The new hatchet

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Tom Williams, Jun 19, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Trip to walmart bored as mrs shopped i found a coleman hatchet. For under ten bucks i like the feel of this tool as i got it in my hand so i gradded a second light with fair balance these will be nice for light work around the fire and place sharp with a fair edge right out of package i stoned them to a great edge in a few mins

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    For ten dollars is just alright for a Walmart buy, nothing really fancy or top notch quality, I bet the head will rust pretty fast under Normal to low humidity. I find the Curve of the Steel Rod that connects the Head to the Rubber handle a little awkward to hold, But I think you will find the Proper grip In time. But It will suffice for hammering in tent stakes and woodcutting.

3. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I saw a review on this and it wasn't great. I think this may be worth what you paid for it. Most people may think this is too heavy for hiking. I think this may be handy for chopping off branches for fire wood. I'd rather carry a machete tho.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    For that price I would also think the quality is very low.
    Maybe pay a little bit more but have one that lasts longer...
    I would rather try to find a different tool that has multiple ways of using it.
    I think that would be more practical.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    For 10 bucks its a nice little tool the handle is a weak point yes for light chores it will work I DONT RECOMMEND THIS AS A MAIN TOOL BETTER ARE OUT THERE!!!!