The Coming Starvation

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Mar 25, 2020.

The Coming Starvation 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have heard this about wheat berry before but honestly I know not anything about it . To the best of my recollection I have never seen any in a store or ever ate any . Is this something that is regional " perhaps in Northern U.S. States " ? What is it made of ? How would you cook it ? I am open to different prepping suggestions .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Wheat berries are just basically the whole wheat kernels that then get ground up to make flour. How course or fine the flour depends on your grain mill. I have read in quiet a few places that wheat berries keep much better and for longer than after they are made into flour. Hard red wheat is the type I prefer to get. There are also recipes and porridge dishes that use the actual berries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_berry

https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2020/06/make-own-flour.html

There are shops in Halifax that sell them in 50 up to 100 pound bags. I got my last lot directly from a farmer in the valley.
    You used to be able to get them of Amazon in bulk too but they have been unavailable, in Canada at least, for quite a while.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The 32-20 was a light load that was big enough to drop a deer if you were less than 100 yards and placed your shot well. It is in a similar place that the 357 mag has in lever-action rifles. The 25-20, 32-20, and the 38-40 were popular because you could carry those rounds in both a rifle and a pistol. Nowadays the 9mm and 45acp allow that similar ability as the semiauto has taken the place of revolvers and lever actions as defense weapons that are easy to carry and handy sized. that said the much for a game getter or to take out a bigger animal. Nowadays people are more focused on stopping people than bears or deer.

I have had a long love affair with lever-action rifles. Winchester, Marlin, savage, and Henry are all fun to shoot and I don't know that I prefer any of them over the others. the savage is a more modern design and shoots modern non-rimmed cartridges but the slight gain in velocity and power in their 30 caliber offerings is enough to matter. The Winchester can be had in the 45-70 which is a big bore and put it in a different class if you live in Bear country.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I just read Rebecca’s post and it made me think of one of the things that will be a BIG change for a lot of people in any sort of nationwide disaster that stops shipping. What people in the cities eat has almost nothing to do with what is actually available where they live. Where I live wheat does not grow. I grew up working in rice fields and those don't do well in cold climates. Rice and corn are the grains that grow here, and rice will be a challenge in a post disaster world. These days almost nothing that is common food is something that grows naturally. It isn't that there are not naturally growing things it is just that domestic plants produce a lot more and taste more familiar to most people.

Once things settle down people will return to gardening and farming but in the interim people on the move are going to have to probably adapt an entirely new diet. The store-bought food is going to vanish overnight as people panic and try to all stock up at the same time. You don't want to eat all of your stores when you don't have a clue when the next supply opportunity will come along so you need to start shifting to alternate food sources immediately.You need to know or at least have the books that will allow you to find the naturally growing eatable plants where YOU live and how to prepare them.

People in the past didn't eat a lot of fried or that many baked goods. Canned food is heavy and takes a lot of work to make. We pressure canned a LOT of what we ate when I was a kid and this isn't something that you can always do in uncertain times. When you are traveling you need to eat out of your pot.

I watch these survival shows on TV and one thing that I see people do all the time that is a mistake is to cook meat over the fire. All that grease that is dripping out and into the fire is precious and wasted. Also, when you boil bones they will soften and be eatable. that along with the marrow is in a lot of small animals a major part of their ability to nourish you. There are all sorts of plants that you can add to the pot and this allows you to cook meal sized things. Unless you are set up and prepared to deal with it don't kill a deer. You probably won't be able to eat most of it before it rots and spoils.

Learning how to eat hand to mouth is a matter of KNOWLEDGE. It really isn't hard. All of the animals do it year after year. Other than a very few critters like squirrels, animals don't store food today for hard times tomorrow. Survival, if you are not able to put in a big garden is going to be a hand to mouth existence. Even with a garden unless you know and have the tools to do it is only a short time source of food. LOL, a LOT of what people grow in gardens are not good choices for survival.

