The Lost Book Of Herbal Remedies

Discussion in 'Books' started by Justin Baker, Jan 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    "The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies" by Claude Davis and Nicole Apelian.
    I want to remind everybody on this forum to not forget to look for good books on how to find , identify, harvest properly, and use effectively medicinal herbs in the wild and in your backyard. My household forages and wildcrafts many herbs and spices all season long. Most of the herbs we gather are processed into tinctures, salves, and syrups. Some we hang dry to dehydrate, then store in sealed glass mason jars in a large cabinet designed to keep out light just for our herbs! We are in Oregon, Lane County, and there are quite a lot of trees here that provide some interesting healing properties! My mom just bought me a book for my birthday last October (I turned 44), “The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies” by Claude Davis and Nicole Apelian. Check it out here: https://bit.ly/2rlY0tC ,I loved it and immediate bought three copies for Christmas presents! I immediately noticed a superfood tree listed in its pages that I know for a fact has been quietly making its way into many American backyards! If you can spot this peaceful invader he’ll provide you with food (all parts are edible), water (it can purify it), more protein and calcium than milk, four times the iron of spinach and… a LOT more! I planted one in my backyard two years ago and was absolutely blown away by how fast it grew – over 4′ feet in just 2 months. Best of all, this tree already grows in many American backyards, so see if it grows in your own backyard as well.
    Wanted to share my good find with y’all!

poltiregist, randyt, howler and 2 others like this.
  2. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I bought a copy and am looking forward to it.

3. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Good! I like that it isn't just regurgitated information that i see in a lot of herbal books. And i see a lot of herbal books... LOL - I hope you do enjoy it!

randyt and poltiregist like this.
  4. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Now that spring has sorta sprung, I've actually started taking my copy with me - right behind my seat in the truck! Then again, I do like herbal wildcrafting and foraging a lot...

randyt likes this.
  5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Spring is far from sprunging here, still a foot of snow on the ground. Good time to harvest chaga. I have a lot of herbal books too going back many years.

Do you utilize ghost pipes?

6. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    I have not, but I do know what to use them for, and now that you mention it, I should make a tonic of them... that would be very useful!

randyt likes this.