The Coming Starvation

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Mar 25, 2020.

The Coming Starvation 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The coming food shortages attending to the Russian invasion of Ukraine I see as turning into multiple monstrosities.

Of course there is the matter of European, African, Middle East countries being affected immediately; however, I see all of this cascading into what many would think an impossible world situation.

These food and fuel shortages are inevitably going to result in FAR more deaths that the covid epidemic. Plus, the people who are going to perish will not just be the elderly and people with ongoing disease processes. The young and healthy are going to die.

Overt starvation could happen in Africa. Actually this is very likely given the stack of vicissitudes that had already occurred prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

These food and fuel shortages will trigger wars between nations and civil wars within nations. All across this planet, conflicts were already teetering on the verge of shooting wars. The coming food shortages and the reaction of countries to them will be the tipping points to many conflicts.

In the Middle East, there is the high potential for nuclear war.

North Korea could attack South Korea. Its missiles can reach America's west coast.

America was looking at lower crop yields before the Russian attack. This, due to the biden admin's attacks on America's fuel industry. This administration actually shut down pipelines = brain damage. These green policies were going to result in dead brown corn and wheat fields. Now the situation is FAR worse.

Normally, if the world suffers a food shortage hither-thither, then the USA, Russia, and Ukraine would simply push production. Russia and Ukraine are now out of the picture and the U.S. will NOT be able to address the coming food shortage disasters.

All countries around the world are just going to be on their own.

The U.S. will also be unable to come to the aid of countries who could be attacked. The Obama "administration" damaged U.S. military capabilities such that we can no longer fight a two-front war. Trump didn't make up for all of the damage Barry Soetoro caused.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/u-s-military-no-longer-able-to-fight-two-wars-at-same-time/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...08ddbc-ff84-11eb-825d-01701f9ded64_story.html

China will now have all manner of excuses to attack and take territory. Is there anyone who can oppose their doing so? Nope.

And here's a rare little (BIG) tidbit; how will the U.S. build-back its military without integrated circuit manufacture:

"Ukraine supplies 90% of U.S. semiconductor-grade neon"

https://venturebeat.com/2022/02/24/...rade-neon-what-it-means-to-chip-supply-chain/

"Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, experts warn that the conflict could impact the global chip industry and exacerbate current chip shortages.

"According to research firm Techcet, Ukraine supplies more than 90% of the U.S.’s semiconductor-grade neon, a gas integral to the lasers used in the chip-making process, while Russia supplies 35% of the U.S.’s palladium supply, a rare metal that can be used to create semiconductors.

"While the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) argues 'the semiconductor industry has a diverse set of key materials and gases, so we do not believe there are immediate supply disruption risks related to Russia and Ukraine,' the long-term impact of the conflict remains unclear.

"With such a high amount of the U.S.’s semiconductor-grade neon supplied by the Ukraine, the conflict is placing increasing pressure on a supply chain that’s already made it difficult to source chips for hardware and enterprise applications throughout the pandemic."
    ---

Old Gzr: "the long-term impact of the conflict remains unclear." B.Sht., looks pretty d###ed clear to me!

--------------------------------------

We here in the States were already looking at food shortages and HIGH prices due to supply chain issues. Think we're in any position to be the nation to whom the world can turn?! Uh ... no!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/perfect-storm-supply-chain/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...g-inflation-supply-chain-shortage/6450679001/

-----------------------------------------------

And there's more. There's more than people can anticipate. All manner of "impossible" things are going to happen and they are not going to be good.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    back in the day when I was growing up we in the UK ate what was in season, and if it wasnt in season we didnt have it to eat, stuff is now shipped in from all over the world, people have got too high an expectation, they will have to lower that expectation, as far as cooking oil whats wrong with Lard or Beef Dripping? we grow Rapeseed in this country, the fields are yellow with it every year.