A survival garden needs to lean heavily on things that you can store easily. Dried corn, Beans and Peas store well and last a long time. Unless you are set up to can things like tomatoes, many squash and most green vegetables they are hand to mouth foods. Don't plant your survival garden on the same day. If you have 50 tomato plants and all start producing on the same day. You can't eat them all and they don't keep. An old-time food garden comes off in stages. a canning garden comes off in mass.

When I was a kid, we canned a LOT. It was a pleasure to me and something that we did as an extended family. We had three big cast iron washpots and would harvest out of a 25 acre garden and canned tomato, peas, beans cream style corn, vegetable soup and all sorts of sides like peppers, relishes, and sauces. We also froze a lot of things in mass and probably over half of everything that we ate year around was home canned out of the garden and fields. We also butchered a couple of big hogs and a couple of big calves every year for meat. I remember on time when we butchered about a 100-125 chickens one weekend and put them up in the freezers. That was meat for 4 families.

5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    For those that plan to follow a edible plant food guide or some other source proclaiming the edible things laying around free for the taking I will suggest they try them now before things get to the point your life depends on that for survival . I have for fun tried some of that cr-p and some of that stuff will make you hurl up anything you might have . The guys putting these claims out in the form of books or some ridiculous t. v. add have never tried to stomach that stuff themselves but are just passing on some stuff they read somewhere . Also genetics play a role in what someone can tolerate to eat . Some groups of people can eat stuff that would kill someone from another genetic gene pool . When S.H.T. F. is no time to find out you wasted your money on that survival book that a non survivalist sold you . If you can hold down and digest your selected item , ask yourself - is there enough of that stuff laying around for you to survive on ? ---- Seriously those tv guys proclaiming to be some super survivalist wouldn't survive in a real S.H.T.F. scenario that lasted for years unless they changed tactics and had some serious preparations in place at an already established survival retreat that they could get to .

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    lonewolf, DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Where I'm from, it was cornbread. Lotta stuff was made using buttermilk. There was no place to grow wheat in S.Appalachia.

There's some flatland/river-valley land along the Nolichucky river. I've heard tell that some planter did plant wheat in the flats. I think that was in the 1800s. Lord knows that hasn't happened in a forever. My dad's lot were borned and buried along a tributary to that river. My mom's lot lived in the hollers of far Western North Carolina. There were iron mines back in the Tennessee hollers; my dad was borned in a mining camp there. The mountain streams fed the Nolichucky. Davey Crockett's childhood home was near the river.

https://nolichuckyarchaeology.wordp...ttlement-patterns-along-the-nolichucky-river/

The original people (Cherokee) grew corn. My kin originally grew the same corn as the Cherokee. Only later did the tall white / yellow corn show up.

upload_2020-11-23_23-26-8.png

Here are pictures of the Nolichucky. I'll have to find some photos of the valley flatland.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nolichucky+river+valley+tennessee&atb=v140-1&iax=images&ia=images

Finally, dang it, found a photo. This shows tobacco being grown with corn in the background. You can grow ANYTHING in the flat silted soil in the valleys around the Nolichucky; giant fields of commercial tomatoes, commercial pepper fields, and strawberry fields forever. I've picked a many a strawberries. Tobacco sucks all the nutrients out the soil. Wanna grow grass; prep the ground, sow the seeds, cover with wet straw, then cover the straw with tobacco sticks. The sticks hold the straw down and fertilize the bejesus out the dirt. The grass will come up blue-green. As a boy, I knew no other way.

09175363823f88772e0a9fdd8ce95c01.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hand-crank-type wheat/grain grinders:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=crank+whe...le&atb=v140-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

I replaced the word "wheat" with "corn" and got the following results:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=crank+corn+grinders+for+sale&atb=v140-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Maybe somebody will find a "just have to have" grinder within these results. Me, I mainly put back dried rice and beans. Got no wheat stored.

As an adult I came to like some breads; I particularly like German breads, but never made any. Again, my childhood meals were awash in cornbread. In the wheat realm, I liked cathead biscuits soaked in gravy. If you have buttered cornbread and beans to eat, you'll not die -- I am living proof of that. Throw in some pork and you'll smile.

