The K2 Event; Survival Material To Contemplate

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by Pragmatist, Feb 8, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://explorersweb.com/2021/02/06/k2-search-resumes-at-dawn-climbers-begin-telling-their-story/

Good morning all,

There's an ongoing survival event going on and there's some stuff that can be learned / relearned.

Note article's "extra oxygen".

Note comment by Steve about the real experts he labels "elite" just on climb for experience and not to go to summit: "elite, They all turned back".

K2 is, I recall, ~ 200 meters less elevation than Mt Everest but said to be more dangerous of a climb because of rougher weather. K2 is Pakistan-China area. Mt Everest is Nepal-China area.

I personally prefer the Gulf of Tonkin - China area. I'm freezing here in Lord Fairfax's colony just a dozen degrees below freezing.