3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=5df9ad6d74594725baa4b764ee09283d With the U, S. now fallen , by the November 2020 political rigging by Democrats it has had implications around the globe . Russia seized the opportunity to invade Ukraine . China is contemplating invading Tiwan and now as the above link hints at North Korea is contemplating invading South Korea . There is not enough food for the planet's population . North Korea's people were already starving before the U.S. fell but now because of actions in the U.S. things have gotten worse for the planet . War by Democrats on oil production in the U.S. has had it's consequences , such as fertilizer shortages . Now even the political leaders of countries across the planet are admitting , " they have lost control " of the food supply availability . Leader usually just lie about negative facts but this time they are simply trying to tamp it down and call the " coming starvation " a food shortage . -- As of this moment we are seeing mass migrations as a result . Multiple families living in one structure is more common , comparable to the U.S. Great Depression . Land for sale is scarce and expensive in Republican run states . People are fleeing Democrat run states to Republican run states for refuge . This post could fall under multiple thread titles on this forum , such as the " Collapse of Civilization " . -- What we are witnessing is a "slow collapse of civilization " as we have known it . -- In my opinion the " only hope " for a reversal of the planet's Delima is if those with a sane brain regains control of the U.S. . Considering how the U.S. last presidential election was rigged , it is not a question as to whether Democrats will try to rig the next election , but only if will they succeed . --- Preppers whose survival plan included growing their own food , I hope are fulfilling their plan this year . The food scarcity is just beginning.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Old Geezer, Apr 4, 2022
  4. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    1. Old Geezer
      I'm watching the news out Europe also. I don't think that the hoi polloi will believe how nasty all of this is going to get until they actually get kicked in the throat. "This can't be happening!:eek:"

Hey man, it actually is. How's things in Wonderland now, Peter Pan?!

[​IMG]

Old Geezer, Apr 4, 2022
  5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- This is another good video by Christian on " Iceagefarmer " . This video depicts the deliberate effort by world leaders to usher in a famine . --- What OldGeezer and I discussed somewhere on this forum about making raising chickens illegal " something we were both skeptical of being true " as it turns out " is indeed true " . This is discussed on the above link . A term coined " guerilla farming " is also discussed on the link .

6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    What I fail to understand is , if someone doesn't have the physical ability or piece of dirt they can dig up and create a garden with a reasonable expectation of being able to reap its bounty , it appears to me they could find a spot to raise a few rabbits to eat . They make little noise and can be feed vegetation . Failing to do anything except hoard a bit of food just will not suffice . We can reasonably expect the food crises to last at least another 2 1/2 years as we are only a little over one year of the 4 year reign of the Democrats . Even after the 4 year Democrat reign has run its course the subsequent years or foreboding as whether the voting tally will be for real next time or so much damage done by their present 4 year reign that it will only leave havoc and starvation in its wake . ---It is an open secret why the Democrats have opened up the U.S. southern boarder . They have calculated most of the immigrants will vote for free handouts thus vote Democrat . Looking at their dismal polls they are now going to push for more immigrants to illegally inter the U.S. before the next presidential election . This collapse of the U.S. is also effecting the entire planet . --- But back to my main point , preppers need to prepare for multiple bleak years ahead . A hutch of rabbits is better than nothing .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    1. Old Geezer
      Man, if you look-up phrases such as "mini-garden" or "apartment garden", you'll get dozens or maybe even a hundred links. Youtube has videos with step-by-step instructions. Think about all of those sloths who won't work but grow monster loads of pot hydroponically. My small garden puts out loads of veggies.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Old Geezer, Apr 4, 2022
  7. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ng-global-food-shortage-should-chill-you-core --- Another confirmation on the starvation facing the planet . This is a read not a video , listing the causes of the coming famine . Perhaps some of our members may find some of my previous posts on this topic insulting . That is not my intent . My intent is to push people into preparing for what is ahead . This isn't a matter " if " starvation is coming over the next months and likely years . It is a matter of how bad is it going to get and which portion of the earth's population are going to turn into walking skeletons and eventually die . -- I feel for those that didn't sacrifice their niceties and buy that rural survival retreat . Those that have good rural property should be able to raise their own food . --- This is akin to knowing a asteroid is about to hit the planet and people just walk around ignoring its approach .--- The prospect of a full nuclear war is here . Starvation danger from what has already happened is much higher on the scale . We could see both .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Quote from article above:

"We have been warned over and over again that this day was coming, and now it is here."