Chicken, you'll never see me order that at a restaurant. Beef, I never learned to like it -- this was some sort of delicacy to my folk. Give me some pork'n'beans, a slice of buttered cornbread and some poke'n'mustard greens and I'm a happy man. Ramps for seasoning, oh yes. Squirrel gravy -- now we're really eatin'!

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Rebecca,

Appreciated reading your post to Poltiregist.

I've been staying in the background on this thread because I know too little.

Still, must ask a question re the mentioned hard red wheat.

Is hard red wheat processed about the same as buckwheat a/k/a/ groats ?

I don't directly work our "grain trade" ... our slang group term for our grains ..., tree nuts and some coffee beans, but need to work on a specific, worst case redeployment in a chilly area.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Been eating a bread made from a type of wheat called Spelt...and it is labeled Spelt Bread.

I am told it is something favorable to Diabetics...but that is not why I get it. I just like it.

It comes from a bakery out in Midlothian, Virginia and I get loaves when I am out there and freeze them.

Oh...and you have to eat it quickly as it has no preservatives in it.

Spelt | Prairie Grain Bread Company

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    modern flour is too refined post SHTF we will need to use such flour as Spelt which is what we use in our house.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    If we are discussing from harvesting in the field onwards then I am not certain.
    I do know both red wheat and buckwheat (which is actually not a wheat, more of an oat I believe) can be ground into a flour. The red wheat purchased in bulk is hulled but you probably have to sift the buckwheat flour after grinding to remove large hull pieces.

The buckwheat has more fiber and is good for making things like pancakes, pasta and noodles.
    Red wheat has more protein and makes lovely dense loaves of bread. If you want light fluffy breads then you need white wheat. That said really all the above and including grains such as rye are interchangeable especially in a survival situation. They won't all taste and look the same. Some make dense food and some fluffy. But all will make bread or pasta or pancakes or even hardtack lol.

12. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Some years back I tired of light breads....nothing really there. Got to eating heavier breads....they stick to your ribs more than the light breads.

Just had toast with my coffee from something called 12 grain bread....and it is heavy compared to most white breads. I alternate this bread with the Spelt..

Same thing with corn flakes and such. Switched back to Oatmeals....they stick to your ribs better than corn flakes.

I love a good oatmeal cookie...a bit crunchy on the outside but a bit softer on the inside...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Rebecca,

Appreciate this info. Thank you.

Will be working on a rapid completion "skunk works" project with my group's newly apointed baker, farmer, "grain trade"-ologist.

Believe so; buckwheat, a/k/a groats is not a wheat.

I grew up on buckwheat, corn and rice.

Now, anything from above are considered delights.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have had zero luck with storing cornmeal. Others have had success. I will let them speak.

I guess it goes without saying that you will have to toss-in O2 absorber packs into whatever sealed containing device you use.

In the South, we'd send cornmeal "Care Packages" to kin who traveled to Yankee-Land to work the steel mills. Up north, used to it was VERY difficult to find decent corn meal or any corn meal at all.

https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/facpub/29/

Water-wheel stone mills in the South were part of the life-blood of communities and industry (such as moon-shining). One planted corn, beans and pumpkins all together.

Three Sisters

https://www.thoughtco.com/three-sisters-american-farming-173034

By God, let me tell you something, using some form of Three Sisters used to be the way, the truth, and the light up in the hollers. The original people taught the whites how to do this. In partnerships such as the Watauga Association, they taught us the ways of nature and we traded iron products for furs and knowledge and local women to marry. They needed quality knives and axes. Things worked out fine until the greedy white city people began to invade. We fought among ourselves and the natives fought among themselves and we fought the natives and the natives fought us; however, some sort of wild and woolly symbiosis came about (until the city sh##s got involved).

Might toss the chickens some grain, but those girls better be good at eating bugs -- ain't no shortage of bugs in S.Appalachia. I hope God has no special fondness for chickens cause I've et Jesus-only-knows how many of them. Now hawgs SHOULD be killed for they are mean.

https://myappalachianlife.blogspot.com/2019/08/multi-cropping-small-plots-in.html

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I love jams and jellies. Long story short, why not put your favorite jam or jelly in a mason jar and pour atop it your survival whiskey. Many preppers are putting back very high proof rum and other alcoholic beverages -- why not flavor it with nutritious, great-tasting jams.

