The packable woodstove

Discussion in 'All Resources About Fire' started by Tom Williams, Aug 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    A packable woodstove in longterm survival would be a good investment it give you a contained fire that you can cook on and heat for a shelter they are very affordable and most come complete to set up and use Warning !!! Fire it up outside to burn the cheap paint off !!!! Ive saw these for around 70 bucks next trip to city im hitting sears and getting one

GS AutoTech likes this.
  2. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Got any links to any of these stoves you like?

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  4. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    I have one of those bio stoves it burns sticks and produces energy to charge usb devices which I personally don't use. I've only used it for boiling water which it worked well for. I'll probably test out the cook top it came with this year. This wouldn't be my first choice for a back pack stove as its a little on the heavy side and I prefer a more low tech stove. This stove I mainly use for ice fishing or having in the truck when heading in the bush.

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Yep mine come from sears liked first one so much i have four now the first has made 7 trips west huntin elk and mule deer in wy keeps the wall tent comfy in some nasty weather

GS AutoTech likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    A packable wood-stove?!

Just the other day, I was helping a friend with paving his driveway. I put my steamroller up on the roof and drove on over there. Good thing I tied that monster down with some bailing twine, 'cause there were some serious curves in the road.

7. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    I've seen a few if these little stoves in ads. As we all know, some items sold are not worth the cardboard they are shipped in when it comes to function or poor construction that leads to a short life. I'm particularly interested in hearing about a stove that anyone has & has used. Report any pro's and con's, even minor details.

8. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    We get all sorts of freebies of stuff like this at work to try out. The problem with lightweight materials is that they are light use. I've tried four different stoves and none of those was worth the bulk. The metals used are too thin and crimps or bends/breaks. If you have a cabin, I would strongly suggest you take that 4x4 and get a proper stove there, if you are camping, build a fireplace with rocks and what have you.

GS AutoTech likes this.