The Movie Deliverance

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by glreese, Jun 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

?

Have you seen the movie Deliverance?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen the movie Deliverance. I watched it a long time ago, and forgot about it until I saw it again on tv this morning. As I was watching the movie I thought about this website and thought it might be a good top to discuss. First of all I found the movie to be very interesting. It made my survival instincts kick in. For those of you who have seen it, what do you think the four men trying to survive did well and what they didn't do well. What would you have done differently?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I watched this many years ago, & can't remember a lot about it. The only thing that sticks in my mind that I feel could be of importance to members of this forum is, that there are bad people out there, everywhere, & you need to bare this in mind. I once made a comment about not being able to carry a firearm in a national park for defence, & someone said that was a stupid comment. They said that it was a national park & therefore how could it be dangerous when camping there.
    Spoken by someone who has obviously not had any experience of this & is totally ignorant of all possible dangers that exist. Hard to believe anyone could actually think this way. People go missing every day, & yet there are still those people who say "it could never happen to me". These people believe that bad things only happen to bad people, it happens to them because in some way they invited it to happen & they deserved it. I wonder how many of those people went missing today?!!! I would have been & am better prepared.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]
    Deliverance Movie Image.

3. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I completely agree with you. Guns are an absolutely necessary carry on anytime you go somewhere camping, or spend any amount of times in a isolated outdoors area. It's sad to think that a lot of people like that go missing daily. They're not bad people, just naive. That's the saddest thing. But I agree, I too would have been better prepared. Thanks for your comment!

Keith H. likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I haven't seen it for a few years, and if memory serves me right one of the 4 didn't make it and one man was "raped" to put it politely, and it was a miracle any of them made it out alive.
    their first mistake was thinking it was a big joke when they started, and the second was not to be aware of other people in the vicinity.
    the best part of it was the "duelling banjos" bit.

Keith H. likes this.