I have found that blackcurrant preserves out of England make super-duper flavorings for American Gin -- American gin whiskeys run high in citrus and spice and low in juniper. The American gin New Amsterdam, is very low, if not zero, in juniper. As an American, I like New Amsterdam gin. The people of England would absulutely HATE it. There are whiskeys out of England and especially out of Scotland that are infused with the divine blackcurrant berries.

My eldest son bought some blackcurrant jam out of England and I just love it. It is made by Wilkin & Sons.

https://www.esajee.com/tiptree-black-currant-jam.html

I could do a commercial for this jam. I absolutely love it! Therefore, I dollop this into the bottom of a mason jar and pour my favorite gin atop. Yum-yum good AND I do not even know how long it will last -- God knows that the alcohol kills the bacteria.

Blackcurrant berries are HIGH in vitamins and minerals the body needs. Indeed, they have been a part of folk medicine forever. Therefore, this makes for a prepper item to store. A prepper may wish to flavor their survival ETOH with the jam or jelly they most favor. One can flavor a 151 rum with a berry jam of their choosing. Then in a SHTF situation, this can be watered down with filtered/treated water and be made into a medicinal drink ; use in combination with guaifenesin syrup or tablets (prevents fluids building up in the lungs).

Blackcurrant health benefits:

https://www.healthline.com/health/health-benefits-black-currant#boosts-immune-system

https://www.healthline.com/health/health-benefits-black-currant#boosts-immune-system

On and on, blackcurrant berries promote one's health. And, by god, they taste GREAT!

Excellent expectorant, guaifenesin:
    https://www.drugs.com/mucinex.html

Herbalists and physicians recommend guaifenesin along with getting your vitamins from fruits and vegetables.

Put back egg noodles and tomato paste (for pizza and spaghetti). They too promote immune health. Canned properly, they last on and on. Use oxygen absorbers in the jars in which you store pasta noodles.

These are simple measures everyone can take to preserve food to get you through the coming hard-times.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    My 2 favorite survival products in a tincture are:

- Mao Tai survival medicine made from sorghum
    and
    - Canadian apple juice that's both fermented and distilled.

Both have a shelf life well beyond my vital signs registering on instruments.

For those just starting out, Elizabeth Taylor, when married to US Senator John Warner, consumed Wild Turkey brand of a drink. This company also makes a product with same base adding a honey component.

I am now in the mood for some orange dundee preserves on a toasted English muffin.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      "orange dundee preserves"
      OK, new item on grocery list.

Old Geezer, Dec 24, 2020
  18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I never really thought about jelly being a prepper item but no doubt is . I can't recall ever finding an old and gone bad jar of jelly . Here we do buy some jellies but the most coveted is home made . Our two favorites is derived from red crabapples and from muscadines . We have our own muscadine vineyard of red and green muscadines . We occasionally share some home made jelly with neighbors on our dead end road . They seem astonished at the excellent flavor from the home made jellies .

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Home-made jams and jellies keep their flavonoids. Industrial processing of foods can harm food vitamin and flavonoid content. Industries MUST follow federal guidelines -- this is not an "evil industry" situation. This is the Food and Drug Administration going authoritarian to the max. Home canners kill the bacteria in preserved foods, but do not have to add all of the food industry chemicals that industry is mandated to use.

Old Geezer, Dec 24, 2020
      poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I wish there were charities who provided provisions only to those who lost their jobs due to government mandates. These folk are some of the true victims of the Chinese bio-warfare attack against Western nations. China also ramped up their war by getting their fellow-travelers within central governments to shut-down their countries' economies.

Call me cold, however my heart simply does not go out to hungry handout seekers who are morbidly obese and driving a $40k SUV. My people had to live within their means, so do the wife and I.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning with holiday greetings on this safe Christmas morning, Old Geezer,

I have the same philosophy; will never load a bag of groceries into a GMC Yukon, a Ford Expedition, and related situation indicators.

