leftist/collectivist government dictates that any storage supplies must be distributed to the collective, to the masses. In collectivist mentality, wealth in any form belongs "to the people". Thus, Leftist governments impose heavy taxes on land and wages. Ultimately, socialism does not recognize the right of people to own private land. Land belongs to the state and is distributed as the state sees best.

If I must work for the benefit of the masses of dead-beats, what motivation do I have to do a better job? Win some medal? Be recognized by the state as some hero? To hell with that! I want MY economic reward. I want to have more land of I work harder than the masses of people. A far too high percentage of the masses of people are lazy and stupid. They should have zero claim to that for which I have labored.

In absolute democracies, dependent weak personality types have the same vote as those with gumption and brains. Equal distribution of wealth inevitably results in the industrious people being pulled down by the masses. The entire nation becomes poor.

No, people are not equal. Who is valuable? We'll find out.

In free societies, bullies and monopolies must be crushed. There is a valid function of government for you. Another function of government is to aid in the free trade between states -- that is positive. When a country has enemies and potential invaders, the federal government can call upon the states to provide troops to oppose such aggressors. There are always aggressors and so they must be opposed and destroyed -- grim, yet true. (I hate that this is true. I wish that humans were more evolved. I would that all people possessed forethought and moral rectitude. Not true, therefore so many horrible realities with our species.)

Centralized governments that "care for the people", those who rise to the top of the approved political party end up having great power and wealth. They get all manner of perquisites. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". All communist regimes have ended up having their elite few. Again, welcome to the human species. Humans are only human.

Under actual conservative administrations (conservatives seem to always start compromising with the elitist Left; what a shame), one can become wealthy, own land, plus the guns & ammo to secure one's right to vote. Voting ONLY exists when the people possess physical power.

If in a "conservative administration", the government officials glom-up too much power and start acting like dictators, they can be voted out. If they start rigging the elections, they can be forced out by the people's use of their physical power and their personal arms.

Dictators need to be eliminated by any means necessary.

Governments that physically fear the people have a tendency to remain sane. They worry about usurping too much power.

Nowadays, most governments do not fear the people, so they become corrupt beyond all imagining. Plus, they write bad checks -- a.k.a. issue fiat currency.

For instance: The deep state in the USSA is now attempting to put the boot on the neck of the people via inflation, supply shutdowns, fuel shortages, and the banning of firearms (first register, then confiscate). Obviously, they are afraid that Americans will attempt to overthrow Amerika and reinstate the Constitution of the United States of America (which is currently used as toilet paper by god government in D.C..

In sum: It is the ultimate anathema for Leftist regimes and all forms of dictatorship (the ultimate centralization of power) to support preppers / survivalism. "You are a part of the collective. You will share. It is up to government to distribute power and the ownership of all property as the government sees best. You want a firearm? Ask our permission."

If government is powerful enough to "protect" you. It is powerful enough to own you. It's like a man "protecting" his nice "little wife". Women's liberation groups will tell you about being "protected". "Protect" means to own.

Possessing sacred Liberty is not for the faint of heart. Freedom brings with it risk. It is the brave who would be free.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes I have been banned, mostly from British sites who didnt want to hear about the collapse of society, they werent interested in long term planning.. not many Brits are.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Man, I sure do believe that. Seems people are living inside some very delicate bubble. Threaten their bubble and they scream. Some go full tantrum mode. Clinicians would go into analyzing these defensive and denial behaviours. Me, I think that they are being children living inside adult bodies. Challenge a university professor if you want to trigger a monster neurotic tantrum. It's like challenging the dogmas of some born-again preacher. Professors are the priests and bishops of the Church of Liberalism.

