The Fall

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by TexDanm, Jan 15, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The fall

As preppers/survivalists we need to think and plan for a lot of wildly different types of problems and a lot of different grades of disasters. We generally tend to think more along the lines of the end of the world as we know it but what if it only dropped a little or only for a short time.

It is simple to know what to do it the culture and society we live in totally collapses. You are on your on and basically, we are back to might makes right and the rule of violence. What if it doesn’t go all the way down though?

Where I live the right to protect those you love and your property. I understand that this isn’t the way it is in most places now. For me there will be no problem if rioters come on my property and try to take or burns my stuff. For a lot of you if you use lethal force and things don’t go all the way down you could be in deep trouble.

I know that most of you have good plans for a total fall but what is your plan for just a period of sever social unrest that involves rioting and looter possibly trying to take your stuff? I have often thought that a second level of defense that was not lethal might be handy. Rubber bullets and the various pepper sprays and tear gas come to mind.

Have you thought of this and what do you plan?

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    All illegal here Tex, but yes I have thought of it. A very good point to raise.
    I guess for us it will have to be rather judged by 12 than carried by 6!
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Woodsbum

Woodsbum Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    I will do what I must to protect me and mine.
    I'll deal with the consequences later.
    I don't want to hurt anyone but I'm not going to let them run ruffshod over me neither.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am thinking about an electric fence. Can you imagine what a thief would do if he walked into a cattle grade electric fence at night. I've been hit by them several times and they are not as bad as a hotshot but they are not any fun either.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've had a deputy say that to me.

If a law violates the inalienable rights of a human, then the persons bringing the law into being are felons against Liberty and should be hung.

It's time to get back to being adults.

For this to happen, the souls of all humanity must be shaken to the core. Mankind must be humbled before God.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Guy told me he had a hunting dog that whizzed on a fence-post that had an electric fence insulator nailed to it. Dog got nailed, yelped like it had had an epiphany, and ran off. He said he never saw the dog again. Maybe it traveled to Tibet.

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    :D Agreed Tex, I did the same opening a gate one time!!! A good thought, but I would have a lot of ground to cover here. I will keep it in mind though as we are changing things around here come winter in regards to gardens, fencing & livestock.
    2b2efe0c0109eb2d8c8934958f1cbea3.jpeg Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.