I'm governed by:

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    According to the common since show on YouTube . Meat packing plants are shutting down in the U.S. . Note not slowing down as we have seen over the last months but "shutting down " . This is a recent broadcast . The year 2021 , the year of the prepper .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its one thing taking free food in the good times, what about WHEN TSHTF, what are they going to do when there is no free food? starve I hope. serve them right.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "2021 The Year of the Prepper"! I love it!!!:cool:

25. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/v6q9jAhV5bZD/ Starvation ? Somewhere back remember trying to get our preppers to stock up on fertilizer . According to the above video we are now arriving at the fertilizer shortage . When the big boy farmer can't get fertilizer you can expect back yard gardeners to be cut off and not be able to get it . We saw a situation like this a few years back where only the large commercial farmers could get seeds but the backyard gardener was denied seeds . The same thing will happen with fertilizer . Now though it appears in some cases even the big time farmers can't get fertilizer .

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe gardeners will learn the superiority of composted manure over industrial fertilizer. We never use the industrial stuff. This is why the dirt in my garden is near totally black in color. Water? Roof run-off into catch barrels.

When we were living in the Midwest grain belt, during the fertilizing weeks, the smell of manure would get sickeningly bad. It's a whole lot cheaper to use your hogs' poop than buy industrial fertilizer. There's no shortage of hogs out there and one thing is for sure, those critters fill up holding ponds with their poop.

In tobacco country, the use of industrial fertilizer is extraordinarily high. Why does smoking result in lung cancer? Industrial fertilizer uses minerals from quarries. What is also in quarried minerals? Answer: radioactive polonium.

In the 1800s, farmers used concentrated nicotine as their insecticide.

"POLONIUM-210: A VOLATILE RADIOELEMENT IN CIGARETTES"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14078362/

"Polonium-210, which emits alpha particles, is a natural contaminant of tobacco. For an individual smoking two packages of cigarettes a day, the radiation dose to bronchial epithelium from Po(210) inhaled in cigarette smoke probably is at least seven times that from background sources, and in localized areas may be up to 1000 rem or more in 25 years. Radiation from this source may, therefore, be significant in the genesis of bronchial cancer in smokers."

O.Gzr: OK, here's the deal, it's worse than the article above lets-on. If a person is a two pack a day smoker, they get the equivalent of 30 to 40 chest x-rays per year. Right now, I can't go into the details of why this is true -- that would take a few paragraphs to write and I'm too lazy to get into it. Gosh, I feel bad today.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Millions of people will starve to death...but in most cass it won't be a total lack of food that they will die from. Most people have only the vaguest idea of where food really comes from and what is food versus what is not food when you take away the boxes and cans.

Food once most of the people die will not be much of a problem in places like where I live. Understand, there are places that are DEATH TRAPS. We have built mega-cities in places that couldn't feed 5000 people. Las Vegas jumps to mind. LA and NYC will be deadly. Neither has water without pumps pumping water from hundreds of miles away. MILLIONS of people with no imports of food or water is going to be a horror beyond imagining.

I figure they will have about a week to ten days before things like cannibalism rears its ugly head. Even before that the scum of these places that are barely kept in check now by the police and the many giveaways will be looting and killing. They will be stealing things that will have no real use in a world where over half the people are already dead and the other half are struggling to survive. Gold and diamonds won’t feed you, keep you warm, or put a roof over your head. They will make you a target though.

People in the US are massively dependent on grains. We eat wheat and corn in more ways that you realize. Corn comes to you as both a meat and a grain. Cattle are sold by the pound and feeding corn and grains to a weaned calf puts money in the ranchers pocket. Look at the ingredients on things and most will have some level of grain. Raising grains without either mechanical assistance or with trained animals is a back breaking and mostly losing misery. Between uncertain weather, animals, insects, and other people raiding your fields, you will work long hours every day and still be hungry.