9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    During the 1970s, there were all manner of predictions of global famine if the world's human population growth wasn't slowed radically. The population boom kept on truckin'. So why wasn't there famine? We technologised our way out of it. (I just created a word there; "technologized"; sorry.)

We now have high-tech farming, genetically-enhanced food plants, and we utilized LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of fertilizer. Great?! Yes, but now, NO.

We have 8,000,000,000 people on the planet and the very mechanisms by which all of these people were being fed has now taken a direct hit amidships.

If you live anywhere on this planet, you will be affected. It will not be in a good way.

Even if one lives where agriculture is the economic cornerstone, you will be told to share. This will not be any pleasant request. If you haven't already gotten ready, then I don't know what to say.

10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://thewashingtonstandard.com/doomsday-preppers-were-right/ - Notice the link title -"preppers were right " ---A quote from the link " most people still don't seem very alarmed this frustrates me , because this is not a false alarm " . another quote - " We are heading into a complete and total nightmare , and I wish I could get more people to understand this . "

11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Preppers" are just people with common sense and who are well informed of human nature as it actually manifests itself.

You'll rarely, if ever, hear a prepper say, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if ..."

And older preppers have been prepping forever. We didn't just start recently based on things beginning to go sideways on Earth. Shoot, one could call our ancestors "preppers". Were you to go back in time and say to them, "Did you know that you are preppers," you would get some strange looks or mean looks from them. "What did you just call me?!"

The wifer and I have engaged in prepping activities since the 1980s. We had little kids and were not going to gamble on the world sitrep staying all rosy and sweet. Gardening and guns were no special topics amongst my clan. Bad days were the norm in our family histories.

So now it comes to pass that the crap really is, honest-to-God, hitting the fan. We're hearing that we preppers were right in our "crazy" actions.

We take zero pride in that. You'll not see us going out and telling people, "I told you so!"

We are still busy. "They" can go off somewhere else. Or else, they'll learn about how we actually did put back ammunition.

12. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Those whose plan is to sneak onto their neighbors property to hunt wild game or engage in cattle rustling may soon get to put their plan in action . If their neighbors are anything like most rural folks , they will leave such individuals out for buzzard food . --- Those that plan to dine on bugs and worms may want to at least stock up on plenty of hot sauce to season it with .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    my WW2 era parents would these days be called preppers, to them it was just common sense.
    I have tried to live my life, at least the adult part of it, in a similar manner, many times I have run out of money, but I never ran out of food .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the vast majority of city dwellers in the UK wouldnt know what to do with a freshly killed game animal and they certainly couldnt butcher a cow, at the first sight of blood they will run away screaming, they are probably all Woke vegetarians anyway!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Immigrants from the Middle East and North Africa know all about slaughtering. They are also well-versed in how to travel thousands of miles to get what they want.

https://eprints.lse.ac.uk/76471/1/R... Britain _ Religion and the Public Sphere.pdf

> 650,000 ?????

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2017/02/how-many-illegal-immigrants-are-uk

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    so you keep saying, dosent make it fact.
    your quotes (650,000) are 6 years out of date and old news. your very good at quoting out of date UK news. this isnt the first time.
    the migrants coming through Europe all pay people smugglers to get them over borders and across the English Channel, many of them die trying, its not safe and its not easy, many remain on the European continent for years without success, usually in appalling conditions.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      So if the data is old, then you have a whole lot more of them now. Or, they went back home. Maybe that's what happened.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
      Old Geezer, Apr 7, 2022
    2. Old Geezer
      They travel hundreds of miles just to get to the smugglers ... then, they are xported via vehicle and ship.

Old Geezer, Apr 7, 2022
  18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    My just in case flock of chickens has now turned into an important food source for our group . The government sealed off and gassed chickens and turkeys , killing thousands upon thousands . Now coolers in supermarkets are void of chickens and turkeys . Eggs are either non-attainable or goes to those willing to pay the most . My effort to predict the future and focus on the correct preparations appears to have been right on target .