Old Geezer, Jun 21, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am not wanting to interfere with any disagreements between members or take sides , but actually find paul m prep level in the UK surprising . I had come to the conclusion what was considered a prepper in the U.K. wasn't near what I am accustomed to . I had also come to the conclusion what was considered very rural in the U.K. was more akin to the population of the outskirts of a city in the U.S. . Admittedly I have never set a foot in the U.K. so my conclusions right or wrong have been drawn from the posts I read on this site . Any misconceptions I may have , I stand ready for correction .

paul m likes this.
  38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "North Dakota AG Investigates Bill Gates Farmland Purchase"

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/north-dakota-ag-investigates-bill-gates-farmland-purchase

"The North Dakota Attorney General's office is investigating a land transaction involving one of the biggest farmland owners in America, billionaire Bill Gates.

"In a letter dated June 21, Attorney General Drew Wrigley's office asked the Red River Trust, an entity connected to Gates, about a recent purchase of a multi-thousand-acre potato farm, according to local news KFYR.

"Wrigley's office informed the trust that all corporations or limited liability companies are strictly 'prohibited from owning or leasing farmland or ranchland in the state of North Dakota' and 'engaging in farming or ranching.'

"AgWeek revealed the trust spent $13.5 million on a 2,100-acre potato farm in Pembina County in November 2021.

"North Dakota AG Commissioner Doug Goehring told KFYR that many people across the state are 'upset' and 'livid' about the billionaire purchasing farmland.

"Over the years, Gates has quietly amassed 270,000 acres of farmland across the country through personal investment vehicles, though still a small slice of the nearly 900 million total farm acres.

"Gates isn't alone. Other billionaires, including Amazon's Jeff Bezos, have recently increased farmland holdings.

"Could this be why billionaires are buying so much farmland?

...."'Bill Gates isn't buying farmland to feed the poor.

...."'So why is he buying it?

...."'A food shortage is the next "pandemic" - and he wants to control it.

...."'— Jeff Harris (@TheVotersSay) June 19, 2022' "

----------------------------------------------

North Dakota may not be the most armed state in the U.S.; however, I'm glad they are armed to the degree they are. Maybe one day they will have to re-take ownership of their own lands. Some outsiders are beyond evil and need to be removed ... by any means necessary.

https://robarguns.com/gun-sales-in-north-dakota

"North Dakota has a population of 752,201. In the year 2020, there were 49,228 firearms sold in North Dakota. That's one firearm sold for every 15.3 people in the state. North Dakota ranks in the #21 position in terms of per capita gun sales, and in the #46 position in absolute firearm sales for the most recent year. For every McDonald’s restaurant in North Dakota there are 15.86 gun dealers."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would remind all members that personal attacks are not allowed on this site no matter who they are aimed at, you are entitled to your opinion but keep your posts polite and on topic. any attacks on members will have the prohibited posts deleted and continual attacks could result in the member being banned from the site.

40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Me, I like living in a country where I'm not told what I can own and that with which I cannot be trusted.

Europe has rules on top of rules. Australia has gotten worse than Europe -- especially during the covid mini-pandemic.

I don't see my government as my Mommy and Daddy. I am my own man. If I defend my home using a firearm, I don't face imprisonment. In Europe, do that and you'll be considered guilty until proven innocent. In England or Europe, criminals are considered as important as productive citizens. "We must understand why they are the way they are!" = B.S.

Criminals can't control their glandular motivations. They are base.

Federal taxes here are lower than in Europe and my home state has no income taxes.

The U.S. has any climate you want. Want to freeze, go to Alaska. Like the desert, move out to Nevada. America can grow all of the food it needs for its own people. In America, people can afford property taxes.

Whoever protects you owns you.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    UK could grow all its own food IF the farmers were left to get on with it but many of the rules dont allow it and many of the big landowners are paid on how much land they own not what they do with it, that has to change.
    peoples food tastes have to change too, we have to get back to eating seasonal food NOT expecting it to be in the shops 12 months of the year because it is shipped in from the other side of the world.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    During a societal collapse, people will do as they want to do, grow what they want to grow. Hopefully the city people will stay put, live or die, whatever.