There is reason why in the past horse thieves and cattle thieves were hung if caught and shot on sight. A lot of people, even now, prefer to steal or ride the welfare roles rather than break a sweat working. What do you think these entitled pieces of crud are going to do when the welfare checks stop. This is why I consider lots of good weapons and plenty of ammo and more than just a couple of people will needed to work and PROTECT a decent sized farm. In places like Great Britain I recommend both a good compound bow AND a good re-curve bow and a lot of arrows. I feel for you, even bow hunting is illegal there. I assume you can target shoot but don’t know.

I also encourage people to not forget the old school weapons that were king until the advent of the repeating rifles. I own and love an assortment of axes, hatchets, tomahawks, Swords, machetes, and big freaking knives. I also have and play with slingshots both the rubber band sort and the kind that David used on Goliath.

The nice thing about the primitive weapons is that with a little work you CAN make your own. We will be way ahead of primitive people. Car and truck springs offer you a great start on weapons and tools and they will be everywhere.

The last line of worthwhile defense is dirt cheap. Get a big roll of 4 to 6 pound test mono-filament fishing and some cheap little bells. You can put this around a camp sight or garden and get a warning of visitors at night. Low for critters on four legs or higher for the two legged critters. I have used these a bunch of times. Set them about a foot off the ground for critters and about two or three feet for people.

1. Old Geezer
      ... Especially clean water!!! How could anyone over-emphasize this need of humans?!
      Weaponry? As you mention, compound bows and LOTS of extra arrows. Same with crossbows and bolts. Subsonic ammunition also comes to mind. Target .22 LR ammo is quite quiet. The .22 LR 60 gr bullet "Sniper" ammo has a tendency to keyhole = massively inaccurate. I also keep bunches of .22 LR that is only 700 fps. One does not have to blow-up a rabbit or squirrel; and if you blow one up, how are you going to eat it?! Thus, pellet rifles leap to mind -- both .177 and .22.

Old Geezer, Nov 3, 2021
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Any attenuation of supply-lines to megalopolises will result in starvation and rioting.

Gonna happen.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Disease will be a big killer when the main services shut down, how are people who are used to showering every day, sometimes several times a day going to keep clean?
    hygiene will definitely suffer.
    Cholera, Typhoid and other diseases always occur after major catastrophes especially in large urban settlements.

TexDanm and TMT Tactical like this.
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Cities are enormous poop factories. With no sewage service, the odor cities will give off after only a week will be unbearable.

Then the cholera and typhus.

This is the result of garbage strikes; now imagine no sewage service!

upload_2021-11-4_8-26-55.png

upload_2021-11-4_8-27-28.png

31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    people will die from lack of water (or drinking bad water) long before they will die of starvation.

Brownbear, Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  32. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    On fox news tonight , confirmation of the link I posted above being at least somewhat valid . There is indeed a problem with commercial fertilizer availability and the expected result being a possible food shortage .

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife got bored and ventured out to a town today . She reported the grocery store she visited had a lot of bare shelves where canned goods were suppose to be . Either they had a delivery failure or people are beginning to wipe out items with a long shelf life .

Brownbear, Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  34. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we did our monthly big shop last Wednesday, no supply problems and no empty shelves, in fact the shelves looked fuller this time than the time before.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. DirtDiva

DirtDiva Master Survivalist
      285/345

Blog Posts:
    I can confirm that a family member owns a commercial crop spraying service in the Midwest and on last conversation that shortage has existed all last season. They were unable to source not only fertilizers but many pesticides. Not only a shortage of these things but in some cases the suppliers had the chemicals but were unable to get containers or lids to ship them out.

On a home gardening scale I personally struggled with restocking sprays such as Neem oil, pyrethrin and Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) all organically approved in this country in moderation. While I was able to get organic fertilizer additives commercial fertilizer availability was hit and miss.

Also on a home gardening scale seeds were scarce latter in the season so if you did not stock very early many were unavailable. Nursery stock such as fruit trees and berry bushes sold out almost immediately with massive backorders.

I am so thankful that I have most of the gardens in and producing prior to this mess and also produce most of my own seeds. I also am thankful to have the capability to graft my own fruit trees and such as long as I can get scion wood and root stock.