19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for bringing up the diseases infecting these birds. And so many losses!!!!! Holy crap!!!!

People do not consider news items such as this. Yet, plagues among our livestock have HUGE effects on our economy.

When shopping for meat, the reality of these losses sure slams the hoi polloi in the face at the cash register!

On a side-note, I just day-before-yesterday bought several cans of corned beef to add to our pantry. My wife doesn't like it, but I sure do. The expiration dates were in the year 2026.

20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I work-mate of mine raises chickens for eggs.

Me, I'll likely never do this. Chickens are so nasty. When one is hungry, seems that one puts aside olfactory considerations.

21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the "for what it's worth" department, adult humans do not need much meat to survive.

If one puts back cases of beans and rice, then come their usage, just toss in a bit of meat for taste and nutrients. Getting B12 is critical. Meat is full of B12. Eggs are chocked-full of great nutrients.

In addition to the corned beef I bought, I bought several jars of bullion cubes to flavor rice. When I was a kid, a retired combat sergeant major drilled that into my head.

22. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yesterday I got my daughter to my computer and let her watch a couple of links posted on this very thread " The Coming Starvation ". She was shocked . Today her husband bought a rooster and likely has it home by now . Over the next few days they plan to get some hens from a private source they found , and do like me raise a few chickens for the famine .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Food isn't much of a problem to grow even for people tht live in the bigger cities...as long as the water continues to flow out of the water hose!!! The day that I believe the power is down and of for the foreseeable future I will start digging a well. I know where to dig. In the wet yers I have a flowing spring in my yard. Even in mid summer I can find water with a posthole digger and get mud. I actually have the tools to dig a 30 or 40 foot well and case it with a 4" PVC pipe. I did one of these to water a friends garden. Water won't be our problem.

What will be a problem will be the short term refugees out of Houston. Those fools have showed up here running from a hurricane. They evacuate with no money, a bottle of coke and a bag of chips and expect people to take them in and feed and shelter them. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! They nearly destroied two churches in the last Hurricane. They will NOT be welcomed anywhere here next time.

Think about it for bit...What kind of person leaves their home and has no money, no friends of family anywhere that will take them in, and shows up with nothing. At least pack some food, water, clothes, and blankets fool!! The people that tore up those churches tore up anything there that wasn't worth stealing.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The assumption is that all humans possess forethought in their intellectual repertoires.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Many "humans" have the forethought of goldfish. And they are without self-discipline. And they have I.Q.s below 90. And they have a predatory mindset. And they are without a gag-reflex. And if you make the mistake of caring for them for only a few days, what minuscule amount of work-ethic they may have possessed disappears.

Witness New Orleans, 2005, post-hurricane Katrina. Hell on Earth

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    No your right, most people these days are stupid, the things they say prove it, you cant fix stupid!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    try telling that to people who live on take aways and fast food.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking about selling hamburger
    tree seeds to suburbanites.

upload_2022-4-8_18-43-20.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    People these days don't seem to encourage much in the way of forethought or even thought in their kids. Most of what they learn in school for most is little more than how to parrot what someone else said. Parents just don't have time for their kids now and without encouragment at home kids don't do much more than they just HAVE to do to pass so that they can stay in the same grade as their friends.

Now days both parents work. That means that they are suposed to have more money but it usually doesn't seem to work that way. The kids don't have any full time parents and it shows.

29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I only remember one kid whose parents were divorced.

My dad could be trouble, but my mom stayed with him.

But even if a kid had some bad example at home, there were grandfathers, men at church, and the community.

There were rules and you followed them.

As tolerance for mediocre effort and overt criminal activity among youth breaks down, so does society.

----------------------

"Maryland senior citizen assaulted by four suspects during attempted carjacking"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-senior-citizen-assaulted-suspects-attempted-car-jacking

"A Maryland women suffered two broken bones after four suspects, who were caught on camera assaulting her, attempted to steal her car in Prince George's County.

