The Handgun. What Is Your Choice From The Ones You Can Legally Own?

Discussion in 'Guns' started by Keith H., Sep 5, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    The pistol I have now is an antique. Legally I am not allowed to "use" it (fire it). But I do not need a licence, registration or a permit to purchase to obtain one of these. Percussion revolvers may seem like a good choice, but you need percussion caps. Anyway I have a love of old flintlocks, so I purchased a .70 caliber smoothbore flintlock pistol with a left hand lock & a brass cannon barrel.
    611913b3cc96b1ddf729bca6291e8d6e.jpeg
    Like my smoothbore fusil this pistol can digest round ball, buckshot & bird shot or any combination of two of these at one time. This is a good choice for me because with a leather patch or wads or wadding it takes the same size ammo as my fusil. It only requires a rock for ignition & is easy to clean & maintain. If the need should arise I can find plenty of alternative ammo to feed this pistol.
    Keith.