The wifer and I are living just a little over 100 miles from a hugely population area. Too close. I'm retiring -- finally -- and we're getting out of here. Having zero luck finding property affordable. Maybe we'll move close to where Dirt Diva lives. I know that area somewhat well. The culture there is my own.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  43. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes I know that, talk about stating the bleeding obvious, I was referring to the here and now,
    post collapse all rules will go out the window and we will apply our own rules which may be different to rules now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have sent Old Geezer a message , that may be worth opening .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Here is a fresh made video " about 3 days ago " on the food shortage that is here and rapidly swallowing up society . A quote from the video " UN food chief says hell on earth looms " . Personally I like these doom and gloom videos as it confirms my wise decision to be a prepper . I suppose the unprepared hate them .--- Those whose prepping level only curtailed stuffing some extra food back and then proclaiming " what they WILL do " , in my opinion are doomed to face the reality of hunger and perhaps homelessness .

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  46. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Now here is a video discussing the food that isn't there here in the U.S. . China is buying up huge blocks of prime farm land in the United States and on top of that are buying up food processing plants in the United States so they can grow , process and export to China food to feed the Chinese people thus leaving U.S. grocery store shelves with little food for Americans . There is not any effort to slow down this trend of China carting off Americas food supply .

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      We will nationalize Chinese holdings even as we did during WWII to German-owned industries.
      "If you can't protect it, you don't own it." A deed is a piece of paper. Guns kill.

Old Geezer, Jun 27, 2022
  47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    “Rancher Warns Mass Cattle Deaths Are An ‘Inside Job’ Designed To Cause Food Shortages”

https://en-volve.com/2022/06/17/ran...-inside-job-designed-to-cause-food-shortages/

“’I doubt it very seriously that so many would drop dead all at the same time,’ he told me. ‘In a heat-related incident, they wouldn’t all drop dead at the same time. You would see a few dead at a time, scattered across the herd, but not so many deaths all at once.’

“When I asked him if he thinks these are natural deaths or something more like sabotage, he said, ‘I’m thinking it’s something nefarious.’

“Bovine epidemics can also cause large-scale simultaneous death, but no one is claiming these are bovine epidemic deaths. So that leaves only a couple of possibilities in the realm of sabotage: 1) Poisoning of the water, 2) Directed Energy Weapons (DEW).

“This is on top of over 100 documented cases of arson sabotage of food facilities across the USA. Our research staff has put together the full details on each of these (date, location, facility name, description of the fire incident) and we will be publishing this new, updated list soon.

“It seems as if the illegitimate Biden regime — which was never actually elected into power — wants to create nationwide riots before the mid-term elections so they can justify a declaration of martial law or some other national emergency. They need something big to break so they can try to cancel the elections or force nationwide mail-in voting so they can steal the election results yet again (like they did in 2020).”

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that photo looks like what it was like here back in 2001 when we had the Foot&Mouth outbreak.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Other subtitles:

Bovine getting-in their morning cowisthenics

Olympic-grade cow-tipping

Yoga for cattle

"Damn those space aliens!"

"Gosh, dad, I'm soooo sorry! I could swear that .50 cal of mine did NOT have a round in the chamber ... but, I guess it did."

"Nope, Bob, that weren't no tornado. It were what them thar weather people call a 'micro-burst'. Kilt two people in a Cessna over in Lincoln two year ago, one uv them thar 'micro-bursters' did. "

Fainting cow syndrome

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/webc...pc=U531&cvid=2d8d4915150a446d906ba78a96abee36 --- The link is about the " fall of Ecuador ". As of this moment the government has surrendered to the rioters in their country . The rioters are rampaging about the food crises and general collapse of their society . Because of the upheaval all oil production may seize to exist within 24 hours . -- Expect this to be a pattern followed by other countries , as their citizens realize what is happening . --- It appears the above link is not pulling up the information .

TMT Tactical likes this.