"The incident took place on March 29, when the four suspects approached the victim during her return home from running errands, according to Fox 5 Washington DC. They pushed the victim to the ground, looked through her pockets, stole her keys and ripped her purse from her hands.

"The victim repeatedly cries out for help, but there was no one to come to her rescue."

"A group of teens are accused of attacking and carjacking a 73-year-old woman, whose arm was severed before she died on the scene, authorities said. Linda Frickey, a grandmother of four, was leaving her job at a New Orleans insurance company when three teens surrounded her and took her out of the car. The suspect at the driver side appeared to stomp and punch Frickey while female accomplices jumped into the backseat. Sister-in-law Kathy Richard is reeling. 'It’s so deliberate, cruel,' she said."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    whats that got to do with the thread title?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One thing about living out in the sticks is that it is 20 miles to and 20 miles from town makes fast food not very fast. We don't eat fast food nearly as often as we did when we lived in town. We only go to town to eat about once a week. My wife would like to go more often but that gets expensive.

We eat a lot of old school meals like Red beans and rice, Stew, gumbo, SOS How many of you know about SOS?, homemade soup, and various fried meat dishes with rice and gravy or potatoes and gravy. We actually cook a lot now days and don't eat out as much as we used to. We also eat a lot of Mexican dishes. My wife cooks Mexican, Cajun, German and Itallian like a native. Simple meals and then make corn bread or bisquets to go with it.

When we were both working we ate out a lot or I would pick something up on the way home. Now it would require a trip to town. We have a cafe here but that is about all.

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  32. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "The Global Fertilizer Shortage Means That Far Less Food Will Be Grown All Over The Planet In 2022"

https://theeconomiccollapseblog.com...od-will-be-grown-all-over-the-planet-in-2022/

-------------------------------------------------------

"Global Instability: Food Inflation, Food Shortages, and Famine"

https://www.markavis.org/2022/04/07/global-instability-food-inflation-food-shortages-and-famine/

"It is a straightforward equation. People may put up with many things, but they start to become angry when they cannot feed their families. For those on marginal incomes, food inflation = cannot feed the family = anger. In the countries of the developed world, we have become so used to plentiful food that it is difficult to imagine what it might be like to be short of it. And being short of food is still a long way from famine, which is even less imaginable than food shortages. Jasper Becker’s (1997) book about the (communist made) famine in China in the late 50s and early 60s gives a harrowing account of the experience of famine. It is almost impossible to summarise how degrading starvation is from this account. For example, in the last stages, morality disappears, and cannibalism may occur. Starvation is genuinely a horrific process.

"The current situation for food means that large scale and widespread famines are about to become an appalling possibility. In addition to famine in poorer countries, there is a real possibility of food shortages, even in some developed economies. And, in all cases, the coming massive inflation in food prices will be a force for dissent, protest and even civil disorder. In other words, an unstable world is about to become even more perilous.

"However, even in the rich world, as inflation bites and people struggle to pay their bills, it will become increasingly challenging to put decent food on the table. As that happens, anger will likely follow. All of this will mean that politics is going to become more fractious and potentially more dangerous. In much of the Western world, politics is already polarised and increasingly aggressive. Popular discontent is likely to inflame these existing tensions further, and the cynical will likely exploit any growing anger for their own ends. It is an opportunity for extremists.

"As the food problems unfold, we should not forget how we got here. In large part, the growing issues are a product of the foolish and hysterical Covid policies. Whilst the Russo-Ukraine war has acted as a further catalyst, it is not the cause of the problems. Finally, we should also not forget the role of China; like so much that comes from the CCP, the food stockpiling is yet another malignant outcome of their brutal and inhuman values."

33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "mono cropping" cannot be sustained without heavy use of manmade fertilisers and pesticides, which are all imported into the UK. without these manmade items the ground used for mono cropping is dead and devoid of life.

34. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I was told yesterday about a young guy that has been to my residence fell on hard times . He was living in a cave and eating bugs . He said he had a dream that altered his life " likely hallucinating from hunger " . He has emerged from his cave and now is working at a job with my son . That guy had left a walking stick at my house many years ago that I had saved in case he ever came back . I gave the walking stick to a grandson a couple of months ago . -- Such living standards will be the fate of others as the starvation settles in .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    America could grow its own food for its own people without heavily industrialized farming.

