The End Of The World As We Know It Would Only Take 100 Ballistic Missiles.

Discussion in 'Nuclear War' started by lonewolf, Dec 5, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Lonewolf,

Had just read the article and would think many more than 140,000 Americans would die from lack of food. Access to the food supplies would be a major determinant. The aggregating health issues such as available potable water adds to the cited 140 K killed.

The comments are great !

Takoma Park, Maryland and New Zealand are self-declared nuclear-free zones. Maybe we should get out the maps......just in case.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      I would bet the "Nuclear free zones" would work as well as our "Gun Free Zones".

TMT Tactical, Dec 5, 2019
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Those so-called scientist is in serious need to get off their armchair. Human civilization is far more resilient than that even assuming each of those 100 missiles are all 1MT city-buster kind. Even their casualty estimate is preposterous at best.

4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Just like one of the comments on the article --- "I wonder how much grant money was spent on this study".

5. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    100 Ballistic missiles I would consider a misnomer. More accurate for their discussion I would think would be ICBM's "Intercontinental ballistic missiles" which carry MIRV's "multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles". Fancy speak for long range missiles carrying many guided nuclear bombs. These weapons carrying anywhere from 10 to 32 individually targetable warheads, would alter life on our planet for hundreds of years. Long after any nuclear autumn and winter would pass, the effects of gamma radiation would continue to mutate life forms. To what extent is the question. The radiated area around Chernobyl is a great study area for determining what might be the outcome of such a war. For the USA, there is only 19 cities that are considered "major" or have a population of over I believe 100,000. A total of 3 missiles would be all that would be needed to turn all of them to dust.

If I would survive a full nuclear strike, I plan on heading to the ocean with my family with our touring kayaks and heading south. Way south. At least to Belize and maybe farther.

world-map-with-all-cities-3.jpg

God help us and forgive us if we ever do such a foolish thing.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You could kill half of the world's population with a lot less than 100 nukes. There is more to it than just the minor environmental problem. Most of the world has an outdated infrastructure that once down might not be able to recover. The countries with massive population problems like China and India will suffer the most followed by the industrial nations with their huge megacities. The problem won't just be that there will be shorter growing seasons. The problem is that the crops will rot in the fields or in the silos. The path from the fields to the tables in the big cities is a long and complicated path. A break anywhere in the system means it does not get there.

The less industrialized countries with a larger rural population will fare a little better. The fall won't be as far ad their citizens may not be as pampered and lost as many of ours.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I must have missed "a minor environmental problem"... WOW! A minor problem. I thought the article was funny before but that makes it stupid. A Nuclear War is Biological SUICIDE!!! There are numerous enzymes and bacteria in the soil that are essential for the plants to even grow. Gamma radiation in the fallout will completely sterilize the soil where it lays. No crops because no life in the soil. It just gets worse biologically from there.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    2 billion dead out of a world population of 7+billion is I think a bit low, even if they aren't killed outright a lot more will die because of the damage caused to the supply chain and to the manufacturing base, this kind of attack is the one that will put most people back into the stone age, the ones that survive the initial attack that is.
    nobody wins in a nuclear war, we all lose. I have been anti-nuclear all my life, I think its the worst invention that humans ever made.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.