36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most wild plants here are only edible in the Spring, later in the year they are coarse and hard and tasteless.
    fruits are usually picked in the Autumn.

37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here's an article on supply chain breakdown, specifically concerning the seaport monster-backlog going on at the seaports in Los Angeles. This is but one example. Due to Western Nations becoming dependent on technology bottlenecks, the least problem turns into a HUGE problem. When anything whatsoever goes sideways, the house of cards gets blown away.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vi...ail&utm_term=0_31b4d09e8a-d1fa1b9b4d-44234197

"As of November 2, 2021, the Port of Los Angeles reported that it had 93 vessels waiting in queue. Altogether, these ships have a maximum carrying capacity of roughly 540,000 containers (commonly measured in twenty-foot equivalent units or TEUs).

"On the other side of the equation, the port processed 468,059 import containers in September (the most recent data at the time of writing). Because the port does not operate on Sundays, we can conclude that the port can load roughly 18,000 containers each day."

upload_2021-11-6_14-27-57.png

[​IMG]

38. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Truckers in the United States now plan to follow the Canadian Truckers example of true patriotism . They plan to converge on Washington D.C. . A couple of million dollars has been raised toward this starve them out ploy . Source Fox News on Tucker Carlson . A few months of grocery stores being basically shut down is a wonderful idea from this preppers perspective .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    upsetting the ordinary folk wont help the cause.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Update - reportedly the U.S. Truckers now have close to 7 million dollars raised to keep their protest to the Democrat Communism at bay . More money is coming in from patriots that rather have empty shelves over living with our dictatorial style government . The planned convergence on Washington D.C. is March 1 st . It looks like this shut down will be funded enough to shut down the supply chain for a long , long time . Hurrah , I will enjoy watching the sheep when their store shelves run bare .

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      It is time to fight back with Peaceful protests. Our bodies, our choice.

TMT Tactical, Feb 8, 2022
      poltiregist likes this.
  41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    We've already seen how the masses will behave during the lockdowns, they will panic if the food isnt in the shops.

poltiregist likes this.
  42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Here in the U.S. deranged fantasy brained Democrats in California have drastically slowed down the supply chain coming from the ocean ports of that state by passing ridiculous laws inhibiting many big rig trucks from operating in that state . So trucker simply refuse to drive in the state even if they could legally do so . Now with deraigned Biden and his chosen transportation secretary " Bootygiger " they have slowed down the supply chain substantially even farther . --- On the Northern Boarder Canadian Truckers have blocked the highways leading into the U.S. stopping a big flow of shipments from Canada . -- Now U.S. truckers have plans for further stopping the supply chain . A big ocean port is located in Florida and there is only one main highway going in and out of that state . A blockage of that highway would stop nearly all goods coming through that state . A triple pincher movement could easily be reality . Two of the three are already in place .--- Those that plan to simply buy a few extra days of food and then wait for the government to save them , will be fun for preppers to watch . Some that seem to be looking forward to shooting a starving thief may get their chance .

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  43. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Food Crisis Imminent: Hungary Bans All Grains Exports Effective Immediately"

"Friday, Mar 04, 2022 - 01:26 PM"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/russia-recommends-fertilizer-makers-halt-all-exports

"(Update 1:25pm ET) - Those who have it, are no longer giving it away, and those that don't will soon find themselves in the middle of an epic food crisis.

"Just hours after we reported that Russia effectively banned exports of fertilizers, moments ago Hungary - one of Europe's most grain rich nations - has circled the wagons and realizing which way the wind is blowing, just announced that it will banning all grain exports effective immediately, in a statement .

"Expect wheat prices, already at record highs, to promptly double from here in the next few weeks as the world realizes the extent of the global food crisis that is coming."

44. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Old Geezer beat me to posting basically the same thing . However I will add , this isn't just a matter of higher food prices . This is a matter of X amount of food being available for a X amount of people . Some people will be having to try to survive on less food . At least spring is on the horizon and some are located where they may be able to grow a garden . City folks are just out of luck and many will know the pains of hunger .