However ...

Industrial farming -- genetically altered crops, heavy use of fertilizer, satellite bio-data feedback to farmers, ... -- all of its needs are utterly dependent on fertilizer and all manner of other outside technologies being provided to the farmer/agriculturalist who lives on the land.

Even for those living in the U.S., the prices of food items are going to go through the roof.

Here in rural regions, all towns have farmers markets -- "grown locally" veggies. In rural areas, deer meat killed locally is chilling in people's freezers. In small coastal towns, there is also the ready-availability of fish that have been caught that day. But if an American lives away from aggie regions, away from where food is produced, then they are going to get kicked in the billfold mighty hard.

The other day while at the grocery, I bought salt and several bottles of cooking oil (dated 2023/2024). Those on this site who have been posting about how to put back lard are spot-on in their efforts. Born in the South, I'm utterly addicted to fried food. Back in the day, people raised hogs, you just did -- or it was bear grease; groundhogs are also fat. Times go bad, it will be stews to keep body and soul together. For our large fireplace, I had the mason install a big iron arm (18') so that pots can be swung over the fire.

Food inflation articles are in the news, but I dont' think that this is sinking into their heads. They are thinking "price jump". Well, that little term fall FAR short of what is coming. Large urban and supermarkets are going to see a whole lot of shoplifting. Shoplifting to start with, however I see in future food stores being hit with flash mobs and overt looting by those given to that sort of behavior.

I was reading an article about one store beginning to ration baby formula.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/9/walgreens-begins-rationing-baby-formula-supply-cha/

Reading the comments, I came across one person's absolutely brilliant take. They said something to the tune of, "Does this also apply to the items one intends to steal?"

In areas where there are many people who act on their urges as opposed to forethought, where people live who have no feelings towards others or see them as "oppressors", food is simply going to be stolen off the shelves until little if anything is left for responsible humans. Urbanites and suburbanites are REALLY going to suffer in the realm of obtaining food.
    ------------------
    "Bread truck looted after accident on Spanish Town Rd"

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lat...ruck_looted_after_accident_on_Spanish_Town_Rd

"KINGSTON, Jamaica — A National Bakery truck was looted Thursday after it overturned along Spanish Town Road in St Andrew.

"One video shows several people surrounding the truck, some taking bread while others force their way inside. A woman was heard asking the people if they were going to destroy the bread truck.

"In the other video, a policeman is seen standing near the truck but this didn't stop some people from stretching under it and taking bread."
    ----------------------------------

Now with some video from the street, I will let Mrs. Love do the tour and the talking. She is there and she ain't square!

Mrs. Love may not call herself a "prepper", but Lord knows she is a latter-day voice of warning. She has a bunch of videos about how to be self-sufficient. Great woman.

Mrs. Love, show us what is goin on out Memphis way:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I learned just this morning that the price of fertiliser has just gone up 400%, in 2021 it was £250 per ton, now in 2022 the price is £1,000 per ton, this is bound to affect food prices.

37. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- An interesting discussion on the famine . It appears we have about a 3 month supply of food available for the supermarkets . According to the above link we can expect a famine in many countries comparable to what the world has seen in Ethiopia in the past . The unprepared are going to be in a bind .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if Britain had to live without food imports, if we started on January 1st of any year, with our current population and consumption we would run out of all food by the second week of August.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- A you tube video on the famine that is now unavoidable . Note the news anchor woman wants to shift the cause all on the Ukraine war whereas the Senator lays a large portion of the blame on the deranged trying to run governments .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Adding fuel to the fire, "Where are all of the trains?!"

"Black Swan Event? Top US Fertilizer Producer Hit With Rail Delays To Midwest"

https://www.cfindustries.com/newsroom/2022/union-pacific-shipping-restrictions

Quotes from article are in color Blue:

A fertilizer supply shock is imminent for US farmers as CF Industries Holdings, Inc. warned Thursday that rail shipments of crop nutrients would be reduced to top agricultural states, which couldn't come at the worst time as the Northern Hemisphere spring planting season is underway.

