The Interlopers

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Old Geezer, Dec 17, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    They're coming!

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/housing-market-outside-new-york-city-booms-city-dwellers-flee

"While observing national housing trends, we have recently found wealthy Americans and anyone else who has the economic mobility are selling real estate in big cities and have fled to rural communities amid fresh concerns of the second coronavirus wave and ongoing social unrest.

"Not just agents, but home-builders in rural communities, such as Wurtsboro, New York, have reported a jump in activity thanks to urbanites leaving the city.

"Catskill Farms Inc.'s owner Chuck Petersheim said preconstruction sales are booming, and inquires are rising since the pandemic. 'People who are now in the Hudson Valley looking for homes, many of them have never been to the Hudson Valley before,' Petersheim said. 'That's new to the marketplace, that urgency.'"

upload_2020-12-17_11-8-48.png

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Many citizens fled Pompeii and Herculaneum before Vesuvius did its thing. When the mountain began rumbling, a lot of people said, "Not good, let's go."

This is happening in America now ... and many of us preppers wish they'd just stay where they nested. Too much to hope for. These birds are coming to sh## in our nests.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/murders-spike-nyc-residents-flee-suburbs

"Pandemic and social unrest are some of the reasons why wealthy New Yorkers are fleeing the metro area for rural communities. Now throw violent crime into the mix, and it appears the flight to safety will only increase.

"During May, overall crime declined compared to the same period last year. But the New York City Police Department (NYPD) said murders in the city increase by 79%, shootings jumped by 64%, and burglaries rose 34%.

"The surge in violent crime is expected to supercharge a trend of New Yorkers fleeing the metro for rural communities in New York and New Jersey."

upload_2020-12-17_11-27-26.png
    ------------------------------

https://nypost.com/2020/12/15/the-nypds-exodus-crisis/

"As The Post’s Aaron Feis and Larry Celona report this week, about 50 NYPD officers fled for police work in Nassau County just since Friday. Many had less than five years on the job, so the department is losing its fresher blood — and getting poor payback on its investment in their training.

"This flight comes in a year in which thousands of city cops have already quit or retired. Indeed, so many were putting in their papers, police brass actually had to limit their numbers.

"Meanwhile, violent crime in the city is soaring, with shootings doubling last year’s rate and murders up nearly 40 percent.

"What’s pushing police to leave? Feeling worse-than-unwanted: The anti-cop hostility — fueled by the Black Lives Matter movement and the politicians who back it — has grown overwhelming. For several years, city and state lawmakers have been undermining law enforcement, freeing criminals and handcuffing cops with new laws and restrictions. This year, the City Council passed an anti-chokehold law that makes it difficult for officers to arrest suspects who resist without themselves breaking the law."
    ==========================================

3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This will likely go down in history as a great migration . The year 2021 will be interesting but for many tragic as we begin the downward spiral toward teotwawki . This is the beginning of what preppers have been preparing for . The subsequent years after 2021 will be even worse . Those that were looking for that good buy on a survival retreat have likely now waited too late as wealthy people are grabbing up property they see as a bargain compared to the property value in the Democrat area they are fleeing from . Property buying in republican held areas is in a buying frensy . They are buying it sight unseen in many cases in their desperate grab at property as they flee what they have destroyed . Reminds me of that saying about " rats leaving a burning ship " .

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    1. Old Geezer
      Yep. 100%

Old Geezer, Dec 17, 2020
      wally, poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What you are talking about is the beginning stage of the TEOTWAWKI just as we have always predicted. When things go bad we have always known that the masses were going to abandon the rapidly deteriorating conditions of the big cities. We were to some extent prepared for a mass sort of thing after the collapse of the utilities and rising social unrest. This is the same thing, just in a more slow-motion form. The end result will be much the same though because these people will run from the unrest and then try to force the same disaster on the places that they go to.

They will loot the stores empty, turn their drug-addicted kids out on the streets, play their loud music, and in general act like a bunch of low life assholes because that is how they acted in the city. What they will not understand is that if things go totally to the pits they will be considered vermin invaders with nothing to offer and exterminated. They will be out of food in a hurry because most of them don’t know how to cook and they stock up with freezer goods and such.

It is unfortunate for those of us that left a long time ago that we will have to put up with them until things go totally down the tubes. Just a word for those that are still in the big cities that are planning to bug out at some point… When you move into a small town or into a rural area you need to try to fit in and not treat the natives like a bunch of illiterate savages. We don’t know much about opera, a lot of us don’t even watch much TV. We do know about farming, ranching, hunting, fishing, and gardening. Your big brick house doesn’t impress us and when you get hungry that will not be the time to get to know your neighbors. As soon as you move you need to start getting to know people and fit in.

When things go down the people in the small towns and rural communities are going to tend to work together more than city people are used to. We have no police. Our fire department is made up of local volunteers, if you break down calling a wrecker is going to take a long time coming so you are more likely to have someone local stop and help you than have someone come 30 miles out in the country for you. We are used to living this way. If you do like a recent local addition to my area and put up a fence with no trespassing signs on every other post and have flood lights on all night so your place looks like a prison you are not going to do well when things become uncivilized.

Amber Wolf, wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Speaking of operas .............

The relocating trash don't know about opera either. There people are really limited in their experience.

Personally, I like it when they treat me like an illiterate barbarian. My fun is in my reply that establishes these fools are inadequate beings. One of these idiots told me of all the great museums and operas available they thrived on. My response told of my love for Chinese opera where the lead woman singer wears a rolled olive drab towell on her neck. Again, this to me is fun when indirectly imtroducing these idiots to their own very limited knowledge-base.

Haven't watched television in over 50 years.

wally, Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    anyone who wants to relocate from a city needs to do it now, post TEOTWAWKI any "migration" from the cities is doomed to failure, making anyone a refugee in all but name.

wally, TMT Tactical and TexDanm like this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Art to be art requires effort. The artists must suffer in their efforts. Even if the artist was born gifted, honing a skill is work even as is the honing of a knife.

I appreciate operas (I'm god-awful picky) and appreciate paintings. However, that which passes for "art" in these fallen times of ours is little better than an infant playing with his own sh##.

I've had several artist friends. I've been considered crude by them. OK, if honesty is crude, then I'm very crude. Concerning a piece of abstract art, I once told an artist friend of mine, "I am insufficiently neurotic to appreciate that painting." He agreed.

8. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    As someone who bugged out of civilization a while ago, you just don't show up and instantly have a successful operation. It takes years of hard work to make everything on the homestead work in your favor. Bugging out when things are getting dicey will be tough. I think of all the items I had to buy from the hardware store when they were cheep and plentiful, with the shelves empty now. I don't see this getting better now.

I am glad I am in an area that very few want to bug out to. I like my space and solitude.