DirtDiva, TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  45. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Four Horsemen have galloped into town and still people are just not willing to awaken

The Russians are shelling nuclear reactors, but isn't that just a bit of radioactive fallout among friends.

People can't think past what's happening on television right now, this hour.

The sheeple can't/won't consider that an unlimited number of dominoes are now starting to tip. "Oh, all that crap is on the other side of the Earth. I'm going to go switch-on Hulu." Go watch Hulu? Three days ago, a person said that to me. No sh##, at work we were talking about grim world events and then she said that she couldn't think about it and was just going to go home after work and see what was on Hulu.

Food, fuel, electric power, a roof over one's head are all on the line right now. When people do react, they say things like, "Well, there's nothing we can do about it." Worse, they'll say that the people in charge will just have to care of matters.

I hear mooing. I smell cow sh##.

It would all be a fascinated psychology experiment to watch, however the chaos these idiots are going to start, stand to impact my family. You just can't get far enough away.

46. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/loL6E9hjv0MD/ --- This is a video on the looming " food rationing " across the globe . Actually looming may be optimistic . No this isn't just about higher prices . It is about being able to obtain food to sit on your table .

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Food Rationing? nope, not unless the Ukraine war becomes a European war, which is possible but not immediately.
    anyway there are some people waddling down the streets of major cities these days who could do with a bit of food rationing.

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  48. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Not only do I like this video, I feel that all preppers must view it.

Emergency powers given to government by government state that in an emergency, farm lands can be taken-over by the government. Food rationing is a monumentally powerful weapon to control the masses.

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/jIzcTzKPOws2/

https://greenstories.co.in/war-and-food-crisis-in-europe/

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/eu-predicts-pain-farmers-consumers-ukraine-crisis-2022-02-28/

---------------------------------------------------------

Here's another must-read article:

"Could The Global Energy Crisis Lead To Food Rationing In The West?"

https://richieallen.co.uk/could-the-global-energy-crisis-lead-to-food-rationing-in-the-west/

Article quotes in color Blue:

Writing in today’s Telegraph, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard claims that the energy crisis which has worsened due to the war in Ukraine, could ultimately lead to food rationing in the UK.

Evans-Pritchard points out that the supply of grain was already squeezed before Russia invaded Ukraine. He writes:

The world faces what amounts to a commodity “black swan” across the gamut of primary resources. Oil, gas, coal, and the “ags” are all spiraling higher together, with metals catching up fast. It is a systemic stagflation shock, an intractable problem for central bankers.

The world faces what amounts to a commodity “black swan” across the gamut of primary resources. Oil, gas, coal, and the “ags” are all spiraling higher together, with metals catching up fast. It is a systemic stagflation shock, an intractable problem for central bankers.

It acts like a war reparations tax on the economies of importing nations and is ultimately contractionary.
    Unlike the West, China is prepared.

It has been stocking up for months and currently holds 84pc of the world’s copper reserve, 70pc of its corn, and 51pc of its wheat.
    “China has bought enormous quantities of US soy in recent weeks,” said Rabobank. One might ask if Xi Jinping knew something in advance.

The financial services company Rabobank has warned that the supply problem will worsen significantly if Ukrainian farmers don’t plant significant quantities of corn next month.

There is no reason for the UK (or Ireland for that matter) to fear a grain shortage. We have the most fertile lands in the world and the perfect climate to grow all we need and then some. We’d be putting tens of thousands of people to work in healthy and sustainable jobs too.

Naturally, this won’t happen. The UK hasn’t really left the EU and Boris Johnson and Keir Starmer dance to the same tune as Ursula von der Leyen, the President of the EU Commission.

Food shortages leading to food rationing is an inevitability. Will that be the red line for those who blindly obeyed their governments during the Covid scam?

I doubt it.

49. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife wisely stored up flour months ago . She is a big a prepper as I am . To some all the stacks of canned goods along the kitchen wall that she went out and bought over the years would seem ridiculous .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Farmers over here are being told unofficially, Sod growing trees and all these eco rules, plough up every bit of land you can and grow FOOD, at least in this county they are. its a bit like they did in WW2.