The world's largest fertilizer company said Union Pacific had hit it with railroad-mandated shipping reductions that would impact nitrogen fertilizers such as urea and urea ammonium nitrate shipments to Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, and California. Union Pacific told CF Industries without advance notice to reduce the volume of private cars on its railroad immediately. This means CF Industries had to decrease shipments by a whopping 20% to stay compliant.

"The timing of this action by Union Pacific could not come at a worse time for farmers," said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer of CF Industries.

"Not only will fertilizer be delayed by these shipping restrictions, but additional fertilizer needed to complete spring applications may be unable to reach farmers at all. By placing this arbitrary restriction on just a handful of shippers, Union Pacific is jeopardizing farmers' harvests and increasing the cost of food for consumers," Will said.

The move is particularly problematic for the Midwest, where 90% of corn and 80% of soybeans are produced in the US. The region is a critical node in the global food system, and tightening the fertilizer supply will only drive up food prices by shrinking harvests.

Farmers have been pressured by record-high fertilizer and diesel costs

CF Industries released an ominous warning about the lack of fertilizer across the Midwest this year and how it may cause food supply woes:

"If farmers are unable to secure all the nitrogen fertilizer that they require in the current season because of supply chain disruptions such as rail shipping restrictions, the Company expects yield will be lower.

"This will likely extend the timeline to replenish global grains stocks. Low global grains stocks continue to support high front month and forward prices for nitrogen-consuming crops, which has contributed to higher food prices," CF Industries said.

Josh Linville, direct of fertilizer at StoneX, called this a "black swan" moment for the Midwest.

UP rail situation:

Sounds like the UP is backed up on shipments. As a result, they are restricting "private car" shipments (i.e. not UP equipment) by almost 20%.

We were already struggling with fert logistics coming into spring. This doesn't help at all...#blackswan pic.twitter.com/YOo36UWj2J
    — Josh Linville (@JLinvilleFert) April 14, 2022

--------------------

https://www.cfindustries.com/newsroom/2022/union-pacific-shipping-restrictions

41. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Choice: Higher taxes or waves of migrants?

"UN Director Warns Europe of ‘Hell on Earth’ Migrant Crisis Amid Global Food Shortage"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...rth-migrant-crisis-amid-global-food-shortage/

"A senior UN official has warned that Europe must either pay for more food aid abroad or face a 'Hell on Earth' migrant crisis.

"Food Programme has put to Europe’s leaders.

"The dramatic warning comes as the global organisation begins to struggle to pay for the food it gives to famine-stricken parts of the world, with the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine disrupting food supply globally and, by extension, driving up prices.

"Now, according to a report by POLITICO, the food programme’s head has warned that its project is in jeopardy, and that Europe either needs to cough up more funds for the UN group’s mission or face a terrible migrant crisis.

“'We’re billions short,' said World Food Bank Executive Director David Beasley. 'Failure to provide this year a few extra billion dollars means you’re going to have famine, destabilization, and mass migration.'

“'If you think we’ve got Hell on earth now, you just get ready,' the former Governor of South Carolina continued. 'If we neglect northern Africa, northern Africa’s coming to Europe. If we neglect the Middle East, [the] Middle East is coming to Europe.'”

TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most of that "foreign aid" never reaches the people it is designed to help, millions of pounds are syphoned off and go into the pockets of the corrupt govt of those countries.
    the poor people get the crumbs, thats if their lucky,

43. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The bidding war by countries in an attempt to feed their populations has begun . The rich may be able to obtain food but on the other end of the spectrum the poor or going to go hungry , turn into walking skeletons and die .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    govt's around the world may have purchasing power but thats only good for when there is a plentiful supply, if there are going to be shortages maybe money alone is not enough.
    I'm not an advocate of globalisation, in fact I detest it, much better to buy food locally and in season, and learn how to grow your own whilst you still have the time to do so.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    So long as the Borg exists, it will use the starving masses to crush Western Culture. Vast hordes of immigrants, aided by the Borg (international collectivism), will flood into Europe and the United States unless the people of those countries stand up and fight international communism with all they have.

The Borg thrives on peasants. If sometimes a few tens of millions of them die, so what. Just so long as any concept of individuality and Liberty are destroyed, the Borg is happy.

George Soros has a big wide grin on his face.

46. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- The title to this thread " the coming starvation " we can about now exchange for " the starvation " , as it has already arrived for some people . Others around the globe will gradually over the next months join the ranks of the starving . The link depicts where we now stand .

47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The media is sorta-kinda reporting on that which is coming; however, the coming famines all across the globe are collectively going to be well past catastrophic.

This planet was already teetering on the verge of having famines anyway. Witness the droughts. Witness Africa. The loss of food and fertilizer out of Russia and Ukraine turns the current situation into a perfect storm.

These famines WILL start wars. And, the wars they start will spread.

Could famine be the fuse for a major SHTF worldwide catastrophe such as global nuclear war? I certainly believe so. This is no exaggeration. Putin and his partners just this past week tested a new nuclear toy and threatened the West not to interfere with their rape of the Ukraine. Russia threatened Scandinavian countries not to join NATO "or else." America is without any sort of valid leadership in the White House. America has no Commander in Chief. In the Kremlin, sits a madman.

Western nation shoppers are only feeling the pain of prices going up in grocery stores. This phenom will double, quadruple, and make people very mad. However, across the world, masses of humans are going to die. Masses of humans are going to attack other countries to acquire the food they need. Starving people do NOT just sit still and let their families die, they migrate and/or attack those who have food.

Famine is one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. He has now arrived.

[​IMG]

48. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    More news appertaining

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...n-harvest-to-fall-by-20-per-cent-in-2022-mod/

Article quotes in color Blue

The British Ministry of Defence’s report on the food production situation in Ukraine mirrors that of many other people and organisations, with one U.N. official even warning that a “Hell on Earth” migrant crisis could emerge out of food scarcity in parts of the global south unless wealthier nations help alleviate the situation.

One aspect that the UK ministry does not cover however is the apparent disruption in the stockpiling and transport of foodstuffs that Ukraine does manage to produce.

Some have suggested that the Russian military is actively preventing grain from being exported from the country, with one senior individual in the grain trade saying Moscow has had its ship block Ukrainian ports in the Black Sea, which in turn has made it almost impossible for produce to get out of the country.

Ireland’s Prime Minister Micheál Martin has also repeated this claim, but has added that Russians are supposedly actively targeting food stockpiles in the country for destruction in the hopes of actively manufacturing a food supply crisis to destabilise the west.

“The largest grain silos in the Ukraine have all been levelled so there is a very clear strategic objective there to create a food crisis on top of the energy crisis that has been created as well as waging an immoral and unjust war on Ukraine itself,” Martin claimed after meeting with the Ukrainian Prime Minister, who stopped off in Ireland while on route to Washington D.C.

He also went on to blame the ongoing Ukrainian refugee and migrant crisis — which open borders Ireland is currently struggling to deal with in any sort of effective way — on Russia, arguing that Vladimir Putin was trying intentionally push Ukrainians west.

“They are very clear there is a deliberate strategy on behalf of Putin to literally bomb people out of Ukraine, to create so much terror that people will flee,” the Prime Minister said.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- Some may find the video on the above link too horrifying to watch . Quite understandable . The video depicts the now ongoing starvation . People are getting in line to sell their kidneys and children so they can buy food . This is what is happening in Afghanistan after Biden abandoned them . Country after country where people are experiencing the starvation can be found on You Tube . Strange there is no mention of the starvation on the news networks . Just because some may still be able to find food if they are willing to outbid the people in the poorer countries for the available food in the world , doesn't mean people that they don't have to look at are not starving .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- Live chicken buying panic ongoing . In the beginning phases of Covid the grab item was toliet paper now in the beginnings of the starvation it is live chickens for the back yard . A prepper living without their chickens is akin to a duck with no water .

TMT